What Would Be A Good Car To Buy With The (Up To) 100,000 Baht Tax Refund?

submaniac

With the new legislation with up to 100,000 baht back on car purchases, I am debating purchasing a car. I spend most of my time in the U.S. so this would be an occasionally use kind of thing. I was interested in the best value between purchase price and rebate. Was thinking of either the Nissan March or Honda Brios. Would like a truck but they're significantly more expensive. What would be everyone's thoughts?

remember car purchases for first time owners only, and was only upto 1.6.

Must be registered to a Thai or a person with PR.

There was a list on here under the main topic about this discount, someone calculated all the prices, and

it listed the cars that you could purchase.

do you qualify?

Thai ID card

Tabien baan

1st car registered in your name

Honda, Q3 2012 delivery it looks like, if ordering now

Mazda 2, available, 570k baht gets you good spec with auto, and refund is full 100k baht

Toyota Vios/Yaris, dated and factories presently closed

Toyota were messing my MIL around for ages, was a purchase in my wifes name to claim the Tax refund, however she got pee'd off with them and cancelled.

Did you get the refund anywhere else ? haven't seen anything lately that the government have actually worked the legislation out yet, are they still floating the idea?

We visited so many Honda, Mazda, Toyota and Nissan dealers that I had to actually keep a journal to remember the details. We accidentally stumbled upon a Nissan dealer on the North end of Phahon Yothin past the Royal Thai Air Force. My wife and I were treated with kindness and respect by Siam Nissan Mahanakorn near Phahon Yothin 25. May, the salesperson, along with the Finance Manager, Sukit, and Nok, the Bank Representative did there absolute best to speak clear and understandable English. (They did not, I repeat they did not, play the speak Thai to her and English to him game.)

I made it clear to them we only wanted the least expensive Nissan March model with manual transmission. We were told by every dealer it would take more than one month but they could not be sure. After having this same conversation with May on Sunday she looked me in the eye and said no problem. We can have the car two days after your finance is approved with the bank. She said that would be Wednesday and the car will be ready Friday at 17:00. We get a call from May on Wednesday saying that everything is approved and the car will be ready at 15:00, not 17:00, on Friday.

We arrive at 15:00 on Friday as planned. The car was ready and waiting for us in the staging area. May, the salesperson, and Raywat, the Service Manager, spoke English to us and went over every detail about the car, the warranty and the maintenance schedule. They made sure both my wife and I understand everything. They even asked permission to explain a couple of things in Thai to my wife that she did not fully understand.

We can whole heartedly recommend May and the guys at Siam Nissan Mahanakorn. I will keep you posted on our future experiences with the service team.

Edited by drdaveperry

We visited so many Honda, Mazda, Toyota and Nissan dealers that I had to actually keep a journal to remember the details. We accidentally stumbled upon a Nissan dealer on the North end of Phahon Yothin past the Royal Thai Air Force. My wife and I were treated with kindness and respect by Siam Nissan Mahanakorn near Phahon Yothin 25. May, the salesperson, along with the Finance Manager, Sukit, and Nok, the Bank Representative did there absolute best to speak clear and understandable English. (They did not, I repeat they did not, play the speak Thai to her and English to him game.)

I made it clear to them we only wanted the least expensive Nissan March model with manual transmission. We were told by every dealer it would take more than one month but they could not be sure. After having this same conversation with May on Sunday she looked me in the eye and said no problem. We can have the car two days after your finance is approved with the bank. She said that would be Wednesday and the car will be ready Friday at 17:00. We get a call from May on Wednesday saying that everything is approved and the car will be ready at 15:00, not 17:00, on Friday.

We arrive at 15:00 on Friday as planned. The car was ready and waiting for us in the staging area. May, the salesperson, and Raywat, the Service Manager, spoke English to us and went over every detail about the car, the warranty and the maintenance schedule. They made sure both my wife and I understand everything. They even asked permission to explain a couple of things in Thai to my wife that she did not fully understand.

We can whole heartedly recommend May and the guys at Siam Nissan Mahanakorn. I will keep you posted on our future experiences with the service team.

Can you tell us which model you bought (base model??) and for how much?

Glad to hear some farangs are getting some decent sales service.

I have heard so many complaints.

do you qualify?

Thai ID card

Tabien baan

Mazda 2, available, 570k baht gets you good spec with auto, and refund is full 100k baht

you mean order HONDA any model now,Q3 2012 delivery?

do you qualify?

Thai ID card

Tabien baan

yep, they went public today stating closed for 6 months, and the wait before closing was 3 months. 100.000 units in TH will not be made during those 6 months, and Hondas production in Malaysia and Indonesia also shut down due to lack of TH made parts

The workers have been granted WP and Visa to Japan to work for Honda there

do you qualify?

Thai ID card

Tabien baan

There's been no Honda production for weeks now, and production isn't expected to resume for 6 months. So unless you find the Honda you want in-stock, Q3 2012 delivery might even be optimistic.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

do you qualify?

Thai ID card

Tabien baan

There's been no Honda production for weeks now, and production isn't expected to resume for 6 months. So unless you find the Honda you want in-stock, Q3 2012 delivery might even be optimistic.

oh no...the model i want first choice is JAZZ,second is CITY :jap:

Edited by tommyuk77

9 days ago, I ordered a new toyota vios E from a Toyota dealer in Sri Racha. Actually, I wanted to order from the pattaya dealer, but did not get any freebies an no insurance from there, so I decided to buy from Sri Racha, with free insurance for 1 year and some minor options.

I have been told that the delivery will be around december 31, what is ok for me, because I do not need the car earlier.

I think the new vios is a very nice car, and still a little bigger than March and Brios, and finally in the same price range. I wanted a trunk in which I can load 2 golf bags and where you have a bit more room on the back seats. However, March and Brios are nicely designed cars and good value.

I think the new vios is a very nice car, and still a little bigger than March and Brios, and finally in the same price range. I wanted a trunk in which I can load 2 golf bags and where you have a bit more room on the back seats. However, March and Brios are nicely designed cars and good value.

Did you look at the Nissan Almera?

Maybe worthwhile keeping in mind if that delivery date on the VIOS increases faster than your patience ;)

Did not look so far, but could in fact be worth it, if delivery gets late.

That and your freebies go out of the window if you wan't delivery sooner rather than later ;) . Can't see the freebie angle anymore if theres no cars, it will be full price sign here , you want freebies ? next please .

"...and was only upto 1.6."

Beano

Up to, but not including 1.6? Or did they finally approve 1.6 models?

up to 1500cc and Thai made cars

Thai made pickups up to 3250cc, but only 4 doors have any substantial excicetax to be refunded

I notice that the Kia Picanto (imported) is now on the rebate list: http://www.excise.go...rist_181054.pdf

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Beano

Thai made pickups up to 3250cc, but only 4 doors have any substantial excicetax to be refunded

I notice that the Kia Picanto (imported) is now on the rebate list: http://www.excise.go...rist_181054.pdf

So if Fords were still distributed by Yontrakit i"m sure the Fiesta 1.6 would be in ;)

Beano

Nice car, but shame it doesn't have abs or airbags in the Thai model...

I called the number given for this dealership and I received a message that the number was not in service. Closed due to the floods?

The Nissan dealership in Pattaya told me the wait for a new car, March and Almera, would be a least three months. Very surprised to hear that this dealership can deliver this car in two days. Any idea why this dealship has cars and the other Nissan dealerships have no cars?

I'm looking to buy a base March as well. Would you mind saying what you paid for the car, with any freebies ? insurance etc.