High Season Brings The Best People To Phuket!

Jimi007

the sites from rogue agents are full of the.

if you think rawai is expensive you've been farang keenoked.. its the cheapest part outside of the sticks.

btw welta is the worst place to look at real prices.

Edited by thaiIand

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Rawaii the cheapest in Phuket?

No everyone thinks there land is worth the same anywhere in Phuket weather its on the

top of a mountain or in a swamp, Rawai is not cheap we spent nearly 6 months looking

for a house as genuine cash buyers and Rawai is one of the more expensive areas

and the best if you are not interested in bars

More expensive than Karon, Kata, Patong, Surin, Kamala, Kalim, Bang Tao, Panwa or Boat Lagoon? Come on Peter you are really pitching up here. And when you get up to Surin area there is no bar scene there...just high end stuff

Edited by snamos

Well... Yet another thread that has strayed WAY off topic. I have lived in Rawai for 6 years without any real problems. My biggest problem came from a mosquito bite that gave me Chikungungya. I know most of the westerns that have lived here for years, but there are very few whom I go and visit. When riding around town, nearly all of the people that beep, nod and wave at me are Thai. I walk into any of the shops that have been here for years and I am greeted like family. It used to be a very quiet place, with no banks, few ATMs and a lot cows and water buffalo. Icon was just being built. The old Laguna was open air and kinda fun. Now all of that has changed... Along with this forum. People use to come on here and post a question and people would try to help with a useful answer. Look at the load of BS on this thread alone that has been posted. Times have changed and in my opinion, not for the better!

Well... Yet another thread that has strayed WAY off topic. I have lived in Rawai for 6 years without any real problems. My biggest problem came from a mosquito bite that gave me Chikungungya. I know most of the westerns that have lived here for years, but there are very few whom I go and visit. When riding around town, nearly all of the people that beep, nod and wave at me are Thai. I walk into any of the shops that have been here for years and I am greeted like family. It used to be a very quiet place, with no banks, few ATMs and a lot cows and water buffalo. Icon was just being built. The old Laguna was open air and kinda fun. Now all of that has changed... Along with this forum. People use to come on here and post a question and people would try to help with a useful answer. Look at the load of BS on this thread alone that has been posted. Times have changed and in my opinion, not for the better!

Hear hear! I have lived in Rawai for 5 years and was burgled once (shortly after I arrived).

The last I heard (but it was a while ago) the Sai Yuan area is problematical, but there are other areas that do not have the same problems.

I'm sure you're right that the local Thais love you for yourself and not your patronage.

Okay... Now I know why my dog went off at the guy who came to my house for banana leaves. It turns out he is muslim and dogs seem to be able to tell that. At least my dog sure does! Muslims don't like dogs, and my dog surely doesn't seem to like them!

PS: He has been told not to come on my land again.

Edited by Jimi007

More expensive than Karon, Kata, Patong, Surin, Kamala, Kalim, Bang Tao, Panwa or Boat Lagoon? Come on Peter you are really pitching up here. And when you get up to Surin area there is no bar scene there...just high end stuff

I did not say Rawai is the most expensive, i said one of the more expensive

Certainly more expensive than places like Patong but you get a bigger block of land here

Get your facts right

Certainly more expensive than places like Patong but you get a bigger block of land here

Get your facts right

Peter, i think you will find Patong is the most expensive part of Phuket, look at the rents and look at the key money, the land value is out of this world. I heard there was one block at Bangla that sold for 55 million US.

Get your facts right

lol. Omg. Every single thread you always say the opposite of what the whole world says.

So for the same price you get smaller land in patong, that means its MORE expensive. Rawai is cheap as hell. It's the issan of phuket. Thats why all the samlor riding farangs are living there.

I just noticed in the OP that Jimi asked the Thai guy to move off 'his land'. Im just wondering how a falang came to own land....was it through a Thai company or in your girlfriends name?...these are both illegal and the Thai guy probably had every right to go picking bananna leaves on an illegally owned property

Get your facts right

Rawai more expensive than Patong??!! You're away with the fairies.

Patong has the most expensive land in Phuket!

Upto 50 million per rai.

I just noticed in the OP that Jimi asked the Thai guy to move off 'his land'. Im just wondering how a falang came to own land....was it through a Thai company or in your girlfriends name?...these are both illegal and the Thai guy probably had every right to go picking bananna leaves on an illegally owned property

oh no call the police !!!blink.gif

In answer to snamos post 128

I did say you can buy houses cheaper in patong than Rawai

I also said you get more land in Rawai for the same price

In patong you can buy a house on 200SQM multi storey with no yard for under 5M

Our house is on 592SQM house is single story over 200SQM has a back yard and

a12x8M pool and cost a lot more than 5M but its what we liked after looking around

for 6 months and was not over priced like most properties here

The property values in bangla road would be among the highest in Thailand not only Phuket

so why quote them, it is the main tourist attraction in Patong which is the main tourist destination

in phuket

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

having a written rentalagreement makes the lessee the "owner" in the eyes of Th law, and the "owner" can and shall protect its property.

the rental/lease can be up to 3 years and still not registered in land title. more than 3 years require registration and registrationtaxes to be paid

None has the right to enter private property without being invited to, and armed (like in this instance with a knife) trespassers can be shot dead legally

when Police arrives you need to show your lease and gun licence

a12x8M pool and cost a lot more than 5M but its what we liked after looking around

The property values in bangla road would be among the highest in Thailand not only Phuket

so why quote them, it is the main tourist attraction in Patong which is the main tourist destination

in phuket

Its 6 years ago BKK most attractive areas passed 1 million baht/talangwah, thats one million baht pr 4 sqm. land only. thats +400million baht/rai

so while parts of Patong seems expensive, its a long way to the top

Get your facts right

lol. Omg. Every single thread you always say the opposite of what the whole world says.

So for the same price you get smaller land in patong, that means its MORE expensive. Rawai is cheap as hell. It's the issan of phuket. Thats why all the samlor riding farangs are living there.

Rawai is in general the cheapest land south of Phuket town

Paying more than 15.000 baht/talangwah is a rip off

No you can not own land in Thailand but your wife/ lady/ girlfriend can

and you can own the improvements with a lease depends if you trust your partner

And it is not illegal

If you are not in strong relationship you are better of renting but you will never be

able to paint, make improvements or do anything else without the owners permission

Its good to know you can paint your house pink with purple spots if you want to

And of coarse you will need the necessary cash to buy it

in phuket

Its 6 years ago BKK most attractive areas passed 1 million baht/talangwah, thats one million baht pr 4 sqm. land only. thats +400million baht/rai

Fair enough but bangla road would be the most expensive land on Phuket

competing with Patong, Kata and Kata Noi beachfront, not sure Bangla "wins"

Busy every night even in the middle of the low season, the businesses make money all the year round

Busy every night even in the middle of the low season, the businesses make money all the year round

hotels and extreme high end holiday homes are the land buyers at extreme prices in Phuket, and they want beachfront

I always see land for cheap advertised in the Mission Hills area. Down the street from me 1.8 rai sold for 60 million in Rawai, so looks like you're a bit off there kbb, although granted it's oceanfront property that sold for over 400K talang wah.

which indicates Club Meds land at Kata Beach just passed 1 million baht/talang wah

and Katatani at Kata Noi

Where is the cheapest ?

Heroines monument and north, with infrastucture, from 1,5 million baht rai

Yes we looked up there but it is in the middle of no wear but some people like that

no bars and a lot of rubbertree plantations in muslim communities

some friends bought there, its called lonelyland :D

And it is not illegal

If you are not in strong relationship you are better of renting but you will never be

able to paint, make improvements or do anything else without the owners permission

read that all you doubters...its why i prefer to rent

And it is not illegal

http://www.thaivisa....73#entry4845973

read that all you doubters...its why i prefer to rent

There are advantages of renting, like flexibility and no need for funds.

There are several ways of safe ownership, starting with the Condominium act

There are advantages of renting, like flexibility and no need for funds.

There are several ways of safe ownership, starting with the Condominium act

Safe ownership=buy in your own country cheaper and more steady growth with rental returns