PAD Coordinator Concerned About Emerging Red Shirt Villages

webfact

Have the Reds changed their Acronym name to reflect what it truly means

"Meanwhile, Siriwat Chupatmadtha, the coordinator for the Democratic Alliance for Dictatorship, or the red-shirt people, at Phayao province"?

or was that a Miss type on the OPs part?

You may find it is quite deliberate. If I recall correctly they recently made a deliberate misquote of a UN Under Secretary General which the UN did not take lightly. http://www.unescap.o...011/oct/g54.asp

I think it also demonstrates yet again the obvious for any TV poster who still thinks that TAN is an independant body.

Edited by phiphidon

Have the Reds changed their Acronym name to reflect what it truly means

"Meanwhile, Siriwat Chupatmadtha, the coordinator for the Democratic Alliance for Dictatorship, or the red-shirt people, at Phayao province"?

or was that a Miss type on the OPs part?

You may find it is quite deliberate. If I recall correctly they recently made a deliberate misquote of a UN Under Secretary General which the UN did not take lightly. http://www.unescap.o...011/oct/g54.asp

I think it also demonstrates yet again the obvious for any TV poster who still thinks that TAN is an independant body.

After years of reading barely English news in Thailand, you actually think this mistake was deliberate?

This is an article from the PAD news agency, reporting what the PAD says about the UDD.

Is this really news??

Where's your news?

The point was made, but you missed it as so often the case... B)

I didn't miss your incessant whining over news sources.

But if he did post something from Voice TV regarding the PAD and announced it as news you and others would be over it in a flash saying it was propaganda. He points it out and you call it incessant whining over news sources?

Edited by phiphidon

Where's your news?

But if he did post something from Voice TV regarding the PAD and announced it as news you and others would be over it in a flash saying it was propaganda. He points it out and you call it incessant whining over news sources?

We can go over unknown responses to non-occurring hypothetical situations... OR...

we can go with what is known and posted, eg. whinging over variety of news sources is a reoccurring theme with the particular poster.

We can go over unknown responses to non-occurring hypothetical situations... OR...

we can go with what is known and posted, eg. whinging over variety of news sources is a reoccurring theme with the particular poster.

"whining" - so despite your denial, you did miss the point.

Not a surprise

*yawn*

Whatever point you were trying to make was lost in the whining, but never mind it's getting to be expected.

Look forward to your next whine about the news sources. I'm sure it won't be long.

Anyway, enough of this silliness. Let us know when you have news you approve of and/or an actual on-topic comment.

Now if one of you red-haters goes to a red village (which you probably will never do for a lot of reasons), and find evidence of it being any one of those things, then please come post back your experiences.

I regularly spend time in a red shirt village in Chiang Mai province where there are lots of pictures of Thaksin on display including a big one on the welcome sign as you enter the village. My mild criticism of the current government has been politely heard but refuted there in the predictable & ill-informed ways. For example, a recent exchange went something like this:

Me: "I think many people are unhappy with Pheua Thai now after they've mishandled flood management & relief efforts."

Villager: "No, people still like the government. Look, Thaksin bought all those water pumps to help."

We can skip detailing all the problems within this particular response. My point is that this & other examples don't suggest violent intolerance but they do suggest that critical thinking & alternative news sources are in short supply, at least in that area. I mean, can't one fully support the red populist ideas & still admit that they've botched the flood situation & lost some support as a result? True democracy has no room for blind loyalty and denial of readily apparent facts. Of course, ignorance & closed-mindedness prevail in many areas in Thailand (& around the world), but I think that's bad enough as it is. In this one red village, rather than trying to rectify the situation they seem to be openly & defiantly cloaking themselves in their ignorance. That's what makes me uncomfortable & sad with the whole situation.

Given their level of education that is abut what one could expect from them.

The ability to reason some thing out is not in their school agenda.

Until they get a government willing to spend the money for schools and qualified teachers things will stay the same.:(

The sad thing is if the government carries through on their promise to give all the kids in school a note book it will just further detract from their ability to reason things out. Just Google it and believe what ever it says.:(

Edited by hellodolly

"whining" - so despite your denial, you did miss the point.

Not a surprise

So in short, what sources from within Thailand do You approve of?