Documents Needed For A Non-B Visa?

Hello everyone. I'm hoping I can get a good answer for this question, because the agency I'm hired through isn't worth a wooden nickel.

I work at a government school in Pathum Thani.

I want to get a Non-B Visa.

I am going to Cambodia to get it.

What are ALL of the documents I need to make this happen?

I just want a single entry, 90 day.

I appreciate your help.

Even though you work for an agency, The school is going to have to organize the reqiured documents from them and the ministry of education. You must have the required documents and apply for a work permit. The receipt showing that you have applied for the work permit is required when you apply for the Non-b. It's a process that the school should know if they have ever hired "legal" foreign teachers before. Unfortunately, some agencies will pay you via ATM deposit and continue to make excuses telling you that you will have to continue to make border runs and get tourist visas with no intension of getting you the proper work documents.

Edited by wayned

Thanks Wayne. Yes, this is turning into quite a nightmare. The agency is definitely giving me the runaround. But I'm getting all sorts of answers from different people. Some say that you don't need a work-permit to get a Non-B and others say you need the Non-B, first and then you can get a work permit. I am getting paid via ATM. I have a feeling that the agency is doing this so they can pocket the money they are getting from the school.

I don't know how long I can keep up with flying in and out of the country every 30 or 60 days.

Sigh.

As with all agencies they give you the runaround for a long time until you get pi**ed off and leave, then they get the next one in promise them the world and give nothing.

I used to work for an agent, she was getting more than 60,000 per month from the school, I was getting 40,000 but no work permit nothing, so I got myself another job, and got what was required.

The way to go is get the documents for the WP, go to the Ministry of Labour, submit the documents get a receipt, take this receipt and most of the documents that were required for the WP to a consulate outside of Thailand to get a Non Immigrant B.

I do think you will never get a Non Immigrant B from your current employer.

"I am getting paid via ATM. I have a feeling that the agency is doing this so they can pocket the money they are getting from the school."

I think a lot of people get their money through direct deposit.

You have a feeling? I know you never thought the agency was finding you a job for free...

What else would the agency do with their money?

Not sure about Cambodia, but Laos does require the WP to be applied for prior to applying for the visa.

Ask the school if any of their past teachers have had a WP.

The documents have to be initiated by the school. The letter from the school, the letter from the MOE, his class schedule, a map of the school, his contract, and whatever else all signed and properly stamped in the correct place. He has to get them from the school. Even if the agency had any intention of getting him the WP and Visa they would have to get the documents from the school. Like you, I went thought the same thing with my first job a long time ago. The school was paying them 48K and us 30K for making late ATM deposits.

As with all agencies they give you the runaround for a long time until you get pi**ed off and leave, then they get the next one in promise them the world and give nothing.

I used to work for an agent, she was getting more than 60,000 per month from the school, I was getting 40,000 but no work permit nothing, so I got myself another job, and got what was required.

The way to go is get the documents for the WP, go to the Ministry of Labour, submit the documents get a receipt, take this receipt and most of the documents that were required for the WP to a consulate outside of Thailand to get a Non Immigrant B.

The documents have to be initiated by the school. The letter from the school, the letter from the MOE, his class schedule, a map of the school, his contract, and whatever else all signed and properly stamped in the correct place. He has to get them from the school. Even if the agency had any intention of getting him the WP and Visa they would have to get the documents from the school. Like you, I went thought the same thing with my first job a long time ago. The school was paying them 48K and us 30K for making late ATM deposits.

Yes I realise where the OP needs to get the documents from, but the OP cannot just ask the school for them, he/she will have to ask the agent, and the agent will say "okay leave it with me" and months later still nothing as the agent never asked the school. The OP should go to someone at the school and ask about other teachers WP and then ask for the documentation to get a WP. But again, this will never happen as the agent actually has the contract with the school and not the teacher, and the agent can easily get another teacher to do the job.

"I am getting paid via ATM. I have a feeling that the agency is doing this so they can pocket the money they are getting from the school."

I think a lot of people get their money through direct deposit.

You have a feeling? I know you never thought the agency was finding you a job for free...

What else would the agency do with their money?

Not sure about Cambodia, but Laos does require the WP to be applied for prior to applying for the visa.

Ask the school if any of their past teachers have had a WP.

Actually the agency found me. But that's besides the point. From reading the other posts, I can tell my "feeling" is right. I just know they are getting way more than what they are paying me, which is 30k.

As far as who to get the documents from? We (there is another teacher in the same predicament as me) are asking the school and the agency both, for all the required stuff. The next thing we hear is that we need a teachers license as well!

I think Alice had a better time in that dam_n rabbit hole.

I agree with what you are saying, There are many reputable agencies and schools that will do everything that is necessary to see that you have the proper documentation -visa, WP and Teachers approval from TCT - to work legally. Then there are those that and nothing more than "warm body suppliers". They are agencies that are contracted by individual schools to provide "farang" teachers and the agencies will tell prospective empolyees anything to sign a contract., but they don't have any intention of helping you get the proper documents to work legally. Unfortunately, there are many schools that contract their services that really don't care about your situation. Their contract is with the agency and, in their opinion, the WP, and visa, are between you and the agency, but will provide the necessary paperwork if requested to by the agency. They know they pay more to agencies but use them because they don't have the resources or understanding of the requirements to hire direct and if they don't like the teacher the agency sends they pick up the phone and the next week a new "warm body" replaces you and your out on the street. your problems don't their problem. I first worked for an agency in 2003, it was like that then and I guess that it hasn't changed.

Yes I realise where the OP needs to get the documents from, but the OP cannot just ask the school for them, he/she will have to ask the agent, and the agent will say "okay leave it with me" and months later still nothing as the agent never asked the school. The OP should go to someone at the school and ask about other teachers WP and then ask for the documentation to get a WP. But again, this will never happen as the agent actually has the contract with the school and not the teacher, and the agent can easily get another teacher to do the job.

Edited by wayned