Post Office Amazing Service

Ordered something on line from a BKK shop on Friday.... at about 3 pm.... transferred money from Bank ...

Expecting being a holiday week-end that would not see anything arrive until next week...

Low and behold, parcel arrived (delivered to house) 11.45 Saturday morning... no special delivery.... Amazing!

Perhaps that's the reason for the late night flights?? ;):lol:

I've also sent stuff to BKK that arrives next day....

Edited by samuijimmy

The banking, transport and postal services in Thailand are excellent, far superior to those in most of the Western world......and I bet the postie on his scooter even had a genuine smile on his face :clap2:

I agree re the postal service :thumbsup:. It is impressive most of the time. (Transport here on Samui leaves a bit to be desired!)

So Samuijimmy - you are to blame for all of the late flights? Hmmmm

The banking, transport and postal services in Thailand are excellent, far superior to those in most of the Western world......and I bet the postie on his scooter even had a genuine smile on his face :clap2:

Actually Postman and my bank staff always do...they remember my name and give the VIP treatment.... :clap2:

The postman even waves me down if he sees me heading down the road to give me my Makro flyer or what ever!

Agreed, somethings do work better here! I'm sure there will be a few that would disagree.... but you can't please all of the people all of the time! :lol:

Thai Post gets my highest accolades. I have had 100% success and satisfaction with this organization for both international and domestic shipments. They even have a pretty decent English Language website!

The United States Post Office (which has utterly gone to hell over the years since the so called privatization) should be so good as to follow the Thai example on this one.

Posted all of the Christams cards to the UK at the Samui Choengmon PO on the 1st December.

Have been told by some friends that the cards had arrived already by the 8th December.

That's a seems like a pretty good service to me for 24 baht! Air mail, normal service only.

• 2 weeks later...

Another amazing service not only from the post office, but by Apple computers..

Friend sent a Mac laptop to BKK Mac repair, on Thursday last week, it arrived Friday. Apple emailed to say done repair Friday afternoon...

Mailed it back yesterday 9.15 am, (according to Tracking service) arrived Samui at my house at 12.15 pm... The same post man had already delivered the Makro flyer less than an hour before... :o

Pretty darn good me thinks and my visiting friend too! :D

Ibeat store said it would take 20 days if they were to send it for repair... :rolleyes:

Some things in Thailand really are amazing! ;)

I love that they can ship your motorbike to anywhere in Thailand. smile.gif

Seriously ! The post office will move my motorbike ? will I have to put it in an envelope or will they just put a stamp on my seat ?

Yes, just drive it there and bring a copy of the green book.