Chon Buri, I Am Here, What To Do?

WebBangkok

Hi,

I have escaped the floods in Bangkok, my house's ground floor is flooded and I am staying in Chon Buri for the time being with trips to Bangkok every 2 days to deal with my clients.

But I would like to venture out and see a bit of Chon Buri, whats here?

Any nice beaches? Any good restaurants? And decent pubs or nightlife here? I know its close to Pattaya, but does Chon Buri have anything to offer?

I made an edit for spelling to your post and removed a post commenting about it. :jap:

I don't know much about that area, but isn't there an island just off shore that you can drive to that is real popular? Might be fun for a day trip.

I would drive south from Chon Buri (city?) and stay as close to the coast as possible all the way.

Fairly nice stretch, you'll pass through An Chila? and Bang Saen and then Sri Racha.

You'll pass numerous very good seafood joints on the way.

Since its November I guess Bang Saen Race Week is coming up.

Nightlife/pubs? yes, plenty, but Thai style and Thai dominated.

Not taking the current flood situation into account I'd say that Friday-Sunday is a pretty busy period along this stretch,

maybe especially Bang Saen.

Lots of Thais coming down from BKK and surroundings to spend a weekend by the sea.

For all I know the place could be packed all week by BKK refugees now.

There's not much in Chonburi itself, unless you speak excellent Thai.

The place is very Thai, and the level of English is poor.

But the people and the food are nice, and if you have a good book, or some company, not a bad place at all.

Si Racha is down the road - Ko Sichang island is lovely (off the coast of Si Racha).

Is it lovely? I have always wanted to go have a look, but I always read that its filthy , have you been recently?

It's no paradise island, but it's ok for a couple of days. Half decent beach on the far side of the island, and a nice temple up a hill in the main 'town'

totster :D

/quote/ Hi,

I have escaped the floods in Bangkok, my house's ground floor is flooded and I am staying in Chon Buri for the time being with trips to Bangkok every 2 days to deal with my clients.

But I would like to venture out and see a bit of Chon Buri, whats here?

Any nice beaches? Any good restaurants? And decent pubs or nightlife here? I know its close to Pattaya, but does Chon Buri have anything to offer? /unquote/

My sister-in-law lives there. :jap: