Expats With Pets ( Cats ) In Phuket

Cyrus2Ray

Greetings everyone,

I would like to know if anyone living in Phuket can offer me some advice regarding finding a house to live anywhere on the island of Phuket with my 2 cats.

I have had lots of posts on Chiang Mai forums regarding my questions, but right now I am considering Phuket as a place to live as well.

If you need to know more details you can search and read my postings on CM forums.

I am willing to live anywhere as long as I can find a suitable house to live with my 2 cats.

I guess most tourists are trying to live close to the beach, so I imagine those areas are more expensive and have less vacant houses, however, as a long-term renter I am willing to live far away from touristy beach-side areas so hopefully I can find better deals and more choices in house rentals,....are my assumptions correct ??

Also, the most important issue is the safety of my cats :

like I said, I have had lots of Q & A on CM forums during the last year, so I am somehow familiar with the challenges of living in LOS as an expat with 2 cats, but not sure how Phuket may differ from CM in terms of the following :

1- Soi dogs, soi cats, snakes, centipedes, spiders, etc,

2- Landlords who do accept a tenant with 2 cats, willing to pay extra deposit if needed,

3- Areas that are safer than others in terms of my cat's safety, moo baans, gated communities, etc,

4- High-speed internet access availability at the house,

5- Real estate agencies, websites you recommend for finding long-term house rentals in Phuket,

I am not in Thailand yet, but am considering the move if I can make sure i can find a suitable house for myself and my 2 cats.

would be coming there for a year initially, and if I like it there, may be longer.

I would appreciate any guidance you may be able to provide.

Edited by Cyrus2Ray

i have a brand new 3br + office house and have a cat myself.. i am moving out in a few months so i definitely wouldn't mind someone with 2 cats. only 3 soi dogs and they're hurt and about to be taken care of..

i have 3bb premium old 3mbit plan (so less than 2000 per month), only 1 disconnection in 3months

so send me your email in private if you can wait a few months. its not a villa but the furniture is about a billion times 5 better than any thai rentals that isnt a villa.

Edited by thaiIand

If you are going away for a few months at the end of the high-season, then perhaps I could house-sit plus pay rent for those exact number of months, so the house will be ready for you whenever you want to come back to Phuket. This may be a win-win situation for both, and the fact that I am in no hurry, so I could come there when most everyone wants to take a vacation away from the Island.

Edited by Cyrus2Ray

Most places don't seem to mind cats. There is no carpet in any houses so it is really not an issue in my experience. However my cats are Thai cats.. they love the jungle and can handle themselves around dogs.

Lots of dogs and cats seem to co-habitate fine in THailand.

My cats like to play with snakes and sometime bring them in the house as well as giant geckos, lizards, bats, birds, frogs.

http://www.houseinphuket.com Welta has lots of low-end/mid range rentals.

http://www.siamrealestate.com more high end

However why not live in Chiang Mai if you don't care about the beach?

post-46666-0-87776800-1320036921_thumb.j

Edited by MisterMan

When I first moved to Phuket 5.5 years ago I brought 2 cats with me... never had an issue with housing, and have lived in Thai row houses, Thai bungalows, and expensive villas... my cats loved all of them and got on very well with all the local fauna. Kinda a non-issue IMHO.

That is encouraging to know, thanks for the comment.

my cats are mostly indoor cats, but sometimes they just want to go out and play, and come right back in once they are done playing.

have you had the same situation with yours ?

When I first moved to Phuket 5.5 years ago I brought 2 cats with me... never had an issue with housing, and have lived in Thai row houses, Thai bungalows, and expensive villas... my cats loved all of them and got on very well with all the local fauna. Kinda a non-issue IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

any problems with ticks or fleas in Phuket ?

cats / dogs that play in the yard sometimes.

Yes. Loads of ticks, some fleas too. Around my house there are also cobras and other snakes at times...

Edited by Jimi007