Blu Ray Movies?

kamelot

Blue Ray movies are expensive and i doubt you will be able to rent them there would not be enough customers

They sell them in Villa Mart starting at about 1100 baht and they are not 3D

I have been buying my normal movies in Jungceylon on the first floor in the book shop

3 for 99 baht and they are not copies but not the latest release either

33 movies for the cost of one blue ray disc

The "DVD Movie" rental place near Chalong Circle on Wichit next to Tooth Town does not have BD yet.

I have bought some BD cheap at the luggage/dress/trinket shop in Kata on Thaina Rd. 20m from Kata Center, opposite the Center Inn. No problems with quality, just make sure they know you live here and will be back if the quality is crap.

I bought a good quality Blu-Ray player a couple of years ago, but quickly experienced the lack of availability of BR discs. There's a very slight enhancement when playing normal DVD's, but not to what could be considered HD standard. Without compromising this site, I've found myself obtaining quality high definition (new and old) movies online, as well as current TV from around the world, and even better it doesn't cost me anything. Anybody want to buy a quality Pioneer blu-ray disc player (due to lack of available discs, hardly every used)?

Edited by pagallim

I bought a good quality Blu-Ray player a couple of years ago, but quickly experienced the lack of availability of BR discs. There's a very slight enhancement when playing normal DVD's, but not to what could be considered HD standard. Without compromising this site, I've found myself obtaining quality high definition (new and old) movies online, as well as current TV from around the world, and even better it doesn't cost me anything. Anybody want to buy a quality Pioneer blu-ray disc player (due to lack of available discs, hardly every used)?

You can always convert your movies to ISO and mount your HD movies on a BD. Of course then you need a BD burner.

For HD (or SD) stuff I download I use a flash drive and just plug it right into my HD TV which has a USB port and is movie capable. (Some TV's have a USB port but can only display photos). Works great for a content starved country like Thailand.

You can always convert your movies to ISO and mount your HD movies on a BD. Of course then you need a BD burner.

For HD (or SD) stuff I download I use a flash drive and just plug it right into my HD TV which has a USB port and is movie capable. (Some TV's have a USB port but can only display photos). Works great for a content starved country like Thailand.

I download to an external hard drive, then connect through a laptop to a LCD TV (DVI port to HDMI on the TV). Many laptops now have HDMI connections, so you can go direct. I watch programmes like the latest season of 'Boardwalk Empire', about 6 hours after an episode has been screened in the US. Getting back to the original post though, that's what's made BluRay discs redundant for me, i.e. they aren't readily available; the movies that are, are inevitably old; and they're expensive.

A few hours of internet time, I have the latest movies in HD, as well as the best TV shows.