Motorcycle Factories Flooded

wana

is the honda bike factory flooded or was it just the car factory that was hit ?

how about the kawasaki factory ? anyone know if it got flooded or not ?

just read that some flooded factories may not be operational for 6+ months

how is this going to affect the suppy of new bikes ? can they import them from japan and keep the price

the same with the free trade agreement or are we in for a sharp price jump /and or a long wait for new motorcycles ?

last i read the nissan factory is still dry BUT they also had to cease production because about 20 companies that supply parts for their cars have been flooded /adversely affected

i would not be surprised if the same thing happended to the bike factories

i will be very depressed if theres a huge waiting list for bikes because of this

any short supply at all dealers will auction them off to the highest bidder etc etc .....

theres a shop owner on DinDaeng Rd who wanted 160,000 thb for a CBR 250 (without ABS ) and more than 80,000thb for a PCX because there is/was a waiting list

i thought he was taking the piss with farang pricing so my staff called him in thai and he gave them the same prices

theres people on the news forum saying this is going to be a bigger financial kick in the nuts than the japan earthquake and nuclear disaster that fiollowed it

i can only guess that some of this will be passed on the customers

even if just kawasaki had to stop making ninjas for 6 months prices of CBR'S would skyrocket and vice versa

a waiting list for new bikes means they can charge almost any price and be confident of getting it

last i read the nissan factory is still dry BUT they also had to cease production because about 20 companies that supply parts for their cars have been flooded /adversely affected

i will be very depressed if theres a huge waiting list for bikes because of this

any short supply at all dealers will auction them off to the highest bidder etc etc .....

theres a shop owner on DinDaeng Rd who wanted 160,000 thb for a CBR 250 (without ABS ) and more than 80,000thb for a PCX because there is/was a waiting list

i thought he was taking the piss with farang pricing so my staff called him in thai and he gave them the same prices

You understand the concept of supply and demand? You have to pay to play. Fortunately it seems like only AP Honda likes to gouge their customers. Most other brands in Thailand (Kawasaki, KTM, Yamaha, BMW, Ducati, Triumph) enjoy fixed pricing. Nobody's forcing you to buy a Honda, are they? :rolleyes:

You understand the concept of supply and demand? You have to pay to play. Fortunately it seems like only AP Honda likes to gouge their customers. Most other brands in Thailand (Kawasaki, KTM, Yamaha, BMW, Ducati, Triumph) enjoy fixed pricing. Nobody's forcing you to buy a Honda, are they? :rolleyes:

Actually you are wrong again (no surprise there ) ,Kawasaki have also bumped on 10 grand to a Ninja (above the MRSP ) and told me it would take 1-2 months after paying before i could collect it but thats besides the point and i didnt expect someone like you to understand anyway

take out 1 or 2 key players in the motorcycle business and it will inevitably have a knock on effect on the market .....ie .. prices will soar

i dont want to buy another honda ,its the other brands im interested in ;)

thanks for caring about my motorcycles though,its really touching ... :rolleyes: