Do I Need To Do A Visa Run?

Hi All,

I am getting conflicting advice and before I go off to immigration when the office opens. would like to ask your advice if I need to to a Visa run every 3 months or do 90 day reporting of my resident address.

The documents I currently have is the following -

2 year work permit that expires in 2013.

Non - immigrant "B" visa that expires in August 2012.

Passport stamp from immigration at Suvarnabhumi airport states "admitted until 6th November 2011" (nearly 3 months ago).

Valid passport.

I have a Thai registered limited company, all legal and above board with tax certificates etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

best regards

I appears you did a 90 day entry on a muli-entry visa. You need to do a border run, or perhaps apply for a one year extension of stay.

The work permit alone has nothing to do with your stay in Thailand, it permits work.

Edited by beechguy

I appears you did a 90 day entry on a muli-entry visa. You need to do a border run, or perhaps apply for a one year extension of stay.

The work permit alone has nothing to do with your stay in Thailand, it permits work.

Hi Beach guy,

Many thanks for your reply.

You are correct I did a visa run to Malaysia nearly 3 months ago.

I have a business in Thailand and obviously do not wish to do visa runs every 3 months as it disrupts my business.

What do I have to do to get a 1 year extension of stay?

best regards,

buddy.

You have to visit immigration with full company paperwork as used for work permit plus proof of your income at 50k per month (if from western country) plus tax records for the last year for company (which if new will not be available so a non-starter). Would advise checking with your immigration office for exact list of what they require.

You have to visit immigration with full company paperwork as used for work permit plus proof of your income at 50k per month (if from western country) plus tax records for the last year for company (which if new will not be available so a non-starter). Would advise checking with your immigration office for exact list of what they require.

Thanks Lopburi3,

Looks like a visa run then as the company tax records do not cover a year yet.

Thanks all who contributed.

best regards

buddy.