Fill Out Short Survey About Mobile Phones, Proceeds Going To Flood Victims

j0rd

Last week before the floods my girlfriend got a job where she was to complete a survey about mobile phone usage in Bangkok. Unfortunately two days ago, our house near PATA in Arun Amarin got flooded. We've moved our things and headed over to another province to escape the water.

We decided it would be a good idea to donate some of the proceeds she'll get from completing the survey towards the flood relief efforts. We need 200 more to finish complete and she'll be sending ArsaDusit 3000 THB once it's complete.

Here's the link:

http://mobilequestions.mooo.com

The survey is short and the questions are easy and non-invasive, so if you can spare 2 minutes and fill it out, you'll be helping her out and donate some cash to flood relief. Sorry to post this, but we've got no other way to get it completed now.

---

As a warning to people still in Bangkok, if you see water starting to pool near your house and you have the means to leave, start preparing now. It really only takes 2-3 hours for the waters to rise 60cm and leaving after that isn't fun. Take it from someone who's already had to leave.

This is what my area looks like

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=J4rW-AgRedg

My soi is even worse hit.

Done, but had to laugh at this:

What do you use your cell phone for (check all that apply) / ท่านใช้โทรศัพท์ของท่านเพื่อจุดประสงค์ใด(สามารถเลือกได้ทุกข้อที่ถูกต้อง) *

Physical keyboard / แป้นพิมพ์์สัมผัสได้

Third-party apps I can run on the phone / แอพพลิเคชั่นในโทรศัพท์

Music player features / โปรแกรมเล่นเพลงต่างๆ

Maps and navigation features / แผนที่และเครื่องมือนำทางต่างๆ

Camera features / กล้องถ่ายรูป

SMS features / การส่งข้อความ

Payments and banking / การชำระเงินและระบบจัดการธนาคาร

Web surfing / ท่องเวปไซต์

What else do you use your cell phone for / ท่านใช้โทรศัพท์เพื่อจุดประสงค์อื่นนอกเหนือจากข้างบนหรือไม่ โปรดระบุ

Uh...... calling people!

Fill out the form, prepare your inbox for a lot of spam! It's just another angle for collecting email addresses for spamming different offers.The innocent gf has no idea she signed up people for so much spam from emailers.

Edited by steelepulse

Clearly not, I know how internet marketing works. No click is a free click and every time you enter an email address, you're going onto a harversters list, especially on calls to action such as a survey. Oldest trick in the book in internet marketing!

For most survey offers when someone enters an email address, you get about 40 baht.

Edited by steelepulse

Clearly not, I know how internet marketing works. No click is a free click and every time you enter an email address, you're going onto a harversters list, especially on calls to action such as a survey. Oldest trick in the book in internet marketing!

Doesn't ask for an email address.....

If no email adddress they capture the answers and sell them on. There's no such thing in the marketing world as having someone fill out a form and not getting anything out of it. That's for polls on Thai Visa and if said OP was so interested about said subject, he would have sent all punters to a poll created on thaivisa so they could harvest the info. Clue up or step out of the online marketing discussion.

If no email adddress they capture the answers and sell them on. There's no such thing in the marketing world as having someone fill out a form and not getting anything out of it. That's for polls on Thai Visa and if said OP was so interested about said subject, he would have sent all punters to a poll created on thaivisa so they could harvest the info. Clue up or step out of the online marketing discussion.

Do you seriously think a website address such as this is for non profit http://mobilequestions.mooo.com/ Have a look at mooo.com and ask yourself? Negative, this is a for profit situation all the way.I've seen scamsters like this on the internet for 15 years/

Or perhaps the OP's girlfriend has got a job for a company in the mobile phone business needing some market research done and this is how he's getting the forms filled out. Perhaps they're going to sell the info on. I don't much care. She's getting paid, and is donating the proceeds to flood victims.

I regularly fill in market research for the BBC on their website and BBC News 24. I get nothing out of it. Does that mean the BBC are going to spam me/sell info on? No.

Tin foil hats spring to mind.

Have a look at mooo.com and ask yourself? Negative, this is a for profit situation all the way.I've seen scamsters like this on the internet for 15 years/

Its a free DNS hosting site, based in the USA, . Which has been used to put up a survey. Probably chosen because it is free.

This person owns said domain. Is he really interested in the flood victiims? OF COURSE NOT, IT'S A SCAM AS MENTIONED ABOVE.

Registrant:

Socket Fire

8800 Sierra College Blvd

Apt 712

Roseville, CA 95661

US

Registrar: DOTSTER

Domain Name: MOOO.COM

Created on: 24-MAR-00

Expires on: 24-MAR-12

Last Updated on: 11-MAY-11

Edited by steelepulse

Or perhaps the OP's girlfriend has got a job for a company in the mobile phone business needing some market research done and this is how he's getting the forms filled out. Perhaps they're going to sell the info on. I don't much care. She's getting paid, and is donating the proceeds to flood victims.

I regularly fill in market research for the BBC on their website and BBC News 24. I get nothing out of it. Does that mean the BBC are going to spam me/sell info on? No.

Tin foil hats spring to mind.

Say no more, survey people fill in surveys because they have no income and get paid to fill out said surveys. It's pretty simple. Guess what, the BBC sells those surveys, please tell me you're not that naive to not realize that surveys are paid for by someone and you get promised something for filling out said survery. It's not a new tactic, it's just been taken digital and you've been duped.

Have a look at mooo.com and ask yourself? Negative, this is a for profit situation all the way.I've seen scamsters like this on the internet for 15 years/

Its a free DNS hosting site, based in the USA, . Which has been used to put up a survey. Probably chosen because it is free.

What better host to ask people for money than a free host, Seriously any legit organization would pay 300 baht for their own domain name.

so if no persoanl informiton is being taken, no email address is added, why is there such a fuss !!! , who cares if this info is sold on, if the person gets a few THB for getting them filled in and then donates the money, i really cannot see what the issue is here and why some people are getting there knickers in a twist

Guess what, the BBC sells those surveys

BBC Global Minds

This is like having a discussion with a drunk guy in a bar who knows the world will end in 2012. Thanks for your comments, I hope others on here will fill out the survey despite the above.

How does this lnk from the bbc have anything to do with a paid to collect survey for filling out a survey? I couldn't find the connection. I guess my 16 years of online marketing can't draw a conclusion.

You've got to be naive and ignorant of affiliate marketing if someone comes out with a random survey to benefit no one, yet targets a specific user group.

so if no persoanl informiton is being taken, no email address is added, why is there such a fuss !!! , who cares if this info is sold on, if the person gets a few THB for getting them filled in and then donates the money, i really cannot see what the issue is here and why some people are getting there knickers in a twist

Boater, I know you, yet you can't see how predators are taking advantage of this situation. I'm not happy with marketers taking advantage of the situation, and no one should be naive or ignorant of the predators that take advantage of situations like this. I've already received over 100 requests for donations and it was via a specific email for a specific offer that I submitted my email address ( ipod, iphone, free gas, etc. to give some examples). I'm just trying to inform those of you less informed of the bad people out there asking for money that will only go in their pockets.

Hey guys.

There's no malice in this and I'll post the bank statement of the sent money after she reaches her quota.

No I don't own the domain, it's a free service provided by http://freedns.afrai...nd_for_mooo.com

The survey is most likely to be used for marketing I assume, they're performing it in various countries including Thailand. Unfortunately, currently Thailand has a flood, but this isn't opportunistic, it's just bad timing.

She's getting paid for it (which will help us with our flood problems) and sending some of the money over to flood victims as well. Win win for a couple seconds of your time.

If there were no floods, she'd be doing it on the streets and keeping all the cash instead of donating any of it. We're not actually supposed to be doing it online, but I'm a programmer and spent 2 hours to put up the site. It seems like harassing people around a flooded PATA to fill out a survey would also be in bad taste. We've also had to evacuate out of Bangkok, since our house is flooded and the friends house we went to also flooded.

Thanks to all those who have submitted it so far. We're about 1/2 way there.

Edited by j0rd

Done, but had to laugh at this:

What else do you use your cell phone for / ท่านใช้โทรศัพท์เพื่อจุดประสงค์อื่นนอกเหนือจากข้างบนหรือไม่ โปรดระบุ

Uh...... calling people!

Ya, it's certainly not the best written survey that's for sure. Girlfriend laughed as this as well :)