Anyone Recently Been To Kl For A Tourist ?

Hi everyone,

I will be leaving for my KL run on Monday and I just wondered if anyone has any recent experience with getting a tourist visa there ? Like within the last month.

Are they asking for extra documents as suggested in some posts a couple of months ago or is it just the normal form, money and photos ?

Please, I am only looking for recent experiences. I know what the rules on the websites and embassies say so please no copy and pastes from Embassies. Also I know there is the Latest Reports Of Getting A Visa In The Region but the last update for KL was back in Sept. I cant believe that was the last time anyone went.

Any direct, personal, recent experience will be very appreciated.

Many Thanks

I am now in KL-fly back on the red bird tomorrow to BKK and stay in a hostel with various people wanting Thai visa.

You did NOT give the most essential piece of info for a answer: how many times before in Thaild-and more or less continuous or just look like normal tourist (f.e. many more asian countries stamped in?). They do prey on visarunners and those who seem to flout the rules to permanently stay in LOS. Not much on normal holidaymakers travelling around. Maybe now think of yourself about your situation.

I am now in KL-fly back on the red bird tomorrow to BKK and stay in a hostel with various people wanting Thai visa.

You did NOT give the most essential piece of info for a answer: how many times before in Thaild-and more or less continuous or just look like normal tourist (f.e. many more asian countries stamped in?). They do prey on visarunners and those who seem to flout the rules to permanently stay in LOS. Not much on normal holidaymakers travelling around. Maybe now think of yourself about your situation.

HI,

Thanks but the info I needed to know was what documents did they ask you for ?

Thanks

Isn't it refreshing when you can cut out all the rubbish, opinions and embassy copy & pastes from websites on this forum when you just insist on direct experience regarding visas. Only one reply but he messaged me what I needed to know. Refreshing.

Anyway just got the tourist visa from the KL embassy so I hope this info can be put on the latest visa reports list and be useful for people.

I wont bore you with what seems to be the usual stories like which hotel I stayed in, what I ate for breakfast, my favourite colour and any other irrelevant detail that you quite simply wont care about. If you cant research for yourself how to get there, how to book a hotel then maybe there are issues you need to address.

Bottom line facts you need to know :

Visa Type : Tourist 3 month

Fee : 110 RM (about 1000 baht)

Documents needed : 1 photo, app form, passport photo page copy of and money

Any questions asked : No

I also spoke to another guy from the UK who was in there getting a double entry tourist. The only thing he needed on top of the above info was they asked him for a plane ticket to show he was leaving within those 6 months.

So looks like KL are easy on the single entry but a bit more fussy on the double.

Hope this info helps someone.

Edited by rinteln