Video Of Pattaya In 1987

People might find this Youtube video interesting.

A German guy who was in Pattaya in 1987 took some video of drives around Pattaya. He took a drive up Pattaya Hill, then went down Pattayaland Soi 2, and along Second Road and into Soi 13.

If you were around then it is a trip down memory lane. And if like me you weren't it is still fascinating to see how the place has changed. Pattayaland Soi 2 seems is very quiet, few signs up, and Soi 13 was like a country lane!

Edited by RonanTheBarbarian
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Only just seen this, whilst it is nothing like today, I was quite surprised how developed it already is in 1987. Things like they had already instigated the Beach Road/ Second Road one way system and there's already 100's of Songthaews plying these routes and a few 8+ storey hotels/ apartments. I first came to Thailand in early 1992 for 3 months and have been back many times since but didn't visit Pattaya until I moved here permanently in 2008. Thanks for sharing, would be great to see it in say 1977!

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to see a more up-to-date version of the streets for comparison, go to this site:

http://streetviewpattaya.com

It is a site owned by a guy who drives around Pattaya on his motorbike filming the streets.

The picture quality isnt great (slightly worse than the 87 video if anything!) but it makes for an interesting comparison.

Edited by RonanTheBarbarian