Chang Export 100% Malt

MrRed

Had a couple of bottles of this new beer from Chang yesterday and have got to report it really is tasty and will have a good ex-pat market here in Thailand,As it says brewed from the finest imported malts for a smooth and distinctive taste,a great beer at 5% and around 45 baht a biggie at Makro and Big C.Just a heads up try it you will not be disappointed.

Try it and see what you think,love to here what people think of it my new preferred beer now,just hope the bars think the same and start stocking it! thumbsup.gifburp.gif

305462_206372329431676_100001767301995_447961_1453799157_n.jpg

294703_206381666097409_100001767301995_447980_2016475178_n.jpg

It actually tastes more like a beer as opposed to the other Chang lagers,with 100% malt being used you will taste it is very different to a lot of the same run of the mill lagers in Thailand.

To be honest i was also surprised when i tried it. wink.gif

It doesn't taste like Chang classic at all,and it sure is sweeter with the use of the imported malts,i don't think it is a session beer more of a 2/3 bottles and happy days.

I would say more like a Danish beer wink.gif heyyki

We were given a few cans to sample on Tuesday, they tasted great, so we went ahead and ordered 5 x cases. We received the first bottles yesterday afternoon and the bottled version tastes even better (not so gassy). We let both Thai and Western customers have a "blind" taste and they all liked it!. Whatever your views are about Chang, give the Export a try, it might not be to everyone's taste, but it is very good!

Great thanks for the heads up, another one to avoid if it tastes anything like the rest of their produce.

Unfortunately found it tasted like Singha after a couple, though if I only had the choice of the Thai beers this'd be it.

It doesn't taste like Chang classic at all,and it sure is sweeter with the use of the imported malts,i don't think it is a session beer more of a 2/3 bottles and happy days.

I would say more like a Danish beer wink.gif heyyki

Maybe they dusted off a copy of the Carlsberg recipe that just happened to be lying around. :whistling:

Probably kept the the yeast strain going as well. Will look out for a bottle.

Didn't know where to post this (as it's not flood related beer shortage news) well, only a little bit, or a 7/11 complaint!

13/11/11 Ta Phraya (no 7/11) 320km East of Bangkok, 50km north of Aranya Phratet (4 x 7/11). Situation normal, local reports of Singha shortage.

14/11/11 No Marlboro Silver (Ultra) or Singha in 7/11 Wattana Nakon. 150km later Makro- Chantaburi - NO SINGHA - picked up the last 2 cases of Tiger and 2 cases of Chang Export - to try! Plenty of (pallets & pallets) Leo, Chang, Archa, Cheers, spirits (Sang Som) etc.

14/11/11 8 packets of Marlboro Silver at the 7/11 just before the right hand turn to Laem Ngop. Ferry to Ko Chang had a fridge full of Singha cans (and the other beers).

14/11/11 Ko Chang - White Sand Beach - hotel had plenty of Singha (yai and lek kort) but did say there is limited supply? 7/11 had no small bottles or cans and the only beer left was a few large bottles of Archa, Cheers and Chang Export. Purchased a cold bottle of Chang Export and put in the fridge.

15/11/11 6.15am No further stocks of beer in the 7/11 - accidentally bought 3 packets of Marlboro Cool Mint, which I don't regret, as I don't need to brush my teeth any more! Had some gin & tonic and a massage.

16/11/11 Had a menthol cigarette and some egg and bacon on toast, and then had the Chang Export from the fridge! It's not Singha, but it's a decent tasting and very drinkable lager! The rest of the day was spent walking on the beach, having a massage, playing pool, eating seafood and drinking Singha from every outlet that still had some left!

17/11/11 2.00am 7/11 has ran out of all beer and SangSom - I was forced to buy Bacardi - that is bad and expensive!cool.gif

Thanks for detailed report Trevor biggrin.gif by next week you should be on the Lao Khao and smoking reefers then!!

You may be right - I'll keep you informed!

Breaking News Update: Still had small bottles of Singha to accompany my breakfast on Ko Chang!

I found it a couple of weeks back when rowing out from our Don Muang "canal".

The 7/11s all being closed, it was the only beer in our Mom 'n Pop store fridge.

Bought 6 bottles (out of hours hahaha!).

Must say it was a good drop - look forward to trying it without the accompanying waters around our house.

Thanks for detailed report Trevor biggrin.gif by next week you should be on the Lao Khao and smoking reefers then!!

Breaking News Update: Still had small bottles of Singha to accompany my breakfast on Ko Chang!

Brilliant. Carrying the torch!

Had a large Singha with lunch yesterday, no sign of Marlboro Silvers on Koh Chang or 3 7/11's on the 300km drive home (until Aranya Phratet) - smoking Gold and Menthol in the meantime.

Stopped at Makro in Chantaburi again, NO SINGHA, picked up another 1/2 dozen cases of large Chang Export (scooter a bit overloaded nowwhistling.gif)

Managed to get a carton of Marlboro Silvers in the 7/11 in Aranya Phratet and another 7 boxes from the 7/11 in the garage just outside!

Popped into a mates house in Kok Sung and drank 1/2 case of Chang Export with him - he's an Archa drinker and found the Export most palatable!

Back home now, 7 1/4 cases of Chang Export, 2 cases of Tiger, 16 boxes of Marlboro Silver, 2.5 Menthol and 5 Gold. Weekend sorted burp.gif- <deleted> knows what I'll do on Monday!sleepy.gif