Aussie Needing Some Advise

I have been working as a teacher in Thailand for the last 8 months, before then in Cambodia. I've had a Thai Girlfriend for 12 months living with her for 8 months.

I have to go back to OZ because I have family that are very sick. I'm not sure for how long. I was thinking of trying to get a 3 month visa for my girlfriend. Is the OZ embassy very helpful or is it seen as just another Thai girl trying to leave the country??? So I have a few questions

Would marrying her make it easier???

How much money do I have to have???

How much does she have to have???

If I had to stay longer in OZ is it easier to try & extend her visa back home??

Basically can anyone suggest who I can speak too or does anyone have any experience or knowledge about what they think is the best way to go about it.

I would be happy to discuss over a few beers

Cheers

I have been working as a teacher in Thailand for the last 8 months, before then in Cambodia. I've had a Thai Girlfriend for 12 months living with her for 8 months.

I have to go back to OZ because I have family that are very sick. I'm not sure for how long. I was thinking of trying to get a 3 month visa for my girlfriend. Is the OZ embassy very helpful or is it seen as just another Thai girl trying to leave the country??? So I have a few questions

Would marrying her make it easier???

How much money do I have to have???

How much does she have to have???

If I had to stay longer in OZ is it easier to try & extend her visa back home??

Basically can anyone suggest who I can speak too or does anyone have any experience or knowledge about what they think is the best way to go about it.

I would be happy to discuss over a few beers

Cheers

You will find most of the answers you require on the vanderlay thread in this topic. And a search of the immigration website will fill in the other answers.

www.immi.gov.au

You need a tourist visa only. No need to marry just to get a tourist visa.

Once the visa is granted, it won't be extended in Australia.

As suggested by gburns57au, all the information your require is available via the search option. Have a good read and if you still have questions, come back and post them.