What On Earth Is Going On With The Police In Bkk?

HardenedSoul

I've been accosted twice whilst walking home
they know EXACTLY who I am and where I'm from since they've pulled me untold times over the last 4 years I've lived on Sukhumvit.

So, how many times have they actually stopped you? :blink: Obviously there must be a reason for this.

Others have said there are extra security measures in effect over and above efforts to counter the possibility of a bombing campaign and that is a good enough explanation for me.

I've been accosted twice whilst walking home
they know EXACTLY who I am and where I'm from since they've pulled me untold times over the last 4 years I've lived on Sukhumvit.

So, how many times have they actually stopped you? :blink: Obviously there must be a reason for this.

Others have said there are extra security measures in effect over and above efforts to counter the possibility of a bombing campaign and that is a good enough explanation for me.

Yes, but over the last 4 years. :rolleyes:

Stop and search in the UK (depending on the colour of your skin?). That has happened many times over the years. Sometimes they actually stop you because you look suspicious :whistling:

Why should it be any different over here? Because it is near that time of year when they are going to be needing extra funds? That time will soon be upon us for party money. But as others have said they are being extra vigilant at the moment because of threats and potential trouble.

As they seem to have let you go with no payment or particular hassle seems to me there is no problem.

Let me guess OP you are being stopped somewhere in Thong Lo area? They are notorious for pestering farang. That said, the goal always seems to be finding a way to get a small amount of money off of you rather than something more sinister. It's not like you are a black teenager being harassed by skinhead police officers in Central LA

:lol: Cheers for the laugh, farang000999 - made my morning. Actually, I am Afro-Caribbean but although it'd be easy to identify that as the reason for being stopped, I prefer not to as I've seen them stop many white people too and subject them to far more of an inconvenience than they have me.

Not quite Thong Lo though - more the stretch of Sukhumvit between Villa Supermarket and Asoke.

Best comeback answer I have ever read on TV, I salute you, I also share your views on Londons finest.

I live in a small town and towards the end of the month make sure everything is in order with your vehicle, because they don't miss a trick and they have targets to meet.

This is very strange though as there is never any trouble at the weekend or when it's raining as there are no police to be seen.

Am I the only one living in a town like this?.

The only thing worse than Thai police is the Thai Army.

Out of control mafias that report to no-one.

The police run the crime and the Army robs the country blind.

what a nonsense.

they prevent others from robbing the country.

without them, we would already have a multi-coloured civil war here......

plus they really DO help during times of national disasters such as the flood lately......

but you won't see any "BiB" doing this....

Pattaya as well. Have heard from more than a few police that foreign drivers are high % targets because they say that more than half are driving without licenses, and when that fails, they can always 'check down' to other issues like the usual registration/tax tags, etc.

:)

And if that fails, they can nab you for the FAKE NUMBER PLATES that the showroom fitted to your new car [happened to me] Thanks FORD