Transexuals (Female To Male)

RickThai

My wife and I were discussing a well-known transexual (Chasity Bono), and I asked her if she thought of Bono as a he or a she.

At first she said she thought of Bono as a man. I questioned her if she would feel comfortable with Bono using a public Ladies Bathroom and she said "Sure" Why not?"

I then asked her if she felt comfortable with other "men" using the ladies bathroom and she replied, "Of course not, men should use their own bathroom".

Seemed rather contradictory to me but I knew enough (smile) not to mention the contradiction.

So my question to the ladies of TV is:

Do you think of a Transexual (female-to-male) as a real male or something between a male and female, or still a female?

My own thoughts are that I could whack off my weiner and I'd still be a man (albiet a mutilated one).

To be clear, I am not trolling for either condemnations or support for sex-changes, just what you really feel about the gender of a person who undergoes surgically-assisted sex change.

Just curious.

RickThai

I would say if someone decides to change gender then they should follow the rules of that gender re bathrooms etc. Im not sure I would be happy dating a female to male transsexual though but that is more to do with the equipment, lol

I think most people if they are honest would always view the person as what they originally were even if they were accepting of the change. Its pretty hard to "forget" what has already been.

I have a friend who is transgender. She always felt like a woman and just needed the op to become one. I consider her a woman. I wouldn't care if she used the woman's toilet.

The thing is, transgender people don't feel like the sex they were born with, so while you feel like a man, they do not.

I would say if someone decides to change gender then they should follow the rules of that gender re bathrooms etc. Im not sure I would be happy dating a female to male transsexual though but that is more to do with the equipment, lol

I think most people if they are honest would always view the person as what they originally were even if they were accepting of the change. Its pretty hard to "forget" what has already been.

--------------------

:whistling:

I promise I'll try to be as careful about this as I can.

The scientific evidence, though still controversial, supports the following:

ALL human embreyos until about approximately 9 weeks after conception are called "undertermined" (there's a technical medical term for that, but I can't remember it).

They have both sets of immature sexual organs...male and female.

That's why when the mother asks..is it a boy or girl...the doctor may say...we can't tell yet.

At about 9 weeks one set of genital organs begins to develop.

If the embreyo is to become a male the male organs begin to grow and the female remain undevloped.

This is determined by the effects of the male hormones at that point in the embreyos development.

If the male hormones are expressed, the embreyo will be a male.

If they are not the embreyo will be a female.

If you want to look at it that way, the baseline of all human embreyos is a female...only some are converted into a male.

Sorry, guys...that's a fact.

It used to be thought that the male hormone only caused the PHYSICAL symbols of being a male (i.e. genital).

Only in the last 10 years or so has it been realised that there are also MENTAL changes caused at the same time as those PHYSICAL changes.

Now CAT scans have shown that the male hormones also cause growth in certain brain areas in male embreyos and not similar female embreyos.

In other words it looks like the developing embreyo's brain is being quietly programmed to be a male, and females are not programmed that way.

That point is still controversial however.

There is now a theory called "incomplete masculization" which states that in some individuals the process of becoming a male is not completed...for many possible reasons.

If this theory were true it could lead to:

1. Some males who appear to be males physically, but mentally "feel" female and

2. Some females who appear to be female physically but mentally "feel" male.

As I said this is still controversial and unproven.

Just wanted to make the latest science known to everyone.

Just to be clear, I'm a male...and happy to be one.

:D

Hope nobody was too ofended.

That is actually very interesting & I would agree from a laymans understanding that this is all decided in the womb, that's why when someone claims being gay or having gender confusion is a lifestyle choice it winds me up.

It isn't a choice, it is just who they are, just as I know I am a women & have no desire to be anything else, they too know who they are, it's just sometimes the external doesn't match what they know & feel inside. :(

In general I consider transexuals as a third sexe.

If the transsexual (or even travesty) feel more comfortable in a ladies' bathroom, I don't mind sharing.

I had a friend who was born an Italian, but left Italy because he felt more a she and the Italian culture is not very open to this. She was really a girl in her moves, thoughts and feelings. Even with her Adam's apple and large hands I considered her a girl.

Transsexuals and travesties as friends OK, but I couldn't be romantically involved with them. I like to keep things simple smile.gif

Edited by Femme

I have a friend who is transgender. She always felt like a woman and just needed the op to become one. I consider her a woman. I wouldn't care if she used the woman's toilet.

The thing is, transgender people don't feel like the sex they were born with, so while you feel like a man, they do not.

I would think that your friend is more a transsexual person - a person who was born in the wrong body. And after the gender adjusting surgery, she probably would not any more see herself as transsexual / transgender, but as woman, right? Transgender is by definition somebody who switches the social gender (i.e. man lives as woman), but does not really seek gender adjustment. Crossdresser finally are people who like to wear the other genders clothes, but mostly for fun / sexual excitement.

Personally, for transsexual / transgender people, I do not at all mind them using the bathrooms of the chosen gender and i would assume that now Mr. Bono will use the men's bathroom... On the other side, Î always see ladyboys in Thailand using the women's bathrooms...

I would think that your friend is more a transsexual person - a person who was born in the wrong body. And after the gender adjusting surgery, she probably would not any more see herself as transsexual / transgender, but as woman, right? Transgender is by definition somebody who switches the social gender (i.e. man lives as woman), but does not really seek gender adjustment. Crossdresser finally are people who like to wear the other genders clothes, but mostly for fun / sexual excitement.

Personally, for transsexual / transgender people, I do not at all mind them using the bathrooms of the chosen gender and i would assume that now Mr. Bono will use the men's bathroom... On the other side, Î always see ladyboys in Thailand using the women's bathrooms...

The more the merrier! biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

--------------------

:whistling:

I promise I'll try to be as careful about this as I can.

The scientific evidence, though still controversial, supports the following:

ALL human embreyos until about approximately 9 weeks after conception are called "undertermined" (there's a technical medical term for that, but I can't remember it).

They have both sets of immature sexual organs...male and female.

That's why when the mother asks..is it a boy or girl...the doctor may say...we can't tell yet.

At about 9 weeks one set of genital organs begins to develop.

If the embreyo is to become a male the male organs begin to grow and the female remain undevloped.

This is determined by the effects of the male hormones at that point in the embreyos development.

If the male hormones are expressed, the embreyo will be a male.

If they are not the embreyo will be a female.

If you want to look at it that way, the baseline of all human embreyos is a female...only some are converted into a male.

Sorry, guys...that's a fact.

It's a fact in terms of the development of sexual organs, but *typically* (See language note below) the person's gender is established instantly at conception, through receiving either an X or a Y chromosome. It's not even limited to sexual organs; female humans have one rib less than males. But yes, it's fact that they can't see it for the first couple of months. Doesn't mean it's undecided during that time.

Language note: "typically" does not mean there aren't footnotes to be made; sometimes babies are born with both sets of sexual organs. And regardless of the type of sexual organs and body shape, a person may feel like the other gender, or something in between, or something else entirely.

What is the issue with different sexes sharing the bathroom in the first place?

hmmm... how about protecting girls and women from prowlers and more dangerous perverts??? Probably best and strongest reason I can think of...