Should I Panic?

annilicious

so i have been busy at work and did not update any news about flood until today, the Business Development Dept in my office launch their "Business Continuity Plan" aka "work at home".

So I left work early and thought about to store some dry food such as cup noodle. to be honest, im kinda panic with those idea about flood. i live near Chaopraya river, ALONE. and they say a huge mass of water is coming tonight....anyway, i already bought ....OREO.....it was the last FOOD I saw in the shelf.

there are so many news, twitter, facebook, online news etc. those minus news scared me.

is it that serious? should I panic?

i wonder if it really going to happen in bkk, how long it's gonna be flooding?

How long did your office say their Business Continuity Plan was going to be in operation? Sounds like their contingency for the flooding.

As advised above you'll be safe above ground floor level but stock up with as much water as you can. Maybe you can stay with friends or family out of town and still work online from there?

Good luck :)

When I lived in a cyclone zone, we were all reminded to have a "cyclone pack"...canned food, bottled water, first aid kit, torch etc etc in case of emergency evacuation. My friend always had a bottle of gin in there too.

Maybe it is time for us to keep aside a "flood pack"? It could even double as a "coup pack" or "red-shirts-run-amok-pack" or even "yellow-shirt-blockade-pack"!

i wonder if it really going to happen in bkk, how long it's gonna be flooding?

How long did your office say their Business Continuity Plan was going to be in operation? Sounds like their contingency for the flooding.

As advised above you'll be safe above ground floor level but stock up with as much water as you can. Maybe you can stay with friends or family out of town and still work online from there?

Good luck :)

we haven't start the plan yet but if water comes, plan starts until things turn ok. so i hope i can go to work on thuesday.

what I worried about was not a flood. it's ok. but i just don't like it when people are panic and over acting in every corner of the town.

I worried they will stop the power and water supply and then it is going to be shortage of food and safe water.

i still have a hope that things will be ok. its been 3 weeks that me and company work harder to support the clients in suffered area.

we still want to help and save their business as much as we can. this is the time to help each other to continue business and run the world as normal.

in conclusion, when flood comes to the central bangkok, business stop, no food no safe water, no dry area to set the prevention and migration center.

DISASTER

When I lived in a cyclone zone, we were all reminded to have a "cyclone pack"...canned food, bottled water, first aid kit, torch etc etc in case of emergency evacuation. My friend always had a bottle of gin in there too.

Maybe it is time for us to keep aside a "flood pack"? It could even double as a "coup pack" or "red-shirts-run-amok-pack" or even "yellow-shirt-blockade-pack"!

yeah, flood pack is a good idea and i believe that there are a lot of ''good idea'' about flood or any disaster. but we, Thailand, should be unite first and then those good idea can be start. :)

Anni....I know a guy holed up in a high floor condo...all alone....plenty of food and water stored up, beer and whiskey too....kahlua and plenty of milk in the freezer......corn chips, dip and chocolate and frozen strawberries by the hundreds......if you interested.....let me know.

Anni....I know a guy holed up in a high floor condo...all alone....plenty of food and water stored up, beer and whiskey too....kahlua and plenty of milk in the freezer......corn chips, dip and chocolate and frozen strawberries by the hundreds......if you interested.....let me know.

appreciate your offer but no thank you. i think my survival skill will help me if it happen.

You Have DIP?? Where did you find DIP?? i Want some badly!! :)

Anyways, bottled water is out in my area since two days straight, whats the next best thing? Coke, Sprite? Juice? I have plenty of tuna tough, seems tuna is a bit on the expensive side for local Thai people, so theres plenty of tuna left, the Makrill in tomato sauce is sold out tough.

I've been in semi-panic mode for almost 2 weeks. The more I asked my wife about the situation, the more angry she would get and say things like: you worry too much, over in a couple of days, our house too high, why you be so silly? Then, two days ago, she ordered sandbags and had most of our belongings put on the second floor. Last night, I got the "why you scared to die" lecture which frequently comes up everytime I try to make her plan ahead for anything. Anyway, I guess I'm ready for at least a couple of weeks--maybe more if the electricity stays on.

I've been in semi-panic mode for almost 2 weeks. The more I asked my wife about the situation, the more angry she would get and say things like: you worry too much, over in a couple of days, our house too high, why you be so silly? Then, two days ago, she ordered sandbags and had most of our belongings put on the second floor. Last night, I got the "why you scared to die" lecture which frequently comes up everytime I try to make her plan ahead for anything. Anyway, I guess I'm ready for at least a couple of weeks--maybe more if the electricity stays on.

I wouldn't call that panic. That's taking precautions and anticipating.

Panicking is rushing with your car hastily packed stuff at the first rumor of water coming.

You should never Panic. That's how you make stupid decisions.

I wouldn't call that panic. That's taking precautions and anticipating.

Panicking is rushing with your car hastily packed stuff at the first rumor of water coming.

You should never Panic. That's how you make stupid decisions.

In a separate thread I was called smart for leaving BKK with wife and dogs.

We did not panic. Just decided that waiting for it was not worth it anymore.

So, now chilling out in Jomtien in a nice bungalow.

Should have taken the coffee machine with us, though... :rolleyes:

appreciate your offer but no thank you. i think my survival skill will help me if it happen.

Anni-Being that your survival kit consists of "OREO" purchased well after the prime-time to stock up came and went, i am betting your odds of survival are better in the high rise than left to your "survival skill"

Dag- my wife just went to take inventory of our pantry to check it against your list. Evidently loyalty is malleable during times of natural disaster in LOS and can be redirected depending on the quality/quantity of kha nom available; as I am headed off to bed she may be contacting you to double down her options! She is half Korean and just said to me " if he adds Kimchi to his list you will surely wake up alone."

Edited by KHR1010

yeah, flood pack is a good idea and i believe that there are a lot of ''good idea'' about flood or any disaster. but we, Thailand, should be unite first and then those good idea can be start. :)

With all due respect, this is a classic Thai response. --------- Yeah, maybe Farang have good idea -----

But Thais must unite before good idea start ----- in other words, Thais must think of the good ideas ---- As I say -- Classic.