Dvds For Rent

eutin45

Sorry you've had to wait nearly 24 hours for a reply to your simple question even though it attracted over 70 views. Strange. Maybe you've given up. Look in the list of pinned topics at the head of this forum and click on Greensides Map of Chiang Mai.

Once there, you see a list of places to the left of the srceen and the first entry is The Video Shop. Take no notice of this; skip it huh.gif and scroll down the list to find "The Other Video Shop" This is by far the best video shop in Chiang Mai but you do need to explore the dozens of catalogues stacked on shelves at the back of the shop.Almost hidden away. You can browse the thousands of films sitting at the coffee table. Its a gem of a place. The girl is both knowledgeable, helpful and speaks a little English. Its best to take out a subscription for about 1,500baht or more. Its much cheaper that way.

Go South down Nimmenheiminda to Suthep Road ; turn RIGHT at the lights ; turn LEFT at the next set of lights and the shop is just round this corner. On the left. Not on Suthep Road.

Edited by Asmerom

Fully agree with recommendation of the shop above. I have found a much wider range of Japanese films there, including classic films, than one could find even in Tokyo, easily at least. A tremendous collection of films. Lately I have been exploring their Western films. They have a far, far broader collection of films than one could find to buy in Chiangmai.

Yes, their displays of many films are but the tip of the icebergs. They often offer recent releases.

I like to think of their location on Airport Rd., just immediately south of a traffic light from Suthep Rd., as being convenient, as it is between Canal as well as Niemenhamen (sp?).

I too find staff v. helpful.