O Visa

Hi guys.

Just got a phone call from the Consulate, I applied for my NI-"O" Visa and they will not issue it. Because I have to be either married or over 50! <deleted>!!!!!!

Anyway they said I can apply for a Tourist Visa by adding an extra £10.00 to the fee.

I am 29years old, I have a Fiance in Thailand. My purpose of visit is to be with her and also seeking employment.

This type if visa according to the information I been reading is for Relatives & Friends / Extended holiday. So why are they saying something different...

Please help asap because I am going to BKK on Friday 25th Nov! Your well come to call at anytime on: 07791 095279 for advise on this matter.

Thankyou

Andrew

A tourist visa would seem to fit your travel and you can see your GF and look for employment on that as well as any other visa so it is not a washout. You did not say where or what Consulate you used but in most cases you are expected to have a wife to obtain the O for "other" non immigrate status visa. If you get married and/or find a job you can easily travel to a Consulate near Thailand in order to obtain the proper visa. People are doing it every day so not a huge problem.

He  didnt.............and  yes  he's  going  for  a  Tourist  Visa.   :o

He would have been refused if he had. Take my word.

Sorry but if you read the "application form completion notes" from the Thai Consulate in Hull's website you/ll see i/m right it quite clearly states that an O is available for visiting family and friends and if you scroll down it qualifies it by asking for a letter of guarantor.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Ad%20%20...ion%20Notes.pdf

I also know from personal experience he would of been granted it.

He  didnt.............and  yes  he's  going  for  a  Tourist  Visa.   :o

He would have been refused if he had. Take my word.

Sorry but if you read the "application form completion notes" from the Thai Consulate in Hull's website you/ll see i/m right it quite clearly states that an O is available for visiting family and friends and if you scroll down it qualifies it by asking for a letter of guarantor.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Ad%20%20...ion%20Notes.pdf

I also know from personal experience he would of been granted it.

Thaiflyer. You may well have been granted an O visa by Hull, as have many. That was then: this is now.

I suspect you are a little older than 29. The consul would have assumed Andy was looking for employment (as confirmed by his post) and refused the visa. If he was 59, then no problem.

As I said take my word for it.

I suspect you are a little older than 29. The consul would have assumed Andy was looking for employment (as confirmed by his post) and refused the visa. If he was 59, then no problem.

I/m not that much older than 29 and well under 50.

What you are trying to say is the Thai Consul at Hull have constructed a website that quite clearly states said visa is available and gone to the trouble of giving an example of how the letter of guarantee should be worded (and making it available to download) so that they can then turn round and say sorry we don't do that class of visa?

Sorry but i don't buy it..........there have been posters on here who have been granted said visa within only the last few weeks or so.

My purpose of visit is to be with her and also seeking employment.

On the face of it, the 'seeking employent' phrase could have caused the refusal?

Noel.....the "seeking employment" phrase was something he used on this forum and not what he wrote on his visa app (least i hope he didn't)........IMO the reason he was turned down is he applied to a Consulate that is stricter when issuing the class of visa he applied for in his circumstances. :o

My purpose of visit is to be with her and also seeking employment.

On the face of it, the 'seeking employent' phrase could have caused the refusal?

Noel.....the "seeking employment" phrase was something he used on this forum and not what he wrote on his visa app (least i hope he didn't)........IMO the reason he was turned down is he applied to a Consulate that is stricter when issuing the class of visa he applied for in his circumstances. :D

Would that be London by any chance? :D

Years ago I went there twice and was treated like a dog's turd, as was everyone else it seemed. :o

Is that witch still there?

I/m not that much older than 29 and well under 50.

What you are trying to say is the Thai Consul at Hull have constructed a website that quite clearly states said visa is available and gone to the trouble of giving an example of how the letter of guarantee should be worded (and making it available to download) so that they can then turn round and say sorry we don't do that class of visa?

Sorry but i don't buy it..........there have been posters on here who have been granted said visa within only the last few weeks or so.

YES. HULL encourage genuine applicants who meet the criteria.

Andy did not. Do you argue he did?

did you> i THINK YOU DID BUT ARE TRYING TO ARGUE YOUR EWAY OUT OF A HOLE.

Andy

YES. HULL encourage genuine applicants who meet the criteria.

Andy did not. Do you argue he did?

did you> i THINK YOU DID BUT ARE TRYING TO ARGUE YOUR EWAY OUT OF A HOLE.

With 1 weeks membership to your name you are starting to sound like a troll........................1st you allege DrP.P said the consul in Hull is lining his pockets (which cdnvic removed) now Manofhull (nice nick by the way)..............you are trolling again.

Go away..........................unless you have one iota of evidence to back up your claims!..............(in writing of course)

By the way ....................he never applied to Hull!

Edited by thaiflyer1

Hi guys, thanks for all the help on Thai Forums... Especially a big thankyou to Thaiflyer, he has been great help to my siutation and I will be meeting up with him for a drink in Pattaya on Saturday if I can.

Just been reading all the post about my situation and just to also let you know that I have bought my tickets and I am off on Friday!!!! YIpee!

Andy

Thanks again....

:o