Just Renewed Retirement Visa At Old Img. Office

robbie22

I went Thursday to The American Embassy to get the letter for my pension it was dry there sand bags everywhere Silom Station was closed got off at Lumpini it was dry there also and they had some exits closed. I paid the 1550 baht now for the notary American prices went up. I was told that the old immigration office was open now no problems so went over with my documents it was a zoo over there but i did not have to wait long after they came back for lunch. I was expecting to have some problem after i read about new rules and tightening the rules about bank deposits of your pension. I was asked if I had my bank documents but My letter from Embassy states I make more than the required 65,000 baht and I have been retired here for 6 years so they computed the baht from my USD pension and that was it no problems. Except I was 2 days over 1000baht fine plus the 1900 baht for Retirement visa. Hope this helps someone.

As you can go to immigration 30 days before the expiry date, I do not know why you waited for 2 days after the expiry date. You are lucky they did not toss you for being late.

The amount of money in the bank or pension is 800,000 baht a year and you have 3 options to make up this amount. So if your intention was to help people at stating, "My letter from Embassy states I make more than the required 65,000 baht" then I think you confused more than you helped.

You also need proof of residence for renewal of retirement visa. I went 1 month ago and need to show my lease and a photo copy of the owners ID card.

:jap:

As you can go to immigration 30 days before the expiry date, I do not know why you waited for 2 days after the expiry date. You are lucky they did not toss you for being late.

The amount of money in the bank or pension is 800,000 baht a year and you have 3 options to make up this amount. So if your intention was to help people at stating, "My letter from Embassy states I make more than the required 65,000 baht" then I think you confused more than you helped.

You also need proof of residence for renewal of retirement visa. I went 1 month ago and need to show my lease and a photo copy of the owners ID card.

:jap:

Sorry Bushwacker if i confused anyone thanks for mentioning the options. I have never had to show a lease agreement I always put my new address as i have moved several times,I live in the Ratchada area. I also used to have to show my Thai Bank account but not necessary anymore if your pension exceeds 65000 baht no bank info required. Also there is no medical certificate required either. Good luck to all

That is not quite correct, the requirement is:

Income of more than 65,000 baht per month, or

800,000 baht in a thai bank account for at least 3 months (two months for the first extension), or

Combination of income and bank deposit totalling at least 800,000 baht.

Sophon