Thai Visa

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new in this forum.  I plan to buy a condo in Bangkok.  Does this qualify me to obtain a visa to live in Thailand?  Thanks for your input.

Thanks. How long does the "long term entry permit" allow me to stay in Thailand? How often do I have to renew?

Regards

How long does the "long term entry permit" allow me to stay in Thailand?
Forever as long as you maintain the investment.
How often do I have to renew?

Every year

By 'qualifying seller', what exactly do you mean?

It cannot be a Foreign Seller. It can be a Thai Seller or a Thai company that has its listed objective of being a Development Company.

www.lawyer.th.com

I am currently "under consideration" for the investment based investment (3M+ in condo) and bought 2nd hand from Thai bank (who took back condo when private Thai buyer defaulted). Will see have that develops and will update you here end of the month.

Cheers!

It can be based on any of the extension possibilities (retirement/marriage Etc.) but in this case (condo) it is the 3M baht rule. It is still an extension on a non-em B visa. Cheers!

This "long-term entry permit" - what visa classification is that (buying a condo over 3 million baht)?  Is that a non-immigrant IM visa, or something else?