Air Asia, Phuket - Chiang Mai

mja1906

I am due to fly Phuket to Chiang Mai on Air Asia, and have prebooked 30kg of luggage. Does anyone know if I can check-in 2bags which have a total weight of 30kg. Nowhere seems to mention the no. of pieces you can check-in. Also, are AA operating the counter check-in fee in Phuket? Thanks,

I travelled Darwin-Bali-Bangkok with Air Asia a couple of months ago and super-sized to 30kg - there was no problem with 2 bags with a total combined weight of 30kg. My understanding is you can check in several bags provided the combined weight limit is not exceeded.

Not sure about the counter fee for check in at Phuket but they do have kiosks at the airport where you can self-check in. Also, if you do a search for check in on the Air Asia website http://www.airasia.com/au/en/myflights/sci_faq.html you will find: "20. At which airports do Conventional Counter Check-In Fees NOT apply? Counter check-in fees will NOT apply for flight departures from Hong Kong, Macau, Clark in Philippines, Tokyo (Haneda) and Osaka (Kansai) in Japan, Seoul (Incheon) in Korea and Tehran (Imam Khomeini) in Iran. Counter check-in fees will also not apply for flights with an FD airline code (e.g. FD XXXX) departing from any country."