Golf Courses

Checker

As I continue with my research into where in Thailand I will live, one of the key factors will be availablity of golf courses. How many golf courses are there within an hours drive of Krabi Town? I know of Pakasai Country Club (which seems quite expensive). Are there any more . . . Phuket seems too far to drive for a game.

Thanks GOM . . . Have spent a lot of time in Hua Hin and 10 years ago it was going to be my place of retirement. One of the reasons was the number of quality golf courses. HH has now grown to the stage where it now has it's own social problems...and the traffic can be as bad as Bangkok at times... Krabi (and possibly Chanthaburi on the eastern seaboard) appeal because of less people) . . .

Edited by Checker

Thanks GOM . . . Have spent a lot of time in Hua Hin and 10 years ago it was going to be my place of retirement. One of the reasons was the number of quality golf courses. HH has now grown to the stage where it now has it's own social problems...and the traffic can be as bad as Bangkok at times... Krabi (and possibly Chanthaburi on the eastern seaboard) appeal because of less people) . . .

Appreciate the update on HH Checker. It's probably been ten years since I was last through there too.

Yes, I hear good things about the Eastern Seaboard, have a business aquaintance who has moved over there from Phuket for the same reasons. He's not a golfer though.

Pretty sure I once saw a publication "golfing in Thailand", on a stand in a bookstore, might be worth a check.

Best of luck, GOM

Pakasai is the closest 18 hole course, although i have to disagree with your comment about it being expensive. If you become a member its 640B including caddie.... I don't think there are many courses that can offer that.

Sofitel have a small 9 hole course, and another course is under construction close to the airport, but will only be 9 holes to start with.

There is a superb course out towards surat thani... about 1 1/2 hour drive. Bit of a trek but well worth it.

Obviously Fast Eddie doesn't know what he's talking about...

Thanks nattymatt, that is good value at Pakasai Country Club...... depending of course on the membership fee . . . . . . Also a 90 minute drive towards Surat Thani for a game on a quality course is easy to do. Could possibly make it a monthly excursion. . . Agree with our last sentence, which is why I ignored it...... Thanks again.