Yingluck And Thaksin Plead Ignorance About Amnesty

webfact

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then, none of the Shinawatras' know anything about Shinawatra's government request for a Shinawatra pardon?

hmmmm... ok.

:blink::huh:

Yeh what a joke. So much of a joke that I couldn't figure out if these statements were a typo or not?

"Has been denying any knowledge of" followed by... "He said he did know what the Cabinet discussed?"

The Nation must be really pitching a tent now that the end of November has finally arrived and the annual petition process is underway. Love the headline, too, which is a thoroughly well-thought out piece of BS and not supported by the actual article itself. Thanks, Nation. Let the flames begin...

Both of them denied knowledge of the amnesty. What's wrong the headline?

First point, it is ludicrous for anyone to claim that Thaksin and Yingluck don't have knowledge about the pardon. This is just standard The Nation hyperbole, exaggeration, misrepresentation, ... what ever you want to call it... I prefer "BS" ;)

After which, the article itself quotes both of them talking about the pardon. Now maybe they could have said "Y & T feign innocence about amnesty" ?

The Nation / rest of Thailand knew this was coming anyway, so now that it is here, at least from a news standpoint for The Nation, they'll be having a heyday with the issue.

If I was a betting man I would give odds that the reason Chalerm ran everyone out of the room except a select few during the secret meeting is that a call was established to K T and he gave them instructions on how to change the decree.

Bingo

First point, it is ludicrous for anyone to claim that Thaksin and Yingluck don't have knowledge about the pardon. This is just standard The Nation hyperbole, exaggeration, misrepresentation, ... what ever you want to call it... I prefer "BS" ;)

After which, the article itself quotes both of them talking about the pardon. Now maybe they could have said "Y & T feign innocence about amnesty" ?

The Nation / rest of Thailand knew this was coming anyway, so now that it is here, at least from a news standpoint for The Nation, they'll be having a heyday with the issue.

RT @tulsathit: Thaksin told Reuters he knew nothing about the amnesty decree because it was discussed at closed-door Cabinet meeting.

Edit: You're correct. It is ludicrous that Thaksin and Yingluck are claiming that they have no knowledge of the pardon.

Edited by whybother

RT @tulsathit: Thaksin told Reuters he knew nothing about the amnesty decree because it was discussed at closed-door Cabinet meeting.

I stated in one of these forums in July Taksin would be back by Christmas. I'm not saying I'm right. But this was being worked on during the worst flood in 50 years. EVERYBODY KNOWS. This government is not about the Thai people. IT IS ABOUT GETTING TAKSIN BACK TO THAILAND AND NOT IN JAIL. If this was about the Thai people shouldn't the floods take priority? Or am I being naive again?

If I was a betting man I would give odds that the reason Chalerm ran everyone out of the room except a select few during the secret meeting is that a call was established to K T and he gave them instructions on how to change the decree.

Bingo

That is a poison snake in the grass, watch out.

As if the bad handling of the flood isen't enough, and now this.

I think PTP can be in for a hell of a bumpy ride.

I think it is time for a true civil war, side against side, anarchy in the making, fight till the rightgous win, the true Thai people :jap:

To get a pardon, don't they have to have accepted/admitted they committed a crime, and to have to have served time. Otherwise how can someone who maintains his innocence ask for pardon? Asking for a pardon for something he hasn't done sounds dumb to me.

ps when I read the headline, I nearly spilt my beer.

How can a convicted felon in jail run for office? It happened here in Miracle, amazing Thailand

Bingo

That is a poison snake in the grass, watch out.

Yes a red snake, time to bite to the death ;)

I think it is time for a true civil war, side against side, anarchy in the making, fight till the rightgous win, the true Thai people :jap:

Which of the dozens of ethnicities that inhabit Thailand do you consider to be the "true Thai people". TIA for your reply.

You say

"Anyone who supports Thaksin and thinks he has done "no wrong" and deserves a pardon is stupid and an unbelievable fool "of the highest order" and deserves ridiculing - Fact!!!! (as far as I'm concerned anyway)"

You are a lot more polite than I am. So I don't go there.

You might stop to consider that they are in reality unscrupulous and do it for money. Thaksin has a large pay roll for unrelated expenses to his legal business What was it the secretary of transportation supposedly had 200 million baht at home.

How can you question his integrity!!!!!!!

He's probably a good saver and couldn't find a big enough piggy bank so turned his house into one - not many people can claim to live INSIDE their piggy bank, you know!!!!!

Question!!!! When he wants to tap some of his hard earned stash does he have to order the demolishers in to gain access to it or find a great big hammer.

Why doesn't he keep all that lovely lolly in a real bank you may ask - what!!! and trust all those thieving *ankers with it!!! No way are they going to get their hands on it and another thing - I just know they are going to ask where I got all this money from and that suspicious lot will automatically think "corruption"!!! What a terrible thing to be unfairly accused of and I'm just not having it!!!!:jap:.

Don't have it then. But the most corrupt PM since I have been here (1986) has been Taksin. The just plain stupidest was Suchinda. Put them together and you have what the Thai's that voted them in wanted. Corrupt stupidity.

incredible how does a PM not know what her own government is doing. Is that contempt for the Thai electorate's intelligence, or are they really that dumb?

Lieing "big time" perhaps?????

Actually, just make that lieing - as that is a "bog standard" practice for them and is part of their motto I would imagine.

Something along the lines of:

"Dishonesty is our endeavour" or "Lie for loot" or lastly "no gain without other people's pain"

For you and me lying is black and white. For Thai's it's grey. Who are you lying to. What did they do for you to lie to them, and so on. Lying is just part of the Thai culture. Tell them what they want to hear, forget what the truth may or may not be.

Which of the dozens of ethnicities that inhabit Thailand do you consider to be the "true Thai people". TIA for your reply.

Of course not, I was not born here, but I do know who are the people I speak of are, and they are not the the cheating, lying wealthy few who think they should rule the Government, the past party proved that to be true.:annoyed: What does TIA mean in your words?

Of course not, I was not born here, but I do know who are the people I speak of are, and they are not the the cheating, lying wealthy few who think they should rule the Government, the past party proved that to be true.:annoyed: What does TIA mean in your words?

TIA means thanks in advance.

I wasn't speaking about foreigners when I talked about different ethnicities, I was talking about Thai nationals, including your lying cheating wealthy ones, all of whom were born here. Like the predominantly Lao ethnicity in the NE or the large percentage of Tai Yai in the North, along with many Hill Tribe peoples. See what I mean? Which are those "true Thai people" again? TIA

Edited by lannarebirth

incredible how does a PM not know what her own government is doing. Is that contempt for the Thai electorate's intelligence, or are they really that dumb?

Lieing "big time" perhaps?????

Actually, just make that lieing - as that is a "bog standard" practice for them and is part of their motto I would imagine.

Something along the lines of:

"Dishonesty is our endeavour" or "Lie for loot" or lastly "no gain without other people's pain"

For you and me lying is black and white. For Thai's it's grey. Who are you lying to. What did they do for you to lie to them, and so on. Lying is just part of the Thai culture. Tell them what they want to hear, forget what the truth may or may not be.

Yessss!!! "say to suit" seems to be the Thai philosophy on just about everything!!

"Of course not, I was not born here, but I do know who are the people I speak of are, and they are not the the cheating, lying wealthy few who think they should rule the Government"

Come on "Mr angry" Please be civil will you!!! that's NO WAY to speak about the Shinawatra's is it - after all Thaksin is incognito........and, well, Yingluck is incognito also (somewhere in the North (a decent (day time only) helicopter's ride away from BKK-under-water )) apparently, and they are in no position to defend themselves from your cowardly attack on their integrity, are they!!!!!:jap:.

So your quite happy dodging bullets, are you?

The words "pardon" & "amnesty" may be synonymous according to a thesaurus, but in the context of Thaksin & a number of legal cases against him, these words do differ from one another. It may be of little consequence to the discussions in these postings, but just in case you're somewhat perplexed, as I was, then here's the score.

The Editor In Chief & The Nation Editor help to clear up this confusion by discussing the differences, & how these two terms apply to Thaksin & four of the cases against him. The four cases are: "Land sale in Rachadapisek district", "Export-Import Bank (Exim Bank) loan to Burma", "Tax avoidance in transferring Shinawat Computer Inc. Communications", & "2/3 number lottery project by Government Lottery Office".

For more details on these cases & others, see the "Uploaders' Comments" at the following site:

"It's at the full discretion of His Majesty," he told Reuters on Wednesday in Dubai in reference to the pardon issue.

He said he did know what the Cabinet discussed at its confidential meeting on Tuesday.

------------

He did know what was discussed? Jing lor?

How is a convicted fugitive, living in exile in Dubai, privy to Cabinet discussions in Thailand. OK, stupid question, as we all know the answer. Oh My Buddha, she's more than stupid!!!

But, in all reality, he should even be charged with being a party to Cabinet and Government information and eavesdropping - right now!

Tuesday - Room emptied, in-video link to the middle-east, bullied and bent instructions, and "oh! Don't forget lads, this is a secret!"

Wednesday - Chalerm walks out to media, "Soz boys, can't say. It's a big secret."

Anybody know how to contact Ronin? :whistling:

-mel.

The Nation must be really pitching a tent now that the end of November has finally arrived and the annual petition process is underway. Love the headline, too, which is a thoroughly well-thought out piece of BS and not supported by the actual article itself. Thanks, Nation. Let the flames begin...

Question Mr. tlansford. If the government's draft decree includes a pardon for Thaksin do you support it?

Where's geriatrickid?

In bed with Tliansford - figuratively speaking, of course.