Shan New Year Festivities

ThePunPun

Now that the turkey time has been put to bed, and we do send out a heartfelt thank you to all of those who came and shared Thanksgiving Dinner with us, we would like to tell you of and about the Shan New Year Festivities now happening at Wat Kutao.

If you have some interest in the Shan Culture, and ways, come on by Wat Kutao and give a look and listen to the ongoings. The Pun Pun , mostly in the person of my wife Pranee, will be holding fort at our food stall just past the performance stage as you enter the temple. She and her staff will be offering several genuine Shan Foods for you to try out.

In any event, there will ongoings for the next 3 days, so if you have interest and the time, we would like very much for you to stop by and introduce yourself to some fine Shan specialties.

Gonzo

It was pleasure to share our Thanksgiving with you. The food was fabulous and so abundant that we had delicious take away leftovers for breakfast this morning and I'm about to make open faced turkey sandwiches for dinner. On the way home we all decided to make Pun Puns our annual Thanksgiving tradition. Hope to see you this weekend at the festival. Thank you too!

always a favorite on tv-being invited without an address !

...you have a strange way of asking "where is it", if that is what you are doing?

If you wished to go there are many ways of finding out where Wat Kutao is located.

Maybe google

Maybe any city map

Maybe ask a tuk tuk driver or taxi to take you there

Maybe even look on previous posts on Wat Kutao

or

If you don't wish to go and just want bitch about something, well then, I understand you.

For those sincere readers who may wish to know " where "

Or for the thinking impaired, the reading impaired, or those just too lazy,,,,, as well as the vast majority of the nice and courtious reader/posters, click on the following link , which I think will help.

Http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=147817

Hope to see a lot of you make it during the 3 day period...... Tonight is like New Years Eve with special entertainment and other festivities...... I am told midnight fireworks even, not to mention the loads of good food.

Happy New Year

G

jap.gif

Stopped by Wat Kutao for Shan New Years to see you Pun Pun and enjoy all the festivities. Nothing happening except the usual booths selling stuff and lots of pay to play games for kids and food booths. It was almost empty inside, maybe we just got there too early, around 5:30 pm Sunday night. Would not have minded that except they charged us 40 bht each in enter and the only thing there was to do was spend money on the same stuff you see at every free fair in Thailand. I feel they should have told us it was what was happening at that time because I couldn't imagine they expected us to wait for however long till the real party began as we had two little kids with us and the band was just getting there to set up. On top of that we were asked to pay 50 bht to park but I just moved my car up the street a little. It was a shame since we really want to experience their culture and do not mind paying if we get something in return. Perhaps it was empty due to the fact that we saw other families turning around once they were asked to pay for admission.When we were leaving 10 min. after we arrived I mentioned to the guy at the gate who spoke English that I felt we payed a lot for nothing he just laughed at me. Being held at a temple and being a special holiday for them I would have hoped they would have in better spirits for the occasion. As I was told it was not a touristy thing I sure felt like I was ripped off like one.