Tot Problems

1 months ago I switshed to TOT fiber optic. And the speeed became good, 10Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. But the probles are tha I loose internet-connection mostly every day, today already 4 times. So 2 mekanics from TOT came to my house, tried my connection,nodded and told me the problem was that I loaded down movies from Pirat Bay and worked at the computer at the same time. 1 houre after they left my house, the internet was down again. I live between Chaweng and Lamai. So I wonder are there any other people who lives in the same area or in rest of Samui who have the same problems. If so please contact TOT in Bangkok and tell the problems. I for my selv have contacted them many times, but nothing happenes. If many people do the same., maybe the will take the problems seriously.

i've documented my problems here with tot in the past, and while i think they are completely incompetent and generally unhelpful, if you're dropping the connection a lot then there is always a chance that the firmware in your modem/router needs to be updated.

look up your current firmware and then just google your modem/router brand and see if an update is available, if so then download it and install it and you may not have any more connection problems. should take about 15 minutes total if you know what you are doing.

I had that problem. Every few hours it resets your IP address, it wasn't doing it & I had to repair manually. @ young techs that always come said no it was my computer not working well on LAN so used the WiFi option, came back again & said no my WiFi through the computer was no good use LAN.

At the end of the day the office here in Bophut spoke to the Mnager on the island & it was fixed.

Please bear in mind when I first had it it was super fast, someone cut the cable in Surat & it has never been the same since.