Does Bangkok's Air Quality Affect Your Health ?

Trevor

Have read that Bangkok has one of the lowest oxygen counts in the world at 10 % .

Air-conditioned environments SEEM to feel better and healthier -- but just how true is this? After all they have to take in the dirty air, and make it worse through the energy they consume !

A little voice is always telling me to get out into the countryside but people do manage to live and survive in the big smoke, after a fashion.

I'm not saying it's healthy to live in Bangkok but it may not be as bad as many people think, the ocean is closer than you may realize. I live on Sukhumvit 8 and can practically see the ocean from my window so there is a pretty good supply of fresh air.

But walking down Sukhumvit during rush hour is very unhealthy of course.

Re aircon, they have filters so the dust is filtered out which does make a difference.

Edited by Orion76

I'm not saying it's healthy to live in Bangkok but it may not be as bad as many people think, the ocean is closer than you may realize. I live on Sukhumvit 8 and can practically see the ocean from my window so there is a pretty good supply of fresh air.

But walking down Sukhumvit during rush hour is very unhealthy of course.

Re aircon, they have filters so the dust is filtered out which does make a difference.

Read somewhere that in 2003. BKK city spent 400 mil. US$ reacting (curing) to air polution related deseases. That equaled the amount of help they were getting from Unated Nations to improve air quality.

the air is appalling , my health gets bad if i stay there too long .

aircon is only as good as the air fliters cleaned out regularly. and where the intake is positioned .

i know who a guy took over a rundown eaterie in BKK. the aircon filters were totally blocked up rendering the aircon useless.