Police And Law Enforcement

pauljones

The whole story doesn't ring true to me - the BiB effectively payed 25k for a shag?

My guess is that it would be for a number of shags. A hilltribe girl that I know in Chiang Mai has to go up to Mai Sai once a month and service a cop who busted her parents for drugs. This has been going on for a long time.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Donation to the customs widow or orphan pension - that's a good one :whistling: .

We are a freight forwarder, not a trucker. What the truckers do, is their business.

And yes, I clock about 30 to 40,000 km a year. And yes, I get stopped here and there. I just totally ignore all those attempts of asking for a bribe and keep asking for a ticket. In 90% of all cases they let you go.

Such a hypocrite. Come on, 90% they let you go ... Yeah what about the other 10%?

Do not bother. you have already contradicted yourself.... You pay like everyone else.

in the other 10% I get a ticket.

The whole story doesn't ring true to me - the BiB effectively payed 25k for a shag?

My guess is that it would be for a number of shags. A hilltribe girl that I know in Chiang Mai has to go up to Mai Sai once a month and service a cop who busted her parents for drugs. This has been going on for a long time.

Seems like a pretty light punishment; considering Thailand has the death penalty for drug trafficking (assuming that was the crime...not posession/use of personal amount).

Donation to the customs widow or orphan pension - that's a good one :whistling: .

We are a freight forwarder, not a trucker. What the truckers do, is their business.

And yes, I clock about 30 to 40,000 km a year. And yes, I get stopped here and there. I just totally ignore all those attempts of asking for a bribe and keep asking for a ticket. In 90% of all cases they let you go.

Such a hypocrite. Come on, 90% they let you go ... Yeah what about the other 10%?

Do not bother. you have already contradicted yourself.... You pay like everyone else.

ThaiVisa members are different, they're all impeccably honest ;)

Edited by MrsMills

ThaiVisa members are different, they're all impeccably honest ;)

Now now Mrs M, go and put the kettle on and we will have a nice cuppa.

The TV memebers will let their Chula educated HISo Chinese wifes take care of it.

The TV memebers will let their Chula educated HISo Chinese wifes take care of it.

Absolutely, how could we ever doubt the honesty and integrity of ThaiVisa members, I sometimes forget I'm in the company of the 0.00000000000000000009999999999999999% of the population that are perfect law abiding citizens, strange how most seem to belong to anonymous forums, especially this one. ;)

Edited by MrsMills

vpi78 said:

i have done business with Raro on many occasions

i have found him to be 100% honest and reliable in our dealings

its easy to point fingers when you are not in business and don't go anywhere but the mean streets of Pattaya.....

Absolutely, how could we ever doubt the honesty and integrity of ThaiVisa members, I sometimes forget I'm in the company of the 0.00000000000000000009999999999999999% of the population that are perfect law abiding citizens, strange how most seem to belong to anonymous forums, especially this one. ;)

Now you are awake, can you pop over to the thread you started about how long you have been in Thailand and give us an answer?

Ta.

I'm not anonymous at all, quite the opposite, I met plenty of members of this board on various occasions. If you would indeed follow this forum you would know when and where to meet me. Next possible raro sighting most probably this coming Wednesday at Leo's where I will break the law by playing guitar. cool.gif