Soi Buakhao Market A Good Experience

banglay

I was doing some early Xmas shopping at Soi Buakhao Market today when the bracelet on my Tag watch came apart ....a very nice lady at a handbag stall pointed me in the direction of a watch seller and repairman at the market ....I hot footed it over to him showed him my watch and within 3 minutes he had repaired it ....I asked him how much to which he replied "free no change " and he refused the money I offered him to show my gratitude

One in the eye for all the non believers .....NOT ALL THAI's are here to rip you off ......95% of all Thai are wonderful and generous people I for one feel privileged to be a guest/living in there Country.

This posting is not meant to start a debate on Quote :- "Well ! I was ripped off " So all the whinger ,whiner and grumpy old men out there go somewhere else to do your moaning and groaning please .

Its maybe a watch thing..I was in Central Festival in BKK and my Big Crown ORIS was showing its age with a few scatches on the glass and body. I handed in to a young guy at their Watch repair point. 20 minutes later my watch looked like the day I bought it. All the scratches polished and buffed away. The young man refused any payment.

I agree with the OP. People are people, it is very easy to generalise, I know I am guilty of this myself. Better we promote the good in people.

Edited by lonewolf99

Its maybe a watch thing..I was in Central Festival in BKK and my Big Crown ORIS was showing its age with a few scatches on the glass and body. I handed in to a young guy at their Watch repair point. 20 minutes later my watch looked like the day I bought it. All the scratches polished and buffed away. The young man refused any payment.

I agree with the OP. People are people, it is very easy to generalise, I know I am guilty of this myself. Better we promote the good in people

The worse thing is if I'd have said I was ripped off in Sio Buakhoa market THIS thread would now have been full of negative replies ...Why Oh why are people so adept at promoting the negative but never at advertising the positive ? ]

Edited by Rimmer
Quote fixed