Lower North-East Sisaket And Ubon Ratchathani

sirchai

Hello, blink.gif

I was just thinking, after living in this area for almost 10 years, that we should have a forum especially for the Sisaket/Ubon area. I settled down many years ago and I've seen Sisaket booming.

The Immigration from Phusing comes to Sisaket's police station every Monday and friday, which makes visa issues easier, also 90 days registrations.

When I started to work in Ubion Ratchathani, I've also realized that there's something wrong with the foreign community. After looking for some 'cool' places there, I gave up and I drink my beer -again- at a Thai place. Foreign food is just expensive and not really consumable to me.

Well, guess there're so many topics where we could share our experiences, knowledge and some tips. It goes on and on and on, like where's a good place in Sisaket to get your car properly fixed?

Please just give it a chance, you might find your ( 1st, or 4th? ) love in Sisaket, or Ubon Ratchathani soon.

Please do not hesitate to come up with something interesting. Like a Ghost story from wife's village? Cheers- M. jap.gif

post-108180-0-85542200-1320210895_thumb.

Someone recently told me Immigration is full service Monday through Friday behind the Sisaket police station...?

The Sisaket town immigration office is open on Monday and Friday only (exc. bank hols). Yes, it is in the police stn compound.

There's a "biker week" on the 26th in Sisaket. Do not hesitate to drive your 'rice cooker' to Sisaket......jap.gif

Here's a link of some hotels in Sisaket, cheap and good...........http://www.hotels2th...aket-hotels.asp

post-108180-0-14238400-1320313566_thumb.

post-108180-0-67072200-1320313658_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

• 2 weeks later...

Someone recently told me Immigration is full service Monday through Friday behind the Sisaket police station...?

Sisaket Immigration service ( on Mondays and Fridays!) has moved from the police station to the 226 after the Big-C. ( direction Surin)

Will post a map soon. :jap:

Sisaket Immigration service ( on Mondays and Fridays!) has moved from the police station to the 226 after the Big-C. ( direction Surin)

Will post a map soon. :jap:

Thank you for the important update!

I went past a building on the ring road on Sunday that described itself as SiSaket Immigration Office. If that's the new one then just to further clarify Sirchai's directions it's between the Khu Khan and Surin junctions of the East South Eastern section of the Ring Road, not far from where the railway line cuts accross the Ring Road (from the best of memory). If you were coming from Big C and going towards Surin you would need to turn left (south) onto the Ring Road, signposted - confusingly - to Ubon

I went past a building on the ring road on Sunday that described itself as SiSaket Immigration Office. If that's the new one then just to further clarify Sirchai's directions it's between the Khu Khan and Surin junctions of the East South Eastern section of the Ring Road, not far from where the railway line cuts accross the Ring Road (from the best of memory). If you were coming from Big C and going towards Surin you would need to turn left (south) onto the Ring Road, signposted - confusingly - to Ubon

I found the map from the Immigration, I guess they were trying to make it easier for people who are not so familiar with Sisaket's streets.

jap.gif

post-108180-0-29852500-1321791203_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

I found the map from the Immigration, I guess they were trying to make it easier for people who are not so familiar with Sisaket's streets.

jap.gif

That is the worst quality map in the world. Was the source any better?

• 2 weeks later...

jap.gif

new map attached.

post-49706-0-84204200-1322796369_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

Much better map Gosompoi.

Has anyone used the new Surin office yet? Monday and Friday opening confirmed? I need to renew my driving license and Kantharalak driving license office is still directing me to go all the way to Phusing to get a confirmation of address letter (but I would not rely on them to be up to date).

Has anyone used the new Surin office yet? Monday and Friday opening confirmed? I need to renew my driving license and Kantharalak driving license office is still directing me to go all the way to Phusing to get a confirmation of address letter (but I would not rely on them to be up to date).

The Sisaket office is still open Monday and Friday.

I see there have been nefarious goings on in Thai football in the two cities (though probably not something that interests many). Sisaket FC in the TPL have moved to Ubon and are now Isan United. Sisaket has a new team called Sisaket United, which has to start in a regional league. Local politics seem to have been involved.

http://www.thai-fussball.com/en/News-Sisaket-FC-on-a-forced-move-to-Ubon-item-277.html

Thanks (and for spotting the wrong reference to Surin).

Guess I'll have to go there to find out whether they are 'full service'. The English language version of Thai Immigration's website still shows hours of 08:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday (and no address or telephone number); presumably they haven't had time to change the web-site yet; we know how busy they are! Will get wife to check out Thai version first.

Edited by SantiSuk

Thanks (and for spotting the wrong reference to Surin).

Guess I'll have to go there to find out whether they are 'full service'.The English language version of Thai Immigration's website still shows hours of 08:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday (and no address or telephone number); presumably they haven't had time to change the web-site yet; we know how busy they are! Will get wife to check out Thai version first.

Yes - they do hand out residence letters in Meuang SiSaket Immigration Office. I eventually went to Phusing since I was on my way to Bangkok, but there was a friendly immigration lady (tortology?) there who works at both.

Would have helped if I had remembered that they need passport photos for those letters. Guess I'll call agian on the way back! Hours are 08:30 to 16:30 at SiSaket. Same at Phusing but 5 days a week there.

Edited by SantiSuk