Red Shirts Threaten To Rally For Arisman's Bail

webfact

what ever happened to the concept of free speech on this forum?

Some people want to demonstrate in support of someone getting bail.

And that deserves over the top hateful "jokes" like hope the truck turns over, catches on fire? Good job guys, just think about the fact that free speech as well as the right to assemble is part of democracy and is a right protected in democracies and extended to everyone, whether you agree with them or not. On the other hand, hate-speech is not protected.

It disturbs me to think that you truly believe 10,000 people are coming in peace to sing sweet hymns for this hateful cockroach's release. They won't. They will be making their demands to the judiciary in a highly undemocratic manner as the Rak Chiang Mai and Rak Udon murderous thugs have consistently done.

I call him a cockroach as I will always remember his downright nasty, hateful, facist speeches of the variety that should NOT be allowed under the umbrella of "free speech".

Do you think the right to assemble as the Red Shirts did (not at all times it has to be said) does not impinge on the rights of others? Or do you believe in democracy by rent-a-mob?

I don't wish to see him harmed in any way but I would be more than happy to see him and others in the same "burn Bangkok" brigade never see the light of day again.

The sooner the working people of this country find a REAL political party with a REAL agenda the better. Something tells me that if they think they were screwed by the dems they had better get the KY gel out.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that deserves over the top hateful "jokes" like hope the truck turns over, catches on fire? Good job guys, just think about the fact that free speech as well as the right to assemble is part of democracy and is a right protected in democracies and extended to everyone, whether you agree with them or not. On the other hand, hate-speech is not protected.

It wasn't a joke. Nor was it hateful. It was just a hope from the bottom of my heart.

Rallying to protest something is free speech and is supposedly legal. 'Rallying' to try to coerce the courts to free a terrorist isn't. Therefore, I won't shed a tear if ill fortune befalls a bunch of thugs attempting this.

Regardless of the objective of the rally (and certainly regardless of the objective of the rally attributed to it by others such as yourself), they have the right to assemble, and the right to their opinion, and the right to free speech within the bounds of the law.

On a different note :

One would certainly hope that you are not run over by a taxi (or that you catch on fire) on your next jaunt to 7/11...

Regardless of the objective of the rally? Are you joking? These people are trying to circumvent the law by intimidating the courts. I don't think the right to assemble includes the right to circumvent the law.

You can hope or not hope that I am run or not run over by a taxi the same way I hope or not hope some worse misfortune befalls people I find offensive.

Have they announced the judge's home address yet? That's where Red Democracy really excells. It's all about communication.

Yes they can bring 10,000:

bottles of petrol

Bags of shit

Litres of blood

etc.

etc.

All very civilised of course

Red-shirt Group to Rally for Leaders' Release

Residents of a red-shirt village in Udon Thani Province travel to Bangkok to pressure the authorities to release red-shirt hardliner Arisman Pongreungrong and other detained red-shirt leaders.

Last night, more than 100 red-shirt members left Udon Thani Province via buses.

They are bound for Bangkok where they plan to rally to demand the release of red-shirt hardliner Arisman Pongreungrong and other detained red-shirt leaders.

One of the red-shirt village's founders Arnont Sannan led the group

Arnont said the main purpose of the rally is to support and encourage Arisman to fight for his freedom.

He said his group is made up of red-shirt members from both the North and Northeast.

He went on to say that red-shirt supporters from other areas will join the group in Bangkok.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-12-22

footer_n.gif

Regardless of the objective of the rally (and certainly regardless of the objective of the rally attributed to it by others such as yourself), they have the right to assemble, and the right to their opinion, and the right to free speech within the bounds of the law.

Could be argued that groups that have in the past assembled and failed to remain peaceful, failed to simply exercise their right to free speech, don't deserve to be trusted in responsibly organising new protests, and should be made to find other less potentially violent ways of expressing themselves.

could be argued that they don't deserve it, but it still remains their right. In Thailand and other countries. Yellow or Red...

It wasn't a joke. Nor was it hateful. It was just a hope from the bottom of my heart.

Rallying to protest something is free speech and is supposedly legal. 'Rallying' to try to coerce the courts to free a terrorist isn't. Therefore, I won't shed a tear if ill fortune befalls a bunch of thugs attempting this.

On a different note :

One would certainly hope that you are not run over by a taxi (or that you catch on fire) on your next jaunt to 7/11...

Regardless of the objective of the rally? Are you joking? These people are trying to circumvent the law by intimidating the courts. I don't think the right to assemble includes the right to circumvent the law.

You can hope or not hope that I am run or not run over by a taxi the same way I hope or not hope some worse misfortune befalls people I find offensive.

the objective of the rally (here, assigned by you)does not determine their right to assemble.

And your posts tend to not be very kind to people you find offensive... IMO

It disturbs me to think that you truly believe 10,000 people are coming in peace to sing sweet hymns for this hateful cockroach's release. They won't. They will be making their demands to the judiciary in a highly undemocratic manner as the Rak Chiang Mai and Rak Udon murderous thugs have consistently done.

I call him a cockroach as I will always remember his downright nasty, hateful, facist speeches of the variety that should NOT be allowed under the umbrella of "free speech".

Do you think the right to assemble as the Red Shirts did (not at all times it has to be said) does not impinge on the rights of others? Or do you believe in democracy by rent-a-mob?

I don't wish to see him harmed in any way but I would be more than happy to see him and others in the same "burn Bangkok" brigade never see the light of day again.

The sooner the working people of this country find a REAL political party with a REAL agenda the better. Something tells me that if they think they were screwed by the dems they had better get the KY gel out.

I did not address their intentions, since, apparently unlike others on the forum, I don't know their intentions. But their right to assemble cannot prohibited just because another group doesn't approve. I don't generally agree with ultra-nationalists like the PAD, but I recognize their right to assemble, and I would not wish their vehicles to wreck nor for them to burn alive as some joked here regarding the red shirts.

If they break the law or don't break the law is up to the people who assemble and how they conduct themselves.

As for the gentleman seeking bail, that is a decision that still remains with the courts. And so far, it looks like he will have his day in court. I do not condone hate-speech and violence which is what this man is facing. My suspicion is that he will be served justice.

the objective of the rally (here, assigned by you)does not determine their right to assemble.

And your posts tend to not be very kind to people you find offensive... IMO

It's not the objective, it's the way they're 'rallying'. If they're doing it to purposely intimidate the courts then they don't have that right to assemble.

And no I don't take kindly to thugs and gangsters.

On a different note :

...well....

I did not address their intentions, since, apparently unlike others on the forum, I don't know their intentions. But their right to assemble cannot prohibited just because another group doesn't approve. I don't generally agree with ultra-nationalists like the PAD, but I recognize their right to assemble, and I would not wish their vehicles to wreck nor for them to burn alive as some joked here regarding the red shirts.

If they break the law or don't break the law is up to the people who assemble and how they conduct themselves.

As for the gentleman seeking bail, that is a decision that still remains with the courts. And so far, it looks like he will have his day in court. I do not condone hate-speech and violence which is what this man is facing. My suspicion is that he will be served justice.

What do you think about the redshirts who tried to block some other coloured people who where protesting at the American consulate in Chiang Mai? They certainly didn't want to allow them free speech.

What do you think about the redshirts who tried to block some other coloured people who where protesting at the American consulate in Chiang Mai? They certainly didn't want to allow them free speech.

Yes, there are lots of instances where the red shirts threatened other peoples rights to free speech.

Yes, there are lots of instances where the red shirts threatened other peoples rights to free speech.

Of course there are but the red apologists always emphasize on 'free speech' for the 'peaceful' Red shirt protestors while conveniently ignoring the countless times these Reds try to prevent others from exercising the same free speech.

circle the wagons guys - you are just saying that free speech is OK as long as you agree with the people speaking....

If they break the law, then they break the law. But the right to assemble can't be denied because they might break the law.

Otherwise, keep drinking your koolaid, cause it looks like it tastes pretty good....

circle the wagons guys - you are just saying that free speech is OK as long as you agree with the people speaking....

If they break the law, then they break the law. But the right to assemble can't be denied because they might break the law.

Otherwise, keep drinking your koolaid, cause it looks like it tastes pretty good....

What a facile piece of tripe! Nobody cares if people execute their right to assemble or speak freely. It is just that each and every time this particular group does assemble it oversteps the bounds of what is lawful speech and assembly. As they are aligned with the police force in this same political/criminal cabal, there is seldom if ever a check on this type of extremism.

Can you remember how many were arrested for throwing blood on Abhisit's property? Can you remember how many were arrested for threating Abhisit's life if he dared to step foot in Chiang Mai and exercise HIS right to free speech and assembly. Go peddle your bullshit elsewhere.

Edited by lannarebirth

Tell us what you think about that situation and this one.

I suspect you are just baiting, as you can see from my posts, I do not view the right to assemble or free speech to be based on agreement with those views. I've also not condoned one group infringing on those rights of another group. Rather the opposite. And finally for all of those who see a red-apologist behind every keyboard, I've also not expressed my opinion on this rally, nor whether or not this gentleman should get bail.

What a facile piece of tripe! Nobody cares if people execute their right to assemble or speak freely. It is just that each and every time this particular group does assemble it oversteps the bounds of what is lawful speech and assembly. As they are aligned with the police force in this same political/criminal cabal, there is seldom if ever a check on this type of extremism.

Can you remember how many were arrested for throwing blood on Abhisit's property? Can you remember how many were arrested for threating Abhisit's life if he dared to step foot in Chiang Mai and exercise HIS right to free speech and assembly. Go peddle your bullshit elsewhere.

"It is just that each and every time this particular group does assemble it oversteps the bounds of what is lawful speech and assembly."

And you can, in turn, go peddle your own bullsh1t elsewhere.

Truth be known to be a red shirt supporter you really don't have to think just listen and do as you are told.

As a previous poster pointed out 10,000 protestors from 8,802 villages not munch intelligence there.

Kinda like saying 900,000 from red shirt village will not come out to support his parole.rolleyes.gif

Edited by hellodolly

I would agree that the group who is requesting bail for the man who has already shown the rabbit in him, have the right to request consideration for bail, again. I would suggest they send in a signed partition to this effect, thus sparing the general public more of their incessant bleating and general noise pollution.

I would agree that the group who is requesting bail for the man who has already shown the rabbit in him, have the right to request consideration for bail, again. I would suggest they send in a signed partition to this effect, thus sparing the general public more of their incessant bleating and general noise pollution.

Better still, if they must protest then stay at home and protest in a village of their choice up North, after all it will still be shown on TV.

"It is just that each and every time this particular group does assemble it oversteps the bounds of what is lawful speech and assembly."

And you can, in turn, go peddle your own bullsh1t elsewhere.

I've read dozens of examples of it on these very webpages, and if you haven't, or chose not to see it, it's not my job to find it for you.

The only good thing about this is to be reminded, yet again, of what the red shirts stand for.

And it clearly ain't "democracy"

This is scary, really, where is the country headed? Don't like a decision from the courts?, head for Bangkok and cause a disturbance, perhaps the judge can be intimidated. The silent majority better step up before the country is taken over by thugs. This is how the black shirts took over germany in the 1930s

Also how the communists took over Russia and China, they were called reds too.

sticking to principles is that easy.

If a group causes problems (ie: breaks the law) every time they assemble, then that is an enforcement issue, isn't it? Freedom of expression is a human right. For as rabid as you and the other posters can be in defending free speech, why the heck is there push-back on this? Let them demonstrate and if some break the law, arrest them.

In the case of the UDD, you cannot state "every time" and be serious. That may be what is popular to say on TVF, but then again, that is where "koolaid" comes in...

Whats the fuss about this wuss? Why are the reds still being funded? They have done their jobs and it's time for some to do their time. Talk about doing time, did any yellow shirt do anytime at all? There is a BIG issue with the justice system here. Thats why we are here today.

sticking to principles is that easy.

If a group causes problems (ie: breaks the law) every time they assemble, then that is an enforcement issue, isn't it? Freedom of expression is a human right. For as rabid as you and the other posters can be in defending free speech, why the heck is there push-back on this? Let them demonstrate and if some break the law, arrest them.

In the case of the UDD, you cannot state "every time" and be serious. That may be what is popular to say on TVF, but then again, that is where "koolaid" comes in...

Who is there to arrest them?

Here's the police seen "chillin' "

http://siamstateofmi...e-great-escape/

Double standards all the way with this gang.

Edited by lannarebirth