Register A Business In A Different Province?

Ok, if I have a business name registered in Chonburi province, and I want to buy a house and land in Udon Thani province........do I have to register a business in Udon Thani?

My attorney in chonburi says I can have him go to Udon and transfer the biz name to the Udon registry. (for 12,500 bt) Does this sound right?

Ok, if I have a business name registered in Chonburi province, and I want to buy a house and land in Udon Thani province........do I have to register a business in Udon Thani?

My attorney in chonburi says I can have him go to Udon and transfer the biz name to the Udon registry. (for 12,500 bt) Does this sound right?

Surely only a change of address is required. I have seen quotes from lawyers at under 3000 baht. Ask for a couple of quotes.

Thanks for the quick replys,

does this alternative sound OK? My falang friend from my home town is married to a Thai, and could possibly help.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=283078

Forming a company to own a house is NOT a good idea.

You will have to pay some kind of corporate tax every year, or at least do accounts. This will bring you under the eyes of the authorities. Also, the government has talked about cracking down on companies whos sole purpose in being formed is to own a house. If you have a legitimate business, it is still not a good idea to register the house in the company. If the company goes bust, the house will be considered part of the company and can be sold to repay company debts.The best way for a foreigner to "own" a house here is to register it in a Thai name and take out a thirty year lease in your own name. Make sure the lease is registered at the land office and notated on back of the land paper. That way, the land paper cannot be used as collateral against a loan.

Thanks for the  quick replys,

does this alternative sound OK?  My falang friend from my home town is married to a Thai, and could possibly help.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=283078

Forming a company to own a house is NOT a good idea.

You will have to pay some kind of corporate tax every year, or at least do accounts. This will bring you under the eyes of the authorities. Also, the government has talked about cracking down on companies whos sole purpose in being formed is to own a house. If you have a legitimate business, it is still not a good idea to register the house in the company. If the company goes bust, the house will be considered part of the company and can be sold to repay company debts.The best way for a foreigner to "own" a house here is to register it in a Thai name and take out a thirty year lease in your own name. Make sure the lease is registered at the land office and notated on back of the land paper. That way, the land paper cannot be used as collateral against a loan.

I personally favour the purchase/ lease system, but it depends on your position, the value of the property, and if you are currently in a stable relationship. It's a personal choice as there are pitfalls with everything regarding land in Thailand.