Where Is It Flooding Right Now?

cdnvic

Continuing from

As the waters recede there are less reports coming in so we will confine reports to this topic until it grows to the point that it gets difficult to navigate.

Please continue to provide updates, and thank you to all who have been keeping our community informed.

As always, flood information only. No discussion or politics.

Thank you.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have no good sources of information, and my translator/helper is out of the country, and can't be contacted. I hope this is an appropriate place to post. If not the moderators can relocate it.

I've site-searched thaivisa.com/forums for specific information, but haven't found any.

I've been living in hotel rooms since early October. Still, I can't complain, I'm experiencing an 'inconvenience' while many are still suffering. I would just like to go to Suphan Buri, but not if the community is still flooded.

My main two questions concern my house and van. 1. What's the current state of Suphan Buri, and is the road open to it from BKK? And, 2. Does anyone know what happened/is happening around Phet Kasem 48 Yaek 47?

Explanation: I rented a house in Suphan Buri, which I only saw during the initial inspection, when I rented it - just before the flood hit there bad. My stuff was moved in by my helper. The house survived the flood, but I haven't moved myself in yet.

My vehicle is being worked on close to Khlong Khwang but was supposedly moved to higher ground - Phet Kasem 48 Yaek 47. A friend said yesterday that Phet Kasem was still flooded.

I would be grateful for any informed info.

Thanks,

Buzzer

I couldn't find answers as well so I decided to try a go and went by myself. I am talking about Nonthaburi area. Right now Nakon In Rd. from TanamNon is opened to traffic. Today about 1 pm there was a lot of water at the roundabout with Ratchaphruek Rd. All the cars could pass but it was messy as there are a lot of hidden potholes. The water around roundabout was about 30-40 cm deep. Turning right on Ratchaphruek Rd got dry up to Rattana Thibet intersection. Going further North things got flooded again. The road was flooded from both sides and the right lanes had the shallowest water. I stopped my journey 2 km before Chayapruek Rd entry as the water was too high for small vehicles (city cars like Vios, Altis, Camry, Honda city, Civic, Accord, Mazda 2, 3 and so on). I asked some truck drivers if going towards 345 was safe? They said "No way with your car". So I had to turn back. All the area looks surreal like a ghost town. I know the way it looked before. Now it's a total mess.

Hi again,

I'm too far from Suphan Buri to just check out the situation for myself. When I heard govt. sources say that BKK would be safe, 5 weeks ago, I headed for Phuket. I'm presently in Khao Lak. Still, it's not a vacation, and, if possible, I'd like to know the situation in Suphan Buri, along route 340 between BKK and Suphan Buri (driving a mini-bus, not a car), and what's going on in the close proximity to Phet Kasem 48, Yaek 47. Thanks for your patience.

Buzzer

Hi,

I have no good sources of information, and my translator/helper is out of the country, and can't be contacted. I hope this is an appropriate place to post. If not the moderators can relocate it.

I've site-searched thaivisa.com/forums for specific information, but haven't found any.

I've been living in hotel rooms since early October. Still, I can't complain, I'm experiencing an 'inconvenience' while many are still suffering. I would just like to go to Suphan Buri, but not if the community is still flooded.

My main two questions concern my house and van. 1. What's the current state of Suphan Buri, and is the road open to it from BKK? And, 2. Does anyone know what happened/is happening around Phet Kasem 48 Yaek 47?

Explanation: I rented a house in Suphan Buri, which I only saw during the initial inspection, when I rented it - just before the flood hit there bad. My stuff was moved in by my helper. The house survived the flood, but I haven't moved myself in yet.

My vehicle is being worked on close to Khlong Khwang but was supposedly moved to higher ground - Phet Kasem 48 Yaek 47. A friend said yesterday that Phet Kasem was still flooded.

I would be grateful for any informed info.

Thanks,

Buzzer

GM Link Phet Kasem 48 Yaek 47 Good address! It worked very well in GoogleMapsLand, anyway. There are a few flood maps such as this Gamling Flood Map , can't vouch for its accuracy.It's a fluid situation and will probably be for a while.

post-120659-0-82148100-1321972269_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

As far as I am aware, the water is gone from Central Ladprao and Major Ratchayonthin, but is still about 80cm at Kaset intersection.

GM Link Kaset Intersection. Do you mean this one? Images courtesy MCOT TV, today and, oh yeah, Google Maps.

post-120659-0-38766400-1321976167_thumb.

post-120659-0-22443300-1321976198_thumb.

post-120659-0-06886500-1321976321_thumb.

post-120659-0-74392400-1321976373_thumb.

post-120659-0-98572600-1321976522_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Here in Don Muang, the water is still about 2 and a half feet and going down at an inch per day.

2.5 feet where? I was just there last week and at our house around Green Restaurant it was already down to about 18inches and dropping a couple of inches per day. It was about 2- 2.5 feet on Srong bra Pa rd. is that your measuring source? I'm planning a trip back this Sunday to further my clean up in spite of dreading the 1.5 hour trip by boat from Klong Bra Pa rd. to the house. I've been cleaning up as it drops as that's the best way so as not to let the staining set in and dry up. My goal is to pressure wash the outside this time, already mopped out and bleached the rest of the house but still have quite a bit inside to clean but only items better cleaned outside which hasn't been able to happen yet.

I moved the sand bags back down to the drive entrance from the front door to prevent more crap from coming in and I'm going to pump out what's there and clean it up. The water will come back in some but it will only be water and not all the floating crap plus I intend to pour some Cl2 in there to sanitize what comes in, kill off mossies and prevent more algae growth from re-occurring.. Then maybe I can swim in it like my own private swimming pool :lol: NOT! :bah:

That's the one! I have a Jazz and am considering coming home this week - Phaholyonthin soi 40 - but it isn't looking very good based on those pictures and videos like this:

GM Link Pahon Yothin 40 Yep, YouTube. That's where I get all my up-to-date flood info (not).

post-120659-0-54830000-1321978908_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Here in Don Muang, the water is still about 2 and a half feet and going down at an inch per day.

2.5 feet where? I was just there last week and at our house around Green Restaurant it was already down to about 18inches and dropping a couple of inches per day. It was about 2- 2.5 feet on Srong bra Pa rd. is that your measuring source? I'm planning a trip back this Sunday to further my clean up in spite of dreading the 1.5 hour trip by boat from Klong Bra Pa rd. to the house. I've been cleaning up as it drops as that's the best way so as not to let the staining set in and dry up. My goal is to pressure wash the outside this time, already mopped out and bleached the rest of the house but still have quite a bit inside to clean but only items better cleaned outside which hasn't been able to happen yet.

I moved the sand bags back down to the drive entrance from the front door to prevent more crap from coming in and I'm going to pump out what's there and clean it up. The water will come back in some but it will only be water and not all the floating crap plus I intend to pour some Cl2 in there to sanitize what comes in, kill off mossies and prevent more algae growth from re-occurring.. Then maybe I can swim in it like my own private swimming pool :lol: NOT! :bah:

GM Link Saranakhom 7 (Don Muang or Si Kan? Who cares?). Navigation-by-restaurant, gotta love it.

post-120659-0-55642000-1321981611_thumb.

From Sirsuk Junction down to Moo Baan Shlatorn, I waded through it yesterday, and here it is only going down at the rate of an inch per day, Klong Precha Kon has still not been dredged as far as I am aware, this is the main source of water for this part of Don Muang. It was in one of the six points agreed to by Froc on Monday, but naught appears to have been done.

GM Link Saranakhom 7 (Don Muang or Si Kan? Who cares?). Navigation-by-restaurant, gotta love it.

Thanks, technically I'm in Si Kan your arrow is almost directly on top of our house, of course I always navigate by notable land marks it's the only way to go ;):D ..

Called our neighbor today and they said the road is dry now in front our house but still mostly only accessible by pick up trucks from the main roads..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Thank you guys for the information, i've also been wondering about this. I am to return in the beginning of December,

anyone know if there is any flooding on the way from the airport to the busstation at Ekamai? Need to get on the bus

to my home in Ko Chang, and was thinking the taxi drivers at the airport would try to get something extra by saying

they would have to drive farther or something... Thanks for any information

Photos from today at Future Park and Klongs 1-2 on Nakhon Nayok. Levels have decreased slowly over the past month, but it looks like the villages will be flooded for quite awhile longer.

post-6428-0-41158500-1322048411_thumb.jp

Taken on a pedestrian bridge towards FP. Not much activity, though it's open

post-6428-0-17202700-1322048419_thumb.jp

Parking lot deserted and still a lot of flood water remaining.

post-6428-0-82708100-1322048431_thumb.jp

In front of Future looking towards Major Cineplex

post-6428-0-57971500-1322048444_thumb.jp

Klong 1. Water levels vary area to area.

post-6428-0-25389100-1322048452_thumb.jp

Klong 1, Nakhon Nayok heading towards Bangkok. Traffic is jammed and very chaotic. No end in sight with this.

post-6428-0-99878400-1322048458_thumb.jp

Klong 2, water letting up in some areas on the road. In front of Montana Village

post-6428-0-86528500-1322048467_thumb.jp

Montana Village, Klong 2. While water is decreasing in some areas on the main road, villages will continue to be water logged for awhile.

Thank you guys for the information, i've also been wondering about this. I am to return in the beginning of December,

anyone know if there is any flooding on the way from the airport to the busstation at Ekamai? Need to get on the bus

to my home in Ko Chang, and was thinking the taxi drivers at the airport would try to get something extra by saying

There is no problem from the airport to where I live, and I live in between the airport and Ekamami. From my house I head downtown each day and no problem, so you should have no problem whatsoever getting to the bus station (other than traffic, of course).

There is no problem from the airport to where I live, and I live in between the airport and Ekamami. From my house I head downtown each day and no problem, so you should have no problem whatsoever getting to the bus station (other than traffic, of course).

Thanks a bunch, man :jap:

Does anyone know the condition of the bang pa in exit coming from the 9 eastern ring road connecting to the 32 north bound to Ayuthaya?

Many thanks,

Fritz

Coming of the #9 there is no problem continuing to Ayutthaya.

The tollgates are #9 were the cause of major traffic jams last Friday around peak hour

No idea how traffic currently goes around that area..

you should just take BTS all the way to Ekamai - much faster and cheaper

From Thai PBS 'Thailand's Worst Flood' English-language segment, 23 Nov 2011, Dr Seree Supharatid and hosts Dr. Rungthip Chotnapalai, Mr. Suphajon Klinsuwan and Ms. Darin Klong-Ugkara got another 5 minutes of programming time covering, primarily the future flooding situation in central/eastern Bangkok.

Abbreviations:

BBB = Big Bag Barrier

B-cubed = BBB Breach

CM = Cubic Meters

CMS = Cubic Meters per Second

MCM = Million Cubic Meters

1) Discussion of a need for a (computer-based?) model for the water management system for better management and decision-making.

2) The increased widening of BBB at Pahonyothin road - 14 CMS flow now, but most of the water going to khlong Song, so water will increase only 2 cm in the Sai Mai area.

Predictions:

Dry in 3 weeks in most areas except the Pahonyothin Road (4 weeks), because of the need for more pumps for that area.

The estimated B-cubed water flows from the English-language maps (11_23a / 11_23b)

B-cubed #1) 11 CMS

B-cubed #2) 14 CMS

B-cubed #3) Not indicated as open on Dr. Seree's Map (the Hok Wa Breach)

Total : 25 CMS

Total per/day = 86.4 x 103 sec * 25 CMS = 2.160 x 106 CM/day (2.16 MCM per day)

I believe water depths are shown by large, white values on his map and have been dropping.

Water volumes by area in MCM (from his map - large, red values in each area):

North of BBB - 240

Sai Mai Area - 63

N. Pahonyothin - 21

S. Pahonyothin - 16

Total for Area: 340 MCM

The Thai-Language segment was not seen by me this day.

View the entire English-language segment of Thailand's Worst Flood 23 Nov 2011 (recommended)

post-120659-0-08243300-1322117847_thumb.

post-120659-0-71983000-1322117867_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Photos from today at Future Park and Klongs 1-2 on Nakhon Nayok. Levels have decreased slowly over the past month, but it looks like the villages will be flooded for quite awhile longer.

Agreed, I live on Klong 3 and the entrance to about 100 yards up the Klong 3 are at 1 meter then it goes down. Big C on Klong 3 still closed. The mooban (Warrarack) I live in Klong 3 on the side with Big C is the only one that did not get flooded, not one bit.. I find it odd that the 7/11 in the mooban got it's first restock delivery last night. I found it odd that they only restocked one shelf of water small bottles at 10 bht a bottle , then the rest of the cold beverages are oishi and some other tea I have never heard of before.

Back on track, the mooban with the huge dalad opposite side of Big c is a ghost town soi after soi. about a half mtr of water. Alot of New housing on Klong 3. Buyer beware !

Edited by Newguy70

Hi, Just an update from Pra Samut Jaidee, Samut Prakarn, most klongs are near full now and im little concerned with the government pumping the water still, we have another high tide coming on 27th, if the klongs take anymore water they will overflow and we could see some flooding in the area, last high tide saw the chao praya break its banks and flood suksawat road (only10cm to 20cm), this time with the added water being pumped into Samut Prakarn it could be worse.

From Thai PBS 'Thailand's Worst Flood' English-language segment, 23 Nov 2011, Dr Seree Supharatid and hosts Dr. Rungthip Chotnapalai, Mr. Suphajon Klinsuwan and Ms. Darin Klong-Ugkara got another 5 minutes of programming time covering, primarily the future flooding situation in central/eastern Bangkok.

Abbreviations:

BBB = Big Bag Barrier

B-cubed = BBB Breach

CM = Cubic Meters

CMS = Cubic Meters per Second

MCM = Million Cubic Meters

1) Discussion of a need for a (computer-based?) model for the water management system for better management and decision-making.

2) The increased widening of BBB at Pahonyothin road - 14 CMS flow now, but most of the water going to khlong Song, so water will increase only 2 cm in the Sai Mai area.

Predictions:

Dry in 3 weeks in most areas except the Pahonyothin Road (4 weeks), because of the need for more pumps for that area.

The estimated B-cubed water flows from the English-language maps (11_23a / 11_23b)

B-cubed #1) 11 CMS

B-cubed #2) 14 CMS

B-cubed #3) Not indicated as open on Dr. Seree's Map (the Hok Wa Breach)

Total : 25 CMS

Total per/day = 86.4 x 103 sec * 25 CMS = 2.160 x 106 CM/day (2.16 MCM per day)

I believe water depths are shown by large, white values on his map and have been dropping.

Water volumes by area in MCM (from his map - large, red values in each area):

North of BBB - 240

Sai Mai Area - 63

N. Pahonyothin - 21

S. Pahonyothin - 16

Total for Area: 340 MCM

The Thai-Language segment was not seen by me this day.

View the entire English-language segment of Thailand's Worst Flood 23 Nov 2011 (recommended)

Thanks for this Max.

Btw, the bold white numbers is not the depth, but height of water above sea level, so to get depth, need to subtract local ground above sea level. On average 1.1m.

I have posted tis in Long Term Floos Victims but thought it also applied to this thread hope I am not out of order.

Just returned to Khon Kaen 5.30 pm 24/11/54 went down to Nonthaburi to check the house. Most suprising thing was that about 1.5 hours out of Bangkok we ran into the flooded areas both sides of the highway still underwater - Area at Thamasat University highway passable but about axle deep for a kilometre or so.

Serviceroads either side of the highway at Rangsit flooded with wooden makeshift bridges for foot traffic to get to the highway - service station driveways flooded in closer to Bkk Don Muang most sois still flooded and many cars parked in the normal level parking are now flooded - multi story car parks full but no entry - no exit - expressways packed solid with parked vehicles of all types, private cars, tour buses, taxis, and many many trucks.

Nonthaburi major roads ok but those areas on both sides of the Chao Praya River still flooded, most sois have wooden walkways installed water level rises and falls with the tide swings from dry floors to knee deep on a daily basis.

Nonthaburi lifetime residents who experience annual high water have never had this situation before many who can't live in their houses have taken temporary rentals but as their money runs low are returnining to their houses and living on makeshift planks placed on top of wardrobes for sleeping and others on top of table tops for walking about the house at a half crouch/stoop. On the money side most mattresses have been discarded (soaked) now back to sleeping on bare boards or new mattresses purchased and placed on the makeshift planks I spoke of earlier - no government money of course.

This is not meant as a rant or bleet just an honest update on actual selfsight no hearsay - there will be some smartarse comments along the lines of they should be used to sleeping on bare boards they are Thais well I am not used to it although I am not a Thai I feel justified using the term "smartarse" for anyone who comments and has no real knowlege of the situation Remembering this is only a thumbnail snap of the situation that Thailand is experiencing.

Lets hope this and situations like this are managed better in the future

Main street Salaya in front of gate 5 Mahidol University had gone down to ankle deep early this morning (water was clean too!) but by this afternoon it had gone back up to knee deep (and rising) with filthy black water (lots of dead fish and even dead snakes) which I suspect is the Nonthaburi run-off coming this way. The sluice gate at Naha Sawan (by the Royal Gems sports club) , which was completely open, has now been closed back to what looks like less than a metre. River in Nakhon Chaisi (as viewed just north of Bang Kraboa) has risen again too as have waters at Phra Prathom close to Phetkasem road as it goes north towards Nakhom Phatom. The 338 road to Nakhom Phatom at Puttamonthon has about 2 feet of water and a current flowing south (it seems to be heading to Khlong Thawi Wattana meeting it around the middle of Thano Utthayan aka the 'beautiful road'). Image mall on Phuttamonthon 4 was open today as floods seem to be receding close to the north of Nong Khaem. The southern SRT railway line, which was dry but now has up to half a metre of fast flowing water again, is running a 75% service to the southern provinces but expect delays and a changed timetable as it has been reduced to single line working in places due to flood damage.

Reason for edit: Spelling mistake

Edited by DaiHard