Thai National To Visit Dubai

Hello all,

I am considering the possibility of my Thai GF and I travelling to Dubai for a week or so. She is currently in the UK on a 6MT UKTV. Can anyone shed any light on this matter, is it straight forward. I have bee told that she has to have a sponsor in Dubai in order for her to travel there. I have also been told if we book with a hotel, they can sponsor here and arrange for the Visa access at the airport. Anyway, thats all very loose info. I was hoping i may be able to get some definitive info from here.

Kind regards,

Thanks in advance.

Andy

I travelled to the UAE on my Thai passport a few years back. I flew emirates and they sponsored the visa. They asked for proof of income etc when I booked the ticket and the when the visa came through the visa was issued.

Hotels will sponsor one, but it is generally the 5 star ones who do so, and you'll need to book with them for a few nights to make it worth their while.

Not as intensive as applying for a western visa but they do want proof that you have cash and that you'll leave.

If you want to head to that neck of the woods, Oman doesn't require visa's for Thai's last I looked and it is a much nicer place than the UAE, which I do like.

I travelled to the UAE on my Thai passport a few years back. I flew emirates and they sponsored the visa. They asked for proof of income etc when I booked the ticket and the when the visa came through the visa was issued.

Hotels will sponsor one, but it is generally the 5 star ones who do so, and you'll need to book with them for a few nights to make it worth their while.

Not as intensive as applying for a western visa but they do want proof that you have cash and that you'll leave.

If you want to head to that neck of the woods, Oman doesn't require visa's for Thai's last I looked and it is a much nicer place than the UAE, which I do like.

although not directly related to visa's, how is the fact that its the OP's GF not his wife travelling and one would imagine the OP will be staying in the same room as the GF......thought this was "frowned upon" in the middle east ......:whistling:

Oman looks a better place but hotels are expensive compared even to Dubai.

Emirates sponsor visas, also think you can get one at immigration on arrival, but there are always big queues, it is just downstairs from the actual passport control.

although not directly related to visa's, how is the fact that its the OP's GF not his wife travelling and one would imagine the OP will be staying in the same room as the GF......thought this was "frowned upon" in the middle east ......:whistling:

It is a tough one. My then GF, now wife, stayed in a few 5 star places with no issues, though we did share your worries originally. It is such a hit and miss thing there.

So if I book flights with Emirates for me and my (Thai) wife (who lives and works in England) they (Emirates) will issue a Visa ???

Edited by 7by7
Font altered. Posting all in bold is poor netiquette; see the forum rules.

So if I book flights with Emirates for me and my (Thai) wife (who lives and works in England) they (Emirates) will issue a Visa ???

They'll require evidence which will be faxed off to the immigration authorities in the UAE and if approved there Emirates will provide the visa and issue a ticket.

They'll require evidence which will be faxed off to the immigration authorities in the UAE and if approved there Emirates will provide the visa and issue a ticket.

Sorry for a million and one questions, but how do I start the process, do I just book online as I normally would.....or is it more specific ???

Thanks

You will need to pay the appropriate fee and show evidence of a confirmed hotel booking.

On the Emirates website it states that you must book the ticket before applying for the visa.

Sorry for a million and one questions, but how do I start the process, do I just book online as I normally would.....or is it more specific ???

Thanks

Speak to Emirates. They'll tell you what you need. It has been a few years since I did it.