Money Transfers From Usaa Savings Bank

Am looking for anyone out there who is a USAA member, maintains a checking account at USAA Federal Savings Bank (USA) and has successfully sent money to Bangkok Bank (or any other LOS bank). I used to have a BOA account in San Diego but grew weary of paying $5 plus 1% for every ATM use in Thailand. USAA is free as far as I can tell so far, but I need to move some large sums soon...building a new home.

I sent a total of 3,000,000 baht capitalization money from my USAA bank account in San Antonio to company accounts at both Siam City Bank, and Bangkok Bank - in a total of four increments.

Earlier, I also transferred funds from USAA to a Thai personal passbook account, to use to buy a car here. Again - no problem.

They do require you to FAX a signed letter of instruction. If you send me a conventional e-mail - [email protected] - I will send you the area code 210 FAX number for banking services.

They are prohibited by US banking law from making more than a couple of transfers each year from a personal account to an overseas business account.

Cheers!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com