I Need An Airline Please From Isaan Area To Suvarnabhumi?

kunash

i am due to travel to bkk on monday by coach, and fly to the uk on tuesday.

if bkk floods, we will not be able to travel by coach.

i am looking for a back up plan.

if suvarnabhumi remains clear from floods, we can fly from isaan to the airport on monday / tuesday.

does anyone know an airline that flies to this airport from the isaan area?

bangkok air doesnt.

airasia flies to bkk ( not sure which airport ), from ubon

thanks

Ubon Ratchatani, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Nakon Phanom, Buriram.

Which is easiest for you to get to?

I know Ubon well and the current flight situation. Ubon has a good choice of times and some good deals - Nok Air (2 flights each way daily), Thai Airways (1 flight each way) and Air Asia (2 flights each way). Now that it has been announced today that Nok Air has transferred its flights to Suvarnabpum until around November 10th) all of these 5 flights are now landing in Suvarnabpum.

I have checked the Nok Air website this pm myself and their flights are bookable to Suvarnaanbhum already. A caution - it's difficult to book a return flight that goes to Suvarnabpum before 10 November and also comes back (from Don Meuang potentially) after 10 November - until they fix that you would have to make two separate bookings I guess

Check their websites. Nok Air can be very cheap for their (very) early flight and Thai is usually the most expensive - unless you want to take over 20kg of luggage, eat on the flight and choose a seat, in which case they are almost competitive.

Good luck

Edited by SantiSuk

thanks. i did some digging and found out air aisia flies to swampy, from ubon on tuesday, so that is ok.

problem is, we have left a suitcase at a hotel in bkk. we have planned to stay at this hotel monday night

i am thinking of asking the hotel to leave the suitcase at the airport for us. can swampy hold luggage for a few days??

no one knows what will happen with the flooding situation. but i dont think i can chance it and wait for monday, and hope the coach will take us. i have a wife and 2 kids to think of

or i could stay in a hotel near swamy, and ask the bkk hotel to leave the suitcase there. can anyone name a hotel which is connected to swampy pls? or very very very close to swampy and high up so it wont flood.

any help is appreciated. thanks

Ubon Ratchatani, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Nakon Phanom, Buriram.

Which is easiest for you to get to?

I know Ubon well and the current flight situation. Ubon has a good choice of times and some good deals - Nok Air (2 flights each way daily), Thai Airways (1 flight each way) and Air Asia (2 flights each way). Now that it has been announced today that Nok Air has transferred its flights to Suvarnabpum until around November 10th) all of these 5 flights are now landing in Suvarnabpum.

I have checked the Nok Air website this pm myself and their flights are bookable to Suvarnaanbhum already. A caution - it's difficult to book a return flight that goes to Suvarnabpum before 10 November and also comes back (from Don Meuang potentially) after 10 November - until they fix that you would have to make two separate bookings I guess

Check their websites. Nok Air can be very cheap for their (very) early flight and Thai is usually the most expensive - unless you want to take over 20kg of luggage, eat on the flight and choose a seat, in which case they are almost competitive.

Good luck

thanks. i didnt think of thai air. i can use them or air asia. ( i see thai air have a flight monday morning to swampy at 8am) we are all moving to the uk, so the trip is one way. and we will have 2 suitcases with us and 2 large bags (3rd suitcase in bkk ). these will weigh about 25-30kg i guess, each.

if we have to stay in ubon overnight, do you know a good hotel we can use. thanks - that is

(also a good hotel pls near swampy or connected pls )

Yes - you cannot use Nok Air from Ubon - Nok have imposed a temporary request that people travel with cabin bags only.

With that amount of luggage and if any of your kids are infants (under 2) you might find Thai Airways a better bet than Air Asia (who charge 600 baht for a 13kg 22 month old to sit on our laps).

There is a 'hotels near Swampy' thread on this forum. The only hotel that is connected to the airport and high level is the Novotel but that will cost you 5,000 baht and is probably full already, given the travel uncertainties. Many of the other hotels close to Swampy have free transfer minibuses but are lower level, so may be flooded by then. I have Used both Silver Garden and Convenience Resort and they are both fine for an in-transit overnighter.

Bit of a conundrum unless someone comes up with a hotel that is known to be higher up (I don't think there is one other than Novotel). There are left luggage facilities at Swampy (see below). Maybe you can pre-arrange with them that the hotel delivers and you collect and pay. Otherwise, arrange for them to deliver it to your hand on the day of your flight out and travel up from Ubon on that day.

Recommended hotels in Ubon and my guess at their likely approx cost (including one spare bed in your room) are:

Sunnee Grand: 2,000-2,500 baht: inc b/fast:: one of Ubon's few 5 stars - 5 minutes from the airport by taxi

Tohsang City Hotel: 1,500-1,750 baht inc b/fast: comfortable 4 star with smaller rooms than Sunnee; good breakfast buffet; 15 mins to airport by taxi

Phadaeng Mansion: 600-700 baht with free coffee and chinese donuts (only): basic 2* but new, clean and excellent value (cable TV choices OK and free wifi) 5 minutes to airport.

Extract re left luggage form some website (sorry cannot get rid of different fonts)

There are 2 left luggage counters at the Suvarnabhumi Airport Level 2 - Arrivals

The Left Luggage Counter is located on the Level 2 (Arrivals) - near the escalator - behind EXIT 4 area.

Level 4 - Departures

The Left Luggage Counter is located on the Level 4 (Departures) - near the entrance of Entrance 4.

Edited by SantiSuk

Yes - you cannot use Nok Air from Ubon - Nok have imposed a temporary request that people travel with cabin bags only.

With that amount of luggage and if any of your kids are infants (under 2) you might find Thai Airways a better bet than Air Asia (who charge 600 baht for a 13kg 22 month old to sit on our laps).

There is a 'hotels near Swampy' thread on this forum. The only hotel that is connected to the airport and high level is the Novotel but that will cost you 5,000 baht and is probably full already, given the travel uncertainties. Many of the other hotels close to Swampy have free transfer minibuses but are lower level, so may be flooded by then. I have Used both Silver Garden and Convenience Resort and they are both fine for an in-transit overnighter.

Bit of a conundrum unless someone comes up with a hotel that is known to be higher up (I don't think there is one other than Novotel). There are left luggage facilities at Swampy (see below). Maybe you can pre-arrange with them that the hotel delivers and you collect and pay. Otherwise, arrange for them to deliver it to your hand on the day of your flight out and travel up from Ubon on that day.

Recommended hotels in Ubon and my guess at their likely approx cost (including one spare bed in your room) are:

Sunnee Grand: 2,000-2,500 baht: inc b/fast:: one of Ubon's few 5 stars - 5 minutes from the airport by taxi

Tohsang City Hotel: 1,500-1,750 baht inc b/fast: comfortable 4 star with smaller rooms than Sunnee; good breakfast buffet; 15 mins to airport by taxi

Phadaeng Mansion: 600-700 baht with free coffee and chinese donuts (only): basic 2* but new, clean and excellent value (cable TV choices OK and free wifi) 5 minutes to airport.

Extract re left luggage form some website (sorry cannot get rid of different fonts)

There are 2 left luggage counters at the Suvarnabhumi Airport Level 2 - Arrivals

The Left Luggage Counter is located on the Level 2 (Arrivals) - near the escalator - behind EXIT 4 area.

Level 4 - Departures

The Left Luggage Counter is located on the Level 4 (Departures) - near the entrance of Entrance 4.

thanks for that info santisuk. you have actually given me an idea. i have now asked the hotel to put my suitcase on an NCA coach to surin. we will collect it this afternoon.

the sunee grand looks nice. thanks for taking time to reply

last sunday we called the reception of the great residence to make a reservation, but were told we couldn't get the car near the Hotel car park assumed it was water issues, used the Thong Ta instead which is close by and I assume a little higher since no water at the Thong Ta at that time, but a build up of water out on the main road before turning into the hotel (that was a week ago though), they also provide a pickup/dropoff service and nice clean but basic rooms with free wifi.

I use this hotel http://www.agoda.com...humi_hotel.html

600 baht and they pick you up, drop you off again.

It's less than 5 minutes from swampy, nice clean rooms, they make a note of your flight number the next day and wake you up in plenty of time to make the transfer.

sadly it is fully booked

• 2 weeks later...

last sunday we called the reception of the great residence to make a reservation, but were told we couldn't get the car near the Hotel car park assumed it was water issues, used the Thong Ta instead which is close by and I assume a little higher since no water at the Thong Ta at that time, but a build up of water out on the main road before turning into the hotel (that was a week ago though), they also provide a pickup/dropoff service and nice clean but basic rooms with free wifi.

I use this hotel http://www.agoda.com...humi_hotel.html

600 baht and they pick you up, drop you off again.

It's less than 5 minutes from swampy, nice clean rooms, they make a note of your flight number the next day and wake you up in plenty of time to make the transfer.

sadly it is fully booked

In normal times the great residence has water problems. I would hate to guess what it looks like now.

Edited by Fookhaht