Aust Emb Requirements For Marriage

BlaMuek

Hi,

Headed to BKK tomorrow for the week from upcountry to get the paperwork in order to register a marriage, and start citizenship process for child.

I understand I need a stat dec from embassy stating eligibility for marriage, with original divorce certificate. Can be done in one day?

I then need to get this translated, (1 day?) and then certified at the Dept of Consular affairs (Chiang Wattana??) - 2 days??

Thats the three steps. What is the latest on getting citizenship and passports for Thai born kids? Am hoping to get as much of this done during the one week as possible - want to minimise travel if possible, but gather citizenship might take a couple of trips to the embassy.

Also, my current passport is just about full; is that a simple application whilst at the embassy?

Thanks in advance.

I can't comment on the embassy part, as that depends on the embassy in question and i have no knowledge of the Australian Embassy.

The translation is provided by a translation agency. The Stat. Dec. they will have on file and is a simple filling in of the blanks, done in no time. Not sure you also need to translate the divorce certificate, you will have the embassy about that.

Translation agencies are near the embassies and opposite the Thai MFA, consular section.

The translation agency can take care of the legalisation part at the Thai MFA, consular section and send it to your home. If you want to do it yourself, go early to the translation agency and be sure to be at the Thai MFA consular section before noon in order to get same day service. (800 baht per page) Regular service will take 2 days at 400 baht.