May Have To Changes To Plans Due To Floods - Nth East Or Nth ?

Stekmer

I'm due to arrive into BKK on Nov 4th, staying for 2 nights and then onto Cambodia for a couple of weeks and then back to Thailand (BKK 2 nights and Kanchanaburi for 3 nights) and then have 2 weeks before heading home.

My original plan was to fly to Ubon Ratchathani and then train back to BKK via Korat and Ayutthaya but the floods make that a bit of an 'ify' option. In March this year (during that cold spell) I spent a few days in Nong Khai after a trip to Laos and really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed my 5 days in Chiang Rai and a quick trip to Mae Sai and Tachileik.

I'm now thinking that the Ubon Ratchathani and then train back to BKK via Korat and Ayutthaya may not be a viable option. I quite fancy the feel and atmosphere in the smaller rural places in Thailand, particularly along the Mekong so thoughts turned to Chaing Rai and nearby places on the river such as Chiang Khong - renting a bicycle and doing short (5 to 10 km) trips around the vicinity. Does 4 nights in Chiang Khong sound like too long?

A bit of a last minute rethink of my plans so open to any suggestions.

Why not try Nan province in northern Thailand - Thailand's last "undiscovered" gem as those in the know describe it? There are some great bike rides around and out of the city on easy, undulating roads. You could throw in a day or overnight trip by car to Bo Klua in the Mang River Valley, about 1.45 minutes north of Nan. Spectacular scenery along the way and a real off the beaten path destination. Nok Air flies Bangkok to Nan three times a day and you can even fly from Nan to Chiang Mai.

Why not try Nan province in northern Thailand - Thailand's last "undiscovered" gem as those in the know describe it? There are some great bike rides around and out of the city on easy, undulating roads. You could throw in a day or overnight trip by car to Bo Klua in the Mang River Valley, about 1.45 minutes north of Nan. Spectacular scenery along the way and a real off the beaten path destination. Nok Air flies Bangkok to Nan three times a day and you can even fly from Nan to Chiang Mai.

Correction here - Bo Klua is 1.45 HOURS north of Nan, not minutes.