Thai Floods Reduce Beer Supplies To A Drip

george

Maybe Laos will send us a convoy of emergency supplies of Beer Lao :burp:

All jokes aside, beer is a pretty good substitute when no bottled (or other safe) water is available. I am predicting many, many cases of serious illnesses occurring from contaminate water supplies before this is over. Remember: Boil all questionable water AT LEAST five minutes!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of Leo up here in Chiang Mai. It's the only thing that the local Big C has to stock their shelves with.

Yeah...ahmm...what the hell has LEO to do with beer?

offtopic.gif

Edited by DocN

Dang, what will all the old expats do with all their free time and money now that there is no beer to drink? There will be chaos, riots, and disorder. Bars will be wiped out. Brothels business will shrivel. Pataya will cease to have a reason to exist, for a little while. Imagine Thailand with out beer! Fewer bars and brothels, fewer death due to drunk drivers, cops may become sober on the job! It's international image as a place for old expats and young backpackers to come to get drunk cheaply and buy women for next to nothing will change! This is horrible! What will Thailand and the tourism industry that relies on this image do???

Wait - _ -

That might be kinda nice.

Edited by hpwheelman

Oh darn. The PM and her brother have really done it now. If the Thais don't wake up to it and take matters into their own hands, then surely a bunch of sober farangs will!!

All the Sexpats will come out of the bars and brothels, stage a coup and Thailand will be the first country with a Sexpat government.

Well, you can always smoke-up instead. Oh dam_n, I forgot, that's in short supply too. No beer + no green = crisis!!

yeah, no more singha on our island alreadysad.gif

will have to switch to other brands when my stock is oversad.gifsad.gif

it's a real pity that some people have to deal with too much liquid and other are running dry

Oh darn. The PM and her brother have really done it now. If the Thais don't wake up to it and take matters into their own hands, then surely a bunch of sober farangs will!!

All the Sexpats will come out of the bars and brothels, stage a coup and Thailand will be the first country with a Sexpat government.

Excuse my naivety, but what's a sexpat?

Reduced stocks in supermarkets in this part of Issaan (Kantharalak SiSaket), but the beer box shops and local stores still run at their normal grossly overstocked levels!

Sounds like a good excuse to evacuate Bangkok to me :rolleyes:

Well we are not sharing in Chiangmai, you mexicans down south can find your own beer supplies. It's a dog eat dog world when it comes to beer.:D Just tugging your chains cobbers, we Aussies fully understand what it's like to be as dry as a dead dingo's donger.

Hope this cheers you all up...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hxpxU6H2WYA

its an expat who is here for the sex, hence sexpat, bunch of digusting people :whistling:

Edited by marstons

running out of beer in some peoples minds is fine ,but when you run a bar or club paying huge rents and employing lots of staff ,how are you suppose to pay the rent and staff wages when you cant sell anything,this could force bar owners to either shut up shop or lay off staff ,which in turn hurts the landlords who rent rooms to these staff as they wont get paid and they in turn cant pay there mortgages to the banks and so on and so on ,not a good time ahead for a lot of us farangs or thais im afraid....

OK. Now we really have something to worry about.

Yes, me thinks you might be right. Many who are here for the pleasant climate, and cool beer would now be making plans to move to pastures green. The final nail in the coffin would be the girls finding new jobs while they are back home.laugh.gif

Edited by a99az

its an expat who is here for the sex, hence sexpat, bunch of digusting people :whistling:

Still don't get it. You find having sex disgusting?

Plenty of Leo up here in Chiang Mai. It's the only thing that the local Big C has to stock their shelves with.

offtopic.gif

It's made by the same company as Singha...

Has anyone tried boiling Leo first?

On first thought, I was also going to joke about it... invoking emergency laws to prevent beer shortage to happen... but then I remembered the hundreds of thousands of people really affected by the flood and so I refrain from joking around...

yet, you basically still told the joke... B)

i'm not having a go at you, just found it amusing

I DON'T find it amusing that you DO find someone's (curtailed) amusement, amusing :annoyed:.

I find amusing what you do not which makes you amusing

offtopic.gif

It's made by the same company as Singha...

Has anyone tried boiling Leo first?

Forget it, the alcohol evaporates and it tastes like water

running out of beer in some peoples minds is fine ,but when you run a bar or club paying huge rents and employing lots of staff ,how are you suppose to pay the rent and staff wages when you cant sell anything,this could force bar owners to either shut up shop or lay off staff ,which in turn hurts the landlords who rent rooms to these staff as they wont get paid and they in turn cant pay there mortgages to the banks and so on and so on ,not a good time ahead for a lot of us farangs or thais im afraid....

Got me crying in my beer.

Road deaths and spousal abuse should see a welcome if only temporary dip in numbers for a while then.

I thought most those caused by Beer Chang, Mekhong* and Lao Khao** drinkers.

* (quote for web article: Mekhong is a distilled spirit from Thailand that is made of sugar cane, rice and a secret blend of indigenous herbs.)

**(quotes from another forum: 17 Oct 2010 – Lao Khao is a very potent alcohol rice whiskey and is a favourite drink of Thailand's rural working class people.)

By this, I mean not every drunk drinks Singha. But I an happy with any reduction in road carnage like at Songkran

On first thought, I was also going to joke about it... invoking emergency laws to prevent beer shortage to happen... but then I remembered the hundreds of thousands of people really affected by the flood and so I refrain from joking around...

yet, you basically still told the joke... B)

i'm not having a go at you, just found it amusing

I DON'T find it amusing that you DO find someone's (curtailed) amusement, amusing :annoyed:.

I......Don't......Care.......

Just like this government. The flood is putting additional stress on their getting on with corruption.

The article is about BEER supplies.

:ph34r:

Don't be so snooty.... Pretty soon if things continue in the same fashion, you'll be begging for just a drop of that nectar LEO... :lol:

BTW, when I stopped by my local 7-Eleven in Sukhumvit the other day, the only beer they had on the frig shelves were a few straggler bottles of Archa....

It was pretty funny.. While I was standing there waiting for my wife, a non-Thai Asian guy walked in, came over to the frig section, looked inside where the Archa bottles were pretty lonely, and muttered about there not being any beer...

Well, perhaps he was correct about that... :D Or perhaps he didn't know that Archa is actually a kind of brand of beer.

Don't be so snooty.... Pretty soon if things continue in the same fashion, you'll be begging for just a drop of that nectar LEO... :lol:

BTW, when I stopped by my local 7-Eleven in Sukhumvit the other day, the only beer they had on the frig shelves were a few straggler bottles of Archa....

It was pretty funny.. While I was standing there waiting for my wife, a non-Thai Asian guy walked in, came over to the frig section, looked inside where the Archa bottles were pretty lonely, and muttered about there not being any beer...

Well, perhaps he was correct about that... :D Or perhaps he didn't know that Archa is actually a kind of brand of beer.

I just went over to my local Big C. All they had was a dozen bottles of San Miguel Light. ... pass