Daily Flood Locations Nov. 11Th

cdnvic

There is a report that Saen Saeb canal is overflowing in Bang Kapi. Any confirmation from that area?

I just came back form Ramkamphaeng. The main road is dry around Soi 108-120, but many of the Soi's are flooded. That are is; however, in Spahan Soong, but fairly close to Bang Kapi, and only around 100 meters from Saen Saeb. As Saen Saeb goes through Saphan Sonong before it reaches Bang Kapi, I would assume that it would flood there first, as so far the main roads are dry, but inside the Soi's it's wet and rising.

Krungthep Kreetha is still impassable around the golf course, and outside my Moo Baan at Soi 32, the water has risen slightly compared to last night, but is still very passable.

GM Link Nav by interesting road names. It's up to the less-casual to pinpoint Khlong Saen Saeb.

post-120659-0-47394600-1320991933_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GM Link This looked like new flooding this afternoon, NW of Bang Chan Industrial Estates. Courtesy Thai PBS, Actually, I have 2 DVRs and have recorded 20 DVDs (80 hours) of Thai TV video. I could produce some very nice real time (sort of) flood reports if I had a decent interpreter and 3 clones, Thai Television allowing.

post-120659-0-76549100-1320999755_thumb.

post-120659-0-07355800-1320999777_thumb.

post-120659-0-30605300-1320999804_thumb.

post-120659-0-07794300-1320999853_thumb.

post-120659-0-18594000-1320999893_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

BKK-Saraburi/Ayutthaya and onwards

Yesterday drove the only available highway #1 to Bang Pa In intersection through Pathumthani

First hick-up was the Loy Krathong? traffic to the river on #9 than a good drive to Rangsit

where the traffic jam started at Future Park.

Took me 1,5 hour to get onto the normal road which was blocked and elevated with earth

Arrived in Ayutthaya in 3 hours, highway #32 was clear I understand there are some puddles towards Nakon Sawan

Still a lot of water at the side

Is #9 direction Ban Pa In from BKK clear already?

GM Link This looked like new flooding this afternoon, NW of Bang Chan Industrial Estates. Courtesy Thai PBS, Actually, I have 2 DVRs and have recorded 20 DVDs (80 hours) of Thai TV video. I could produce some very nice real time (sort of) flood reports if I had a decent interpreter and 3 clones, Thai Television allowing.

Thank you for update. I have my father-in-law in Suan Sayam.

Bangbon 3 between Klong khwan and Ekachai slowly seeing water rise on both sides of the road. Klong khwan to Pekhasem only by boat taxis.

The motorcycle taxis have taken to boats on Bangbon 3 are charging desperate natives 100 baht for a ten minute ride to their inundated homes...scum opportunism in my opinion. In a like vein, a vendor where these boat motorcycle taxis are camped is selling low grade rice at 250 baht for seven kilos. The disaster is depressing; the price gouging is infuriating..

Ekachai began flooding, from Soi 60-80, buses still going through but taxis and small cars are doing a u turn around Soi 80 and heading back toward Bangbon 3. Scooters in this section of Ekachai have taken to the sidewalks, still navigable on foot.

Bangbon 3 between Klong khwan and Ekachai slowly seeing water rise on both sides of the road. Klong khwan to Pekhasem only by boat taxis.

The motorcycle taxis have taken to boats on Bangbon 3 are charging desperate natives 100 baht for a ten minute ride to their inundated homes...scum opportunism in my opinion. In a like vein, a vendor where these boat motorcycle taxis are camped is selling low grade rice at 250 baht for seven kilos. The disaster is depressing; the price gouging is infuriating..

Ekachai began flooding, from Soi 60-80, buses still going through but taxis and small cars are doing a u turn around Soi 80 and heading back toward Bangbon 3. Scooters in this section of Ekachai have taken to the sidewalks, still navigable on foot.

GM Link Bang Bon 3 or thereabouts.

post-120659-0-82530700-1321005667_thumb.

Moo Baan Nakila is stil dry, but Krungthep Kreetha is flooded almost all the way to Soi 32. Just drove down the road from Soi 32, and when you reach Soi 20 there is a police warning sign, which prepares motorists for 80cm if they continue (cannot confirm that as I have a normal low car, so i turned around). The water is also coming out of the drain fast around Soi 28.

The Thai PBS - Thailand's Worst Flood English-language segments archived back to 24 October. I have not been able to locate the Thai-language videos on the Thai PBS website, but believe they would be worth watching even if one does not know Thai.

(not sure if it's OK to post direct links, pls edit if otherwise)

Didn't see any previous replies to this comment, sorry if redundant.

I think you can see the previous Thai presentations included amongst the various pics/thumbnails at bottom of window of this recent Thai entry. The latest ones are (maybe sporadically) displayed on the upper right-hand segment of site's main page (and maybe on left index "somewhere" also :)).

http://www3.thaipbs....newsid=C0001939

Rgds / Stan

PS, for my XP, antique PC, the main website consumes very substantial CPU capacity but the video clips are relatively ok

Edited by stan18

Awesome forum and links - incredible resource.

Looking for help finding an info source. There is a google map that shows flood levels in different areas using colored pins. Often, the information includes photos. It's been linked to in here several times, and I forgot to bookmark. It had some very good photos around my in-laws' neighborhood. They are in Bangkok Noi, Bang Chan Lo subdistrict. So far they are dry, but the Post is saying two subdistricts across Charan Sanitwong from them are under evacuation. These 2 subdistricts lie along the same nasty little canal - Wat Thong - as my in-laws' neighborhood (and the land we intend to build our home on is about 50 meters from this stinking khlong). Want to see what the situation looks like, although of course the fam will be giving us verbal updates.

Last info from in-laws was that Khlong Wat Thong is very close to overflowing in their neighborhood, which would cut them off from Thanon Phrannok. They live behind the Foodland on Charan Sanitwong, near Fai Chai intersection. Father-in-law was already flooded out of his house in Arun Amarin last week.

Thanks much in advance for anyone who can offer that link. I've done a forum search, but could not track it down. this might be the one ya meant: http://maps.google.c...178424,0.338173 but this one's better so long as ya put it in google chrome's browser and hit 'translate this' http://www.gamling.org/#_=_ I live on Bang Khun Non rd and use that Foodland all the time...don't worry as Charon Sanitwong isn't flooding nor is Thanon Phran Nok as I just came home that way not 2 hours ago. Those back klongs are close to bustin' a gut and a lot have already thus flooding alotta da side soi's but nothing's outta hand...yet. There IS standing water on Thanon Itsaraphap around soi 23ish but it's overflow gutter stuff and has been stable for the last 3 daze. Also water in gutter on Arun Ammarin around soi 13ish and again at soi 7ish but again nothing bad at all and has also been stable for at least the last 3 daze. I drive out to check it daily as it's the only avenues of escape for all of us on the "Forgotten Side" of the River. If all else fails they can head a tad north on C.S. to the next road, Wat Sutthawat [where the fresh market is] bust a right and hit Itsaraphap or Arun Ammarin that'a'way. I also noticed a goodly drop in flood level in the Pinklao and Arun Ammarin area...went to RamaVIII's west side [via the eastern approach] to set me lighted Loi Krathong into the Chao Phraya and was able to drive my scooter 300meters shy of the Arun Ammarin/Borommaratchachonnani intersection.

I can see from my balcony that the elevated Borommaratchachonnani highway is open from Pinklao to 338. Boy does this city have a lotta cleanin' up ta do! Big-time mud everywhere

PS... i posted this after 3am this mornin' so i thought i'd repost just in case there's anyone readin' this insanely informative T.V. Flood Thread on the 'Forgotten Side' of the Chao Phraya.

Edited by edsinbkk

looks like we got water on Rama II around soi 60-70 now (Finally).

Soi doesn't count. The Rama II road is still dry (info at 11 am on 11-11-11)

Just got back from Central Rama 2. All the sois on the backside and sides of the mall are flooded in places, but passable. The waters come to about 10 meters of Rama 2. Further to the east, the Rama 2 access road has the first signs of water now, but nothing serious yet ( a couple of centemeters deep.) As far as I could tell, the water has not crossed over the small median to the main road yet.

The Thai PBS - Thailand's Worst Flood English-language segments archived back to 24 October. I have not been able to locate the Thai-language videos on the Thai PBS website, but believe they would be worth watching even if one does not know Thai.

(not sure if it's OK to post direct links, pls edit if otherwise)

Didn't see any previous replies to this comment, sorry if redundant.

I think you can see the previous Thai presentations included amongst the various pics/thumbnails at bottom of window of this recent Thai entry. The latest ones are (maybe sporadically) displayed on the upper right-hand segment of site's main page (and maybe on left index "somewhere" also :)).

http://www3.thaipbs....newsid=C0001939

Rgds / Stan

PS, for my XP, antique PC, the main website consumes very substantial CPU capacity but the video clips are relatively ok

Thanks so much! Exactly what the Dr. ordered (but the government will probably ignore). Take care.

Edited by MaxYakov

Lad Prao around Sois 1, 1/1, 4, 6, & 8 are if anything receding, though the main road seems to be the same.

I'm not sure where to post this info:

I did my 90-day immigration report today at Chamchari - Sam Yan MRT exit two - through the blast doors - up two escalators and then an elevator to the 18th floor and Room A.

This will remain an option as long as the floods are with us.

Awesome forum and links - incredible resource.

Looking for help finding an info source. There is a google map that shows flood levels in different areas using colored pins. Often, the information includes photos. It's been linked to in here several times, and I forgot to bookmark. It had some very good photos around my in-laws' neighborhood. They are in Bangkok Noi, Bang Chan Lo subdistrict. So far they are dry, but the Post is saying two subdistricts across Charan Sanitwong from them are under evacuation. These 2 subdistricts lie along the same nasty little canal - Wat Thong - as my in-laws' neighborhood (and the land we intend to build our home on is about 50 meters from this stinking khlong). Want to see what the situation looks like, although of course the fam will be giving us verbal updates.

Last info from in-laws was that Khlong Wat Thong is very close to overflowing in their neighborhood, which would cut them off from Thanon Phrannok. They live behind the Foodland on Charan Sanitwong, near Fai Chai intersection. Father-in-law was already flooded out of his house in Arun Amarin last week.

Thanks much in advance for anyone who can offer that link. I've done a forum search, but could not track it down. this might be the one ya meant: http://maps.google.c...178424,0.338173 but this one's better so long as ya put it in google chrome's browser and hit 'translate this' http://www.gamling.org/#_=_ I live on Bang Khun Non rd and use that Foodland all the time...don't worry as Charon Sanitwong isn't flooding nor is Thanon Phran Nok as I just came home that way not 2 hours ago. Those back klongs are close to bustin' a gut and a lot have already thus flooding alotta da side soi's but nothing's outta hand...yet. There IS standing water on Thanon Itsaraphap around soi 23ish but it's overflow gutter stuff and has been stable for the last 3 daze. Also water in gutter on Arun Ammarin around soi 13ish and again at soi 7ish but again nothing bad at all and has also been stable for at least the last 3 daze. I drive out to check it daily as it's the only avenues of escape for all of us on the "Forgotten Side" of the River. If all else fails they can head a tad north on C.S. to the next road, Wat Sutthawat [where the fresh market is] bust a right and hit Itsaraphap or Arun Ammarin that'a'way. I also noticed a goodly drop in flood level in the Pinklao and Arun Ammarin area...went to RamaVIII's west side [via the eastern approach] to set me lighted Loi Krathong into the Chao Phraya and was able to drive my scooter 300meters shy of the Arun Ammarin/Borommaratchachonnani intersection.

I can see from my balcony that the elevated Borommaratchachonnani highway is open from Pinklao to 338. Boy does this city have a lotta cleanin' up ta do! Big-time mud everywhere

PS... i posted this after 3am this mornin' so i thought i'd repost just in case there's anyone readin' this insanely informative T.V. Flood Thread on the 'Forgotten Side' of the Chao Phraya.

Hi!

Wellcome to TV.

Here is the links

http://www.gamling.org/

http://www.bangkokgis.com/flood/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=87

http://as-int.com/flood/?gid=320&val=0

http://thaicrisis.chula.ac.th/

Moo Baan Nakila is stil dry, but Krungthep Kreetha is flooded almost all the way to Soi 32. Just drove down the road from Soi 32, and when you reach Soi 20 there is a police warning sign, which prepares motorists for 80cm if they continue (cannot confirm that as I have a normal low car, so i turned around). The water is also coming out of the drain fast around Soi 28.

GM Link Somewhere therabouts. I think Google got even more confused than I.

BKK-Saraburi/Ayutthaya and onwards

Yesterday drove the only available highway #1 to Bang Pa In intersection through Pathumthani

First hick-up was the Loy Krathong? traffic to the river on #9 than a good drive to Rangsit

where the traffic jam started at Future Park.

Took me 1,5 hour to get onto the normal road which was blocked and elevated with earth

Arrived in Ayutthaya in 3 hours, highway #32 was clear I understand there are some puddles towards Nakon Sawan

Still a lot of water at the side

Is #9 direction Ban Pa In from BKK clear already?

We tried heading North today on Motorway #9 from Seri Thai Road. The Motorway was blocked at Fashion Island but the exit is open to go off and right back on again blink.gif We went all the way past Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok almost to Khlong Luang 3214 . The police made us U-Turn here because small cars are not allowed past their road block. I asked if it is possible for us to make it to Highway 1. They said they don't know the situation past their road block so it is best to U-Turn laugh.gif

1320991051[/url]' post='4839216']
1320989650[/url]' post='4839166']

What is the Central Lad Prao/JJ park area looking like today? Is there any noticeable increase or decrease in the water level?

Still very wet ! Around JJ water has decreased 3 cm on yesterday

Not entirely true. I just went to JJ Mall this afternoon. The west side of the market is completely dry, but the east side (BTS side) is submerged. The animal market in JJ has been open continuously since the flooding began.

Three pics from dead end of Lad Prao soi 126 (west of the mall Bang Kapi) looking towards Saen Saep. Two pics from Nov. 8 and one from today (guess which). The water level at the drain is equal to the level of Saen Saep at a place ca 2 km upstream from the canal meter SS05 Canal meters near Ramkamphaeng university/stadium. The pic where waterlevel is ca 10 cm below drain edge was taken at a time where the meter showed -6 cm, the owerflow pic was taken when the meter showed +26 cm (a rise of 32 cm on 3 days). The meter apparently operates with a max-limit of 74-76 cm before overflow, which seems to fit well with when it will overflow the embankment (at level with the sidewalk - not the top of the vertical tiles) but obviously Saen Saep may overflow its neighbours well before that point.

post-57955-0-20910000-1321018494_thumb.j post-57955-0-42733900-1321018537_thumb.j post-57955-0-06977100-1321018563_thumb.j

Some more pics from the Bang Kapi area showing consequences of Saen Saep's waterlevel being too high for its associated drainage system. The area immediately at the mall was still extremely dry even behind the mall at Saen Saep. Same applies to the majority of the Lad Prao sois in that end of the road, and the ones flooded in their Saen Saep end were still dry at the Lad Prao end. So not yet any serious flooding in the mall-near Bang Kapi area.

Wat Si Bun Rueang (end station for the klong boats, 1 km east of the Mall)

post-57955-0-98197800-1321022138_thumb.j post-57955-0-31552800-1321022156_thumb.j post-57955-0-08705100-1321022178_thumb.j

Lad Prao soi 148, Lad Prao soi 134, Wat Klang (Lad Prao soi 132)

post-57955-0-42671400-1321022194_thumb.j post-57955-0-85962400-1321022239_thumb.j post-57955-0-70727400-1321022267_thumb.j

I'm not sure where to post this info:

I did my 90-day immigration report today at Chamchari - Sam Yan MRT exit two - through the blast doors - up two escalators and then an elevator to the 18th floor and Room A.

This will remain an option as long as the floods are with us.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

Some of the threads are about problems with the 90-day reports because of the floods. Circumstances are different, you might want to search before opening a new thread.

just been picked up from Suvarnabhumi Airport and back to Kamphaeng Saen, Nakorn Pathom. we came from Rama II then motorway 4 and all the sois in the dark, and it took 4 hours and I am half dead.

at 18.00h, Rama II main road was dry, BUT both in-bound and out-bound traffic were very heavy, about double the traffic volume than a usual day. be prepared.

just been picked up from Suvarnabhumi Airport and back to Kamphaeng Saen, Nakorn Pathom. we came from Rama II then motorway 4 and all the sois in the dark, and it took 4 hours and I am half dead.

at 18.00h, Rama II main road was dry, BUT both in-bound and out-bound traffic were very heavy, about double the traffic volume than a usual day. be prepared.

Have just come back to Kanchanaburi from BKK (Sukhumvit) via Rama II to Samut Sakon and then up towards Potharam / Ban Pong. It was dry all the way and took just over 3 hours which was pretty good.

I'm on Pattanakahn 51, just off SriNakarin. Just looked off my balcony and can see the sois between Pattanakahn 51 and 53 are not flooding, but definetly getting wet from water coming up from the sewers. It's not deep at all, but the water is going down the sois at about a meter every 5 minutes - kind of like the blob of the 50's horror film. If it goes like this all night there will be build-up. None of the houses are sandbagged.

I'm on Pattanakahn 51, just off SriNakarin. Just looked off my balcony and can see the sois between Pattanakahn 51 and 53 are not flooding, but definetly getting wet from water coming up from the sewers. It's not deep at all, but the water is going down the sois at about a meter every 5 minutes - kind of like the blob of the 50's horror film. If it goes like this all night there will be build-up. None of the houses are sandbagged.

you mean here 12-14 Soi Pattanakarn 51 (Soi Floraville) Pattanakarn Road