Copying A Vcd

ChiangMaiThai

I'm trying to copy a copy of a VCD. I've got Roxio, but I don't have all the options since its not registered. I click on 'create a data CD' and add the VCD files which I've saved to my computer. The CD is burned. Then when I try to watch it, I'm told that the format is unreadable. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

hi'

oups ... sorry Nero does this very well ...

copy the file onto HD normaly, the MPEGAV folders contains a files.dat, (avseq01.dat)

[audio-video_sequence.01]

open Nero ask for a vcv disk add the file copied before, and burn it, take care that for a good quality burning af a video, don't exceed 24x for burning ... (16x better)

that's it :o

francois

Have done that once with Nero Francois.

I used VCD gear to change the files from .dat to MPEG was tring to use Widows CD burning Wizard, error message file to big. :D

I thought might use Nero to split it and then burn, anyway Nero gets it all onto the disk no error messages so I tried it on PC's CD, it wouldn't play ???. :D

I checked the files and Nero had changed them back to .dat, scratch head :o thought may as well bin the disk, no wait on tried it VCD and it worked, dont know how I forgot about that episode. :D

well, again MPEG4 Direct Maker makes it perfectly ...

no limit to that software, light, fast and not expensive ... :D

does anything from dvd vcd avi svcd and even quick-time ... to any of the above ..

just great !

did not find better for now :o

give it a try, and tell me :D

but anyway, sometime before, I used to copy the .dat of vcd to HD and then ask

to Nero to burn it as a vcd .. no problem at all, the .dat and the .mpg are the same extension, vcd file.

but really give it a try, it's worth :D

francois

Bronco, might be just a question of format ...

I had the problem with some vcd I copied, could watch them on pc but not on dvd machine, I copied them to HD and ask to Nero to burn them again as VCD, some were just re-burned as they were, some needed to be re-encoded, why?

I still don't know :o

the fact is that you have to burn them as VCD, not as DATA like DivX ...

the pc doesn't play it even if you ask to the player you use, to open the .DAT file?

seems strange ... :D

francois

have only done it once with nero and as I said it fit the entire VCD on the one disc, whereas the windows wizard wouldn't touch it, too big. I check the CD on pc usually if thats ok then it will play on VCD, this time?????????? one of those things. :o

is the movie in one file?

or two, of 600mb or so?

if only one, it's normal, you have to split it before ...

but what the H### , why can't work on PC ? :D

it's really strange as you can read it with a vcd machine :o

francois