Blood Test In Bangkok

wannascuba

I will be traveling to the LoS soon. Can anyone help with a good clinic / hospital where I can get a blood test. I want to get results for; blood cell count, cholosterol HDL, LDL, thyroid, testosterone, and DHEAS? Any idea how much Bhat?

Bumrungrad hospital will do a comprehensive test, (23 tests) for 12K baht and isssue you a report. It takes 2 hours (and they give u a lunch voucher for the restaurant downstairs).

Google them and you will see the price for blood test only.

I will be traveling to the LoS soon. Can anyone help with a good clinic / hospital where I can get a blood test. I want to get results for; blood cell count, cholosterol HDL, LDL, thyroid, testosterone, and DHEAS? Any idea how much Bhat?

Bumrungrad hospital will do a comprehensive test, (23 tests) for 12K baht and isssue you a report. It takes 2 hours (and they give u a lunch voucher for the restaurant downstairs).

Google them and you will see the price for blood test only.

Thanks for the info "think too mut"

A free lunch also!! Thats awesome...

From one to another ordination you will be led by a nurse, no waiting. Like being on an assembly line.

The "free" lunch is not very good but during that time the doctor who saw you would be making the report.

Then you get a 15 mins sermon from him what's good and what's bad with your results and recommendations how to improve.

The report will be binded, with a color pic of the hospital on the front page. I found them accepted by the medics in Japan and Australia.

Also be aware that for that price you could have a complete physical as well as blood work at most good hospitals in Bangkok; but guess that color pic on the front page is worth it. :o

Hospitals in Oz and Japan actually asked where the results came from..checked on their computers and said "OK".

I am not a big fan of Bumrungrad but the world has them on the books. At least for the routine tests.

As I posted earlier, Bumrungrad and Samitivej are money printing establishments.

That's what my Thai colleague said and I believe him.

For the routine lab tests, they are ok.

Anything bigger than removing tatoos (that I don't have) I would turn to a farang country hospital.

If you're able to analyse the test results yourself and don't need to see a doctor, then you can save a good deal of money by just heading to a laboratory.

I'd recommend Bangkok Medical Laboratory. Standard hematology (CBC and such), standard package of 8 blood chemistries (BUN, SGOT and such), and urinalysis come to less than US$15, with results back in two hours for most tests.

You can call to get their address: 0-2279-1455 or 0-2411-0076.