Girasole Breakfast... Pass

czGLoRy

Had Girasole breakfast, was excited to try it after hearing they are serving breakfast, and their dinners were generally pretty good.

Anyways, today arrived with my girlfriend and we ordered a croissant, banana crepe, and an omelet with grilled ham and bacon.

The croissant came first, was slightly warm and delicious. Good so far.

Then came the crepe, was okay, but very small. Pretty disappointing, definitely not worth the price. Single small roll that could be taken down in one bite with ease, and not that great.

Then comes a plate with the bacon and grilled ham. (Why not serve with the omelet? whatever)

The bacon is cold, not only not warm, but cold. We came at about 9 in the morning or so, so it should have been at least room temperature if it were cooked earlier. I imagine they cooked it many hours ago, and keep them in the refrigerator/freezer until time to be served. The "grilled ham" was four small pieces of the 7/11 processed packaged ham. No thanks.

I called the waitress back after trying the cold bacon and asked if this was the grilled ham and she said "ohhh, you want grilled ham" and I said yes please, and can I have the bacon heated as it was cold. She gave me a fierce look and took the plate away, half expected her to throw it at me. (I was not rude, but not overly polite either, but did not deserve a harsh reaction IMO, simply asked in normal voice.)

We got the omelet, which was fine and good. Then comes back the bacon heated to about room temperature, and the packaged ham had been grilled so it was warm. (Not a real piece of ham, just same pieces heated on a grill, at least it was technically grilled ham).

So I eat the bacon and on the last piece there was a blob of soap on the end which accidentally got there somehow, but definitely effected the overall taste of the food. Didn't eat the ham.

360 baht (had a pot of Chinese ginger tea too, which was not very good but nothing to complain about). First time i didn't tip there, and first time I was utterly disappointing.

Probably won't even go back there for dinner any more, but I was so disappointing with the breakfast and the service I thought I ought to share the story.

-Mark