Bean Salad

tutsiwarrior

first get the pictured ingredients, available almost anywhere (use half the amount of string beans shown) and do the following:

- slice green beans diagonally and steam until less than crunchy;

- take a large bowl and then strain and wash the red kidneys and add to the green beans;

- wash the Ayam baked beans thoroughly to get rid of as much of the sugar and tomato sauce as possible then add to the bowl;

- finely chop a small, sweet red onion and add to the bowl, if desired add fresh garlic sparingly;

- add EV olive oil, salt and fresh ground black pepper and either lemons or limes, I found fresh lemons at the Suphan tescos!;

mix thoroughly and refrigerate...takes a few hours for the flavors to mix, toss a few times while chilling...

in these times of flooding and disaster there ain't no fresh bread and the bean salad makes up the craving for carbs nicely...

bon apetit...

post-3474-0-88007900-1320025248_thumb.jp

So many beans... There should not be a gas shortage in your area. :whistling:

hey, bend over and light one and die...I'm trine to save Thailand over here...:annoyed:

but, you may be right and a concerted effort directed upstream may be what's required to defeat impending doom...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

So many beans... There should not be a gas shortage in your area. :whistling:

hey, bend over and light one and die...I'm trine to save Thailand over here...:annoyed:

but, you may be right and a concerted effort directed upstream may be what's required to defeat impending doom...

heinz. make a three bean salad. 56 bath at tesco hat yai .james

Wash off the Ayam beans? Are you kidding? Just go soak some Haricots (available most farang style supermarkets, or if you're on Phuket Sin & Lee have them, along with dried Butterbeans), or, last resort, buy a tin of Borlotti and rinse those. Seriously?

Wash off the Ayam beans? Are you kidding? Just go soak some Haricots (available most farang style supermarkets, or if you're on Phuket Sin & Lee have them, along with dried Butterbeans), or, last resort, buy a tin of Borlotti and rinse those. Seriously?

the only canned or dried beans that I can get locally are red kidneys and Ayam baked beans and they taste OK in a bean salad when washed, still a bit sweetish...

I was proposing bean salad as an alternative to bread which you can't get around here for more than 2 weeks now...if you're near a western supermarket you can get plenty of bread, presumably, and bean salad in the deli section...

I'm speaking on behalf of the 'Nakhon Nowhere' brigade and our piteous isolation during the recent flooding...

plus, I think my photo is kinda nice...don't you?...fortitude in the midst of adversity, etc... :)

Edited by tutsiwarrior