Thai Embassy Opens Hotline For Abused Wives: Sweden

webfact

Sweden: Thai embassy opens hotline for abused wives

The abuse and ill-treatment of women from abroad who come to Sweden because of a relationship with a Swedish man is seen as a growing problem here. Now, the Thai Embassy in Stockholm has opened a telephone hotline to help women who have been violently abused by their partners.

The country with the highest percentage of women who come to Sweden to stay with a man is Thailand, and the Thai Embassy in Stockholm has now opened a hotline for women in distress to give help and support.

"We have a phone here within office hours and we have another emergency line open 24 hours for Thai citizens, so when the woman in distress calls us, we will offer advice," said Ambassador secretary Naruchai Ninnad to Swedish National Radio.

Eva Eriksson , the Governor of Värmland, where it's a particular problem, has been given a mandate by the government to analyse and examine the extent of violence and threats faced by around 600 of these foreign women and children who contacted women's shelter groups last year.

"We can see that it's a big problem now and I would like the Swedish embassies in foreign countries such as Thailand, to inform women about their rights in countries such as Sweden, and make sure they are aware about what is going on here."

Meanwhile, Sweden's tax authorities and police have been targeting Thai massage parlours for sex trafficking and tax evasion, they admit sex trafficking can be difficult to prove. There are an estimated 190 Thai massage parlours in the Swedish capital alone.

Source: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news_id=9754&coun_code=se

-- scandasia.com 2011-11-01

footer_n.gif

opps....touched a raw nerve there lad. Having watched TV years, with people bitching about "Thai women"..... i would say 95 in 100 starts with " i met this girl in a bar".

I bet a large majority of falangs have never met as or dated a non-bar "Thai women".

Edited by skippybangkok

I think that is one of the most insensitive, stupid, uninformed post that I have read for a long time. There are MANY MANY relationships between farangs and bar girls that are totally successful , just as there are MANY MANY relationships between farangs and Thai women from so called 'decent backgrounds' that are a total disaster.

Other than the word stupid I have to agree that using a big brush to label a segment of the population

does not create a better world. As with any group there are the good and bad. Good relationships and

bad relationships in every segment of the population all over the world. With out these relationships

there would be a lot less chance that families could keep their heads above water, kids could go to

school and the old people working in the fields.

I have no doubt that there probably are abused Thai women in Sweden, but on a percentage basis i would bet a lot less than there are abused Thai women in Thailand married to Thai men.

The problem i see with these kind of initiatives is that they invite "abuse" by the so called abused, and don't all the feminist, anti men groups love to jump on the bandwagon

I thought Swedish women were supposed to be the most beautiful and sexually liberated in the world. So much for that reputation.

If there is 190 Thai massage parlors in Sweden that would explain why so many old farang are marrying hookers and taking them to Sweden and closeby Germany.

Farangs who marry bar girls are incredibly ignorant. Most of these girls have Thai husbands ,boyfriends and children to support throughout the sham marriage to old man farang.

Its too easy getting married in thailand. the thai government loves the farang for it !!!

Thailands defacto social welfare system...OLD MAN FARANG IN LOVE.

Edited by jalansanitwong

opps....touched a raw nerve there lad. Having watched TV years, with people bitching about "Thai women"..... i would say 95 in 100 starts with " i met this girl in a bar".

I bet a large majority of falangs have never met as or dated a non-bar "Thai women".

I have and still do.

I have and still do.

I haven't and still don't.

Edited by hanuman1

I have and still do.

I don't want to and never will.

I have and still do.

I don't want to and never will.

I dont care...everyone to their own.

"The country with the highest percentage of women who come to Sweden to stay with a man is Thailand" ???

Could this mean: "Amongst foreign women who come to Sweden to live with a Swedish man, Thai women are the most numerous"?

I think so, therefore ScandAsia needs to think and write more clearly.

I guess it is news to you folks that Swedish men take Thai women to Sweden to open up massage parlors. Big bucks in Sweden. Big bucks from Germans coming across the border too.

Perhaps a Swede could explain. I have forgotten because it was 3 or 4 years ago that a Swedish national explained it to me. There is something in Swedish immigration law that makes this very easy to do. I think it also works in Denmark but I'm not sure.

For some reason it does not work well in the US or UK.

I thought Swedish women were supposed to be the most beautiful and sexually liberated in the world. So much for that reputation.

If there is 190 Thai massage parlors in Sweden that would explain why so many old farang are marrying hookers and taking them to Sweden and closeby Germany.

Farangs who marry bar girls are incredibly ignorant. Most of these girls have Thai husbands ,boyfriends and children to support throughout the sham marriage to old man farang.

Its too easy getting married in thailand. the thai government loves the farang for it !!!

Thailands defacto social welfare system...OLD MAN FARANG IN LOVE.

There's a small point in your post that seems to be at odds with itself. You seem to be writing that the Thai ladies brought back to Sweden are primarily afforded this voyage because of business reasons, and then you seem to indicate that the men involved are ignorant and "old farang." So I'm just wondering, are these husbands ignorant, deceived, poor saps or cunning and heartless con men/business people? Or do you think they are both simultaneously? I'm just trying to understand.

For many years I reckoned that about 5% of 'bar' girls were OK for long term relationship then a friend corrected me and said about 1% of the 5% would be a more accurate figure. After a few more years I agreed he was right, having learn't the hard way. Now my long time partner was not a 'bar girl' and even pays her own way, a miracle but it can happen just takes time finding the right one and not in bars. Also having lived and worked in Sweden I can understand Thai ladies having problems with the men there, mind you the Swedish ladies can leave a lot to desire, must be something to do with the long nights and short days, too much time on their hands.

What about a hotline in Thailand from respective embassies for 'abused farang'?

Ha ha Thats what I was thinking...........Yes Consul, I would like to have your advice on my wife throwing me out of the house I built and paid for, also she cleaned out the joint bank account of 1 million baht plus I now know that her Thai brother who lived with us was really her husband.........What is your advice????? ha ha halaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You really should have used the lines you asked to use in 23 threads. You know the ones about opening your mouth and remove all doubts about your knowledge? In this case about Thai women in Sweden you are misinformed, ignorant and impolite. Most of the Thais who come to Sweden are not exbg. And the men inviting them there, do not know the implications, have no idea about different cultures and can barely speak basic English never mind Thai.

Oh you are just being mean! I am sure most of the Thai women in Sweden are not abused and this thread is not about them.

This thread is about abused Thai women going to the Thai embassy for help.

What I am suggesting is that most of the Thai women that are abused are abused by not getting 100% of the money they work for in massage places in Sweden.

My scenario would be one of the officials has a mia noi who is a pro and mentioned to him her friends were having a problem collecting 100% of the cash so the guy set up a hot line.

If they know about 190 Thai massage places then there are probably twice that number that they don't know about. Figure about 3000 Thai hookers working massage in Sweden. Freelancers? I don't know but I would think an equal amount. That's 6000 Thai ladies in the business and there are certainly abuses happening in that kind of trade.

Edited by metisdead
Previously deleted posts edited from post.

Posts using inappropriate language making derogatory slurs toward women have been removed as well as posts replying to those posts.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

Now, the Thai Embassy in Stockholm has opened a telephone hotline to help women who have been violently abused by their partners

How can someone be against a project that has the purpose to help win the fight against "political correct" slavery.

No living being should be loosing the freedom to decide for its own body.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

I guess it is news to you folks that Swedish men take Thai women to Sweden to open up massage parlors. Big bucks in Sweden. Big bucks from Germans coming across the border too.

Perhaps a Swede could explain. I have forgotten because it was 3 or 4 years ago that a Swedish national explained it to me. There is something in Swedish immigration law that makes this very easy to do. I think it also works in Denmark but I'm not sure.

True statment made here.I am surprised at how easy it seems for a thai girlfriend of a swedish,german,norweigan or even australian national to get a visa to go to their respective countries.The usa and canada seem to have air tight visa rules regarding this.Even more so then the UK.And i think their rules are quite strict

i doubt the accuracy of this report that thai women topped the list of imported wives to sweden. a newspaper report not so long ago stated that there were more russian women and filipinas who came to sweden to live with swedish men, although a sudden wave of thai women marrying swedish men might have happened lately. who knows? but interestingly enough only thai women seem to have this unique problem :rolleyes:

Edited by josuede

cbc states:

True statment made here.I am surprised at how easy it seems for a thai girlfriend of a swedish,german,norweigan or even australian national to get a visa to go to their respective countries.The usa and canada seem to have air tight visa rules regarding this.Even more so then the UK.And i think their rules are quite strict

Are you kidding me i am Australian and my Thai wife and son wanted to go to Australia for a holiday and i can tell you it was no easy task to get the visa s

and we are currently awaiting their spouse visa and we were told at least 12 months for that.

Easy yeah right

I wish it was but the Australian embassy is very strict as they should be!!

Well i don't know about the massage parlours,but according to the UK Office of National Statistics,stated in 2009,the UK had 35,000 Thais living there,more than any other Country in the World!

http://en.wikipedia...._United_Kingdom

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

Stockholm syndrome obviously not working.

LOL one of the betters for the week.

This law is just in time for the winter depression season.

I think the lack of sunshine, close quarters,

and prevalence of melatonin/vitamin D, deficiency depression for both

put both the Thai lady used to warmth and outdoor living,

and the Swedish gent, on the outs easier than many other scenarios.

Not needing to be married to a bar girl to feel trapped when

things freak her out as being 'just so far from her experience'

and preferences, that she deals with it poorly.

Takes a season or so to adapt if that is even posible.

Swedish immigration regulations are fairly liberal compared to many other countries.

It sounds doubtful to me that there should be a significant influx of Germans in Sweden to sample Thai massage.

Its quite a distance.

Would be much easier for Germans to go to Denmark, plenty of Thai massage shops in Denmark, and in Germany for that matter.

Also, hanky panky in massage shops is illegal in Sweden, not so in Denmark (not in Germany either I believe).

I think that is one of the most insensitive, stupid, uninformed post that I have read for a long time. There are MANY MANY relationships between farangs and bar girls that are totally successful , just as there are MANY MANY relationships between farangs and Thai women from so called 'decent backgrounds' that are a total disaster.

Other than the word stupid I have to agree that using a big brush to label a segment of the population

does not create a better world. As with any group there are the good and bad. Good relationships and

bad relationships in every segment of the population all over the world. With out these relationships

there would be a lot less chance that families could keep their heads above water, kids could go to

school and the old people working in the fields.

I`m going out with a bargirl, but she`s different from all the others.

190 Thai massage shops (if thats even true) does not mean that all those are actually Thai or have Thai people working there. Or even that they all offer extras. There is a big market in Sweden for normal massage and Swedes do train in Thailand in massage

Good the embassy opened a hotline for those who are abused. Although I bet more often it's the man who needs help with a wife who married him so she could whore in Europe behind his back.

I have, she worked in Real Estate and now works for Khirin Travel. Not all Thai woman are bar girls.