None Immigrant O

I am moving to L.O.S. early next year after the sale of my business here in the U.K. I have a Thai wife of 6 years although we will be parting company in Thailand, (we are only together now because of business commitments) We have a condo in Pattaya and shall be flying out there in 2 weeks until the end of January for a holiday.

As I shall need more than a tourist visa I thought this time I would apply for a multiple entry None Immigrant O Visa on the basis of visiting friends and my wifes family ( not based on marriage for obvious reasons) and also because I am 56 and realise next year when I am living in L.O.S. I can apply for a Retirement Visa based on the O. and I also want to apply for a Thai driving licence this December. I sent all the forms and payment off to Hull, (my wife having signed the guarantee paper),and thought they would want to know why I had not applied on the basis of marriage. I need not have worried, 2 days after posting everything my passport was returned with the said visa and a letter with full instructions about the 90 days and all other relevent information. The reason I write this post is purely to let other members of this forum know about my experience of applying for The None Immigrant O.

Thanks for the post.

You were granted the O visa because of your age............i.e it was granted with a view to retirement in Thailand.

In all honesty there was no need to complete the guarantee form or declare "visiting family and friends" as the basis of your application...........you could of quite simply said you intended to retire here.

Nevermind least you've got the visa.

Good luck with your retirement.

:o