Recommendations For A Good Car Electrician In Cm

jamiesensei

Hi,

I have bought myself a xexun tk 103 GPS car tracker. It is a pretty cool unit. I can track my car on a map on the internet. And I can turn off the engine off by SMS among other things. It cost 150 US including postage.

I need a good car electrician to fit it. I am thinking a good car alarm installer would be able to do the job. I just need someone to connect it to the battery, connect the lead to turn off the engine if possible and position the unit and it's aerial in a sensible position.

Previously I had a hands free bluetooth phone system fitted by Amnuay Air but the thing has never really worked properly. I don't think they fitted it properly despite me going back there twice to get the thing fixed. So I want to try somewhere else this time. Khuan Singh is a well known car stereo fitter I might try there.

I will share my experience of getting one of these things fitted here if and when I do get it fitted, in case others are interested.

Jamie

I'd look through the wiring diagram and point out the two wires that will enable the cut off circuit. One wire is for input, where it cuts off the ignition, the other wire is the output for when the car is NOT disabled.

An English manual is useless to a 8k a month installer. The English manual is also useless to a Thai Chinese owner that relies on his installers.

When i use to be a consultant for the car audio industry in Thailand, I'd say 75% of aftermarket car alarms that are installed do not have properly working ignition cutoff circuits nor valet bypass switches, unless it is an option from the dealer.

Thanks KRS1, this adds to my suspicion that it will probably be difficult to find someone who really has any idea what they are doing and unfortunately I think most Thais will probably bluff there way through such a situation, pretend they do know what they are doing in order not to lose face or custom. Am a little scared of letting someone here loose on my car electrics.

If there is someone here who has successfully had a car alarm fitted that can cut the engine off at a competent seeming garage in CM can you let me know?

Hi Jamie,

Never had this done, but wonder about suggesting the Mitsu dealer on Mae Jo Rd, not least because the service manager, Khun Kamon speaks very good English and would understand what you want. Similarly with the Suzuki dealer owner out on the Doi Saket Rd.

CMMCB

Maybe try Max Auto as they fit a lot of aftermarket gear like GPS's, DVD's etc. They did have a really helpful fellow there educated in Australia and familiar with technical terms, don't know if he is still there though.

Their address is

69/1 Moo3, Chiang-Mai-Mae-Jo Rd.

T.Fa Ham, Muang Chiang Mai

Keep us posted on the outcome as am looking at something the same or similar and would like to know if it works OK here.

Edited by Nonghoycowboy