Is This The Best Time Of The Year?

sceadugenga

The rainy season cannot be beaten for clean, clear, smokeless skies and photographic opportunities, especially just after a torrential downpour. Sadly travel conditions can be unpredictable if not unsafe up in the mountains during that time.

I’m still looking forward to cooler temperatures but as it gets cooler things become far less green and the air quality deteriorates. I can, however, find something to like about the different seasons regardless of their shortcomings.

As Garry says this signals the beginning of the best season for two wheelers. Devoid of dangerously wet conditions or oppressive heat, this is a good time of year. Cold foggy mornings followed by warm afternoons are mood altering enough for me to find no need for other intoxicants.

Thanks for reminding us of the good things in life Scea. :)

Finally back after a terrible summer in Canada (west coast) and a cold and wet fall. Arrived today to sun and warm and going to get the bike cleaned up and ready for a new riding season. I do like this part of cool nights and warm day. Last spring early summer here was to much for me, but I think if I stay will adjust. Just love this place people and things. Would not change any of it.

Finally back after a terrible summer in Canada (west coast) and a cold and wet fall. Arrived today to sun and warm and going to get the bike cleaned up and ready for a new riding season. I do like this part of cool nights and warm day. Last spring early summer here was to much for me, but I think if I stay will adjust. Just love this place people and things. Would not change any of it.

I have a buddy in Canada, who tells me that anything warmer that -20c is to dam_n hot :lol: . He is a sled racer, so I'm sure he likes the powder around that temperature, nice and dry B)

I have a buddy in Canada, who tells me that anything warmer that -20c is to dam_n hot :lol: . He is a sled racer, so I'm sure he likes the powder around that temperature, nice and dry B)

There are people like that in Canada.It is an illusion they MUST maintain for sanity purposes or young and dumb likeI was, once upon a time. You have to ask, where did the term “snowbirds” comefrom if it isn’t Canadians fleeing the winters there?

Yeah well, wiley, having been a good boy all year I suppose Santa brings you something. B)

Dear Sceadugenga,

I hope so.

I also hope that I can afford it......,after paying Santa in advance to arrange presents for the "wild, young coyotes"

I know it is a bit early ,but I wish you & all TV posters ,a good festive season

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Best Wishes

Wiley Coyote

Be interesting to see who's house the jolly old fellow flies straight over this year... villagefarang, jubby, sunholidaysun1.... just a few who will have to amend their behaviour in the next couple of months. :lol:

Surely you jest. :o I am always on my best behavior and if some fat, rosy-cheeked old drunk doesn’t care to stop by this year, that is up to him. I don't care how jolly he is. I mean seriously, a red jumpsuit in Thailand?

Besides, I already picked up a nice little Cartier number for the wife while I was in Hawaii. Like to see Santa top that. ;)

Be interesting to see who's house the jolly old fellow flies straight over this year... villagefarang, jubby, sunholidaysun1.... just a few who will have to amend their behaviour in the next couple of months. :lol:

Surely you jest. :o I am always on my best behavior and if some fat, rosy-cheeked old drunk doesn't care to stop by this year, that is up to him. I don't care how jolly he is. I mean seriously, a red jumpsuit in Thailand?

Besides, I already picked up a nice little Cartier number for the wife while I was in Hawaii. Like to see Santa top that. ;)

VF, I have seen the fat man in red in Thailand, but the last time I saw him, he was speaking...correction...slurring with a German accent, sodden beard etc, in a Pattaya beer bar many a year ago. :D

Well, I have only been here three years now, and this past warm, wet season was nothing like it was when I first arrived. Chalk it up to climate change, La Nina or what ever, but I was waiting for that hot, tropical blast to see if the decision to use AAC block with an offset brick partition in the wall was worth the extra cost and effort. The house has stayed really cool the entire time, but the weather sure wasn't what it was during the construction of it. I thought I would drown in my on sweat. There wasn't as much rain that summer either, if I remember correctly...but then I have been diagnosed with CSR...or was that CRS...can't remember. I am not complaining in the least...I love it on the cooler side of the thermometer. I am glad I did not have to install any AC to the wires already ran. Perhaps in the forthcoming years, who knows?

I do like this time of the year best though, before the smoke. For you Yanks out there....have a happy Thanksgiving. We have already missed it for the Canucks...so a belated happy for you guys as well. For everyone else....enjoy the weather! ett

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a picture from my sister in Toronto, showing snow on the ground, cold wet winding conditions on the west coast and people on facebook complaining about seasonal disorders. Now Thailand is nice enough to have days that only vary by 50 minutes, summer to winter. Temps that move about 5 degrees for same and a rain that is comfortably warm. I don't think I'll be putting on "ruby" slippers, clicking my heels together and saying "there's no place like home", anytime soon!!!!

Surely you jest. :o I am always on my best behavior and if some fat, rosy-cheeked old drunk doesn’t care to stop by this year, that is up to him. I don't care how jolly he is. I mean seriously, a red jumpsuit in Thailand?

If that is your best behavior I do not want to see your worst :rolleyes: