My Delusional Husband

maruna

Yesterday I posted a topic questioning male understanding of female sexuality. I believe that it was not defamatory, racist, or abusive.

I will try again even though I do not really find these forums to be welcoming places (my first posting a few years ago got me labeled as a man - just because I hate objectifying men. I hate objectifying women too, of course).

I have just returned to Canada (temporarily) trying to get away from the depth of my husbands betrayal. Hard to do, especially as in our most recent phone call he told me that he had just come back from a bar, and was 'busy' with a woman at that time.

This is not easy for me, and I am not a public person.

But I truly believe that this myth of the uber-sexualitiy of Thai women has led many men astray. DO MEN REALLY BELIEVE THAT BAR-GIRLS LIKE THEM? Or enjoy them? I want to know...

I was serious about trying to understand WHY men believe bar-girls' ministrations about love and love-making.

Personally, I do not understand how a woman could possibly enjoy paid-for sex with a variety of old sweaty men. And I cannot comprehend how a man can believe them

I am hoping to get some resolution to my anger. And I am sure that there are many women in the same boat as I. I hope for an open (and carefully moderated!) debate.

I spent a lot of time thinking about and writing that letter, and it is important to get a serious discussion going.

The huge amount of sexist drivel on this site is disgusting.

For example, I quote a man who wrote (in the topic on Loi Kroh Rd):

"I spent the afternoon with a lady from Chiang Mai. Young, nice with a gorgeous body with a larger than normal upper deck. Actually a bit thin for my taste, but I made do.... (snip)... one of the reasons I left (Chiang Mai) was the lack of easy availability of women who like everyone."

To me this is demeaning, heartless, sexist, delusional, and disgusting...

I am not advocating hate, nor do I discuss women (or men) like pieces of meat.

But I dare ask deep questions about human behaviour, and human nature. I believe that there are real issues here that need to be discussed. Betrayal and self-delusion cause pain and destroy whole families.

I hope some men will tell us (in a respectful way) what the attraction is. For me, that would be very therapeutic. It does not have to be demeaning, racist, or sexist.

Just tell us "WHAT IS THE ATTRACTION?"

My life has been shattered by my husband's actions.

I hope that people get the chance to talk about this situation.

People brag here all the time about their paid-for conquests...

Which is really more demeaning to Thai people?

Sincerely, Maruna

ps - Thank you for the letters of support that a few of you have sent me.

Edited by maruna

Your topic was closed because it appears to be a troll topic. In the future when a topic is closed, you need to PM the moderator who closed it to discuss the closure rather than open the same thing again.

Please read the forum rules more closely before posting again

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

//CLOSED//